You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viergacht

Ag, there are so hard to choose from!!! I'd get them all if I could but I'm trying to restrain myself for two. Shame the shipping to S. Africa is so dang expensive, it costs as much as another whole raptor.

Sim

It would be very nice if Saurornitholestes langstoni was added to this line, I think it's the only dromaeosaurid in the size range David's making which is known from good fossil remains but isn't in this raptor series.  In the comments section, I've asked David about this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/992645470/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/comments?cursor=13378771#comment-13378770

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 16, 2016, 06:55:43 PM
I'm curious to see what they will be. Extra parts? Small animals? Eggs/young? Scenery/extra bases?

All of the above..maybe. lol  A severed Protoceratops head would be pretty funny for the Velociraptor.. ;)

Dobber

Hey Sim, congrats! It seems that David likes your idea of Sauronitholestes Langstoni. He also seems open to my suggestion of painting it like a Roadrunner. Hope it happens, but where am I going to find the money for one?  ???

Honestly if he does it, I may just skip Sauronitholestes Sullivani and get S. Langstoni instead. ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

So the accessory packs are environmental ?

QuoteAlso, addressing the remaining stretch goal ideas- I am currently working out the details for the accessory packs, I plan to do three: desert, marsh, and forest themed accessory packs. These will be at a lower price point than the figures, but I am still working that out. I plan to have the option up by the weekend.

stargatedalek

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 17, 2016, 07:25:23 PM
Perhaps they will also include small animals?
A pack of obscure prehistoric plants and critters would be lovely!  ;D

Digibasherx

Oh man, I wasn't keeping up with the updates, and I'm definitely glad all the stretch goals are met, but now, with all the raptors, I'm wondering if I should skip the print and get an extra raptor instead.  So for international, what's the total if I'm looking at all of the raptors?

Raptor Pack - 145.00
Osmolskae - 32.00
Saurornitholestes - 37.00
Balaur Bondoc - 37.00
Adasaurus Mongolienus - 37.00
Dromeosaurus- 37.00
Acheroraptor Temertyorum - 37.00
Zhenyuanlong - 37.00
Pyroratpor Olympius - 37.00
Linherator Exquisitus - 37.00

Total -  473.00

If with Print, then 523.00?

I feel like I should be signing up for installments :P.

Sim

Quote from: Dobber on May 17, 2016, 11:59:07 AM
Hey Sim, congrats! It seems that David likes your idea of Sauronitholestes Langstoni. He also seems open to my suggestion of painting it like a Roadrunner. Hope it happens, but where am I going to find the money for one?  ???

Honestly if he does it, I may just skip Sauronitholestes Sullivani and get S. Langstoni instead. ;)

Chris

Thanks Chris!  Thanks also for your support!  And congrats to you, your roadrunner colour scheme suggestion for S. langstoni is proving popular!  I think it would be a great colour scheme for it!  It looks like Saurornitholestes langstoni in roadrunner colours might actually happen!  Wow!  I'm happy others like our suggestions too.  I hope it gets made, if it does, I'll add it to the dromaeosaurids I'm already planning to get. :)

Silvanusaurus

By 'roadrunner' are we talking about the real animal or the looney tunes cartoon?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Digibasherx on May 17, 2016, 11:00:27 PM
Oh man, I wasn't keeping up with the updates, and I'm definitely glad all the stretch goals are met, but now, with all the raptors, I'm wondering if I should skip the print and get an extra raptor instead.  So for international, what's the total if I'm looking at all of the raptors?

Raptor Pack - 145.00
Osmolskae - 32.00
Balaur Bondoc - 37.00
Dromeosaurus- 37.00
Zhenyuanlong - 37.00

Total -  473.00

I've been following this thread since it started.
I did my pledge for the basic Velociraptor because it's a really gorgeous figure.
And I'm very happy that the Kickstarter project seems to go very well.
I hope that David Silva's line of figures will see the light of day soon.
But personally I'd prefer to be much more cautious.
Is it possible to create a full production line of 12 (accurate) action figures until May 2017?
Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds not so realistic to me.
There are 1882 backers until now waiting for one -or more- figure....
Am I the only one thinking so?
----------------------------------

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 18, 2016, 08:33:14 AM
Quote from: Digibasherx on May 17, 2016, 11:00:27 PM

Raptor Pack - 145.00
Osmolskae - 32.00
Balaur Bondoc - 37.00
Dromeosaurus- 37.00
Zhenyuanlong - 37.00

Total -  473.00

I've been following this thread since it started.
I did my pledge for the basic Velociraptor because it's a really gorgeous figure.
And I'm very happy that the Kickstarter project seems to go very well.
I hope that David Silva's line of figures will see the light of day soon.
But personally I'd prefer to be much more cautious.
Is it possible to create a full production line of 12 (accurate) action figures until May 2017?
Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds not so realistic to me.
There are 1882 backers until now waiting for one -or more- figure....
Am I the only one thinking so?
----------------------------------

It seems he has a simple base product that is easily changed to create new figures.  David also has experience with multi-figure lines as well including Neca and Mcfarlane .

Flaffy

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 18, 2016, 08:01:38 AM
By 'roadrunner' are we talking about the real animal or the looney tunes cartoon?
Of course the real animal.  ;D

Dobber

Quote from: Sim on May 18, 2016, 12:49:40 AM
Quote from: Dobber on May 17, 2016, 11:59:07 AM

Chris

Thanks Chris!  Thanks also for your support!  And congrats to you, your roadrunner colour scheme suggestion for S. langstoni is proving popular!  I think it would be a great colour scheme for it!  It looks like Saurornitholestes langstoni in roadrunner colours might actually happen!  Wow!  I'm happy others like our suggestions too.  I hope it gets made, if it does, I'll add it to the dromaeosaurids I'm already planning to get. :)

Well now it's looking like it may not happen.  :(
While lots of people like it, it seems like more are wanting a Dromeosaurus or Pyroraptor repaint. Voting is going on in the latest update comment section. Be sure to vote  ;)

I just really think the Roadrunner colors would look great on a Dromeosaur. I tried to do it with my Deinonychus model, but I just couldn't pull it off  :-\ was hoping a better painter would tackle it for me. :-[

Chris

Shadowknight1

I don't know if I'll vote because I'm not likely to get it.  But...honestly I like the kestral colors a lot.  But I'm already up to two and if Balaur ends up looking super good...I might be up to 3.  Which would probably be the limit for me.  It's a nice pack size.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Sim

Quote from: Dobber on May 18, 2016, 07:55:20 PM
While lots of people like it, it seems like more are wanting a Dromeosaurus or Pyroraptor repaint. Voting is going on in the latest update comment section. Be sure to vote  ;)

I just really think the Roadrunner colors would look great on a Dromeosaur. I tried to do it with my Deinonychus model, but I just couldn't pull it off  :-\ was hoping a better painter would tackle it for me. :-[

Chris

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing.  I think the current Dromaeosaurus looks excellent, it's one of the ones I've pledged for.  I'm surprised so many want it in another colour scheme.  As for Pyroraptor, well, I wonder how many voting for it know that it's appearance is almost entirely unknown.  I personally think the Saurornitholestes langstoni / Greater roadrunner combination would look best out of the options, but it's also the only one that would be a new species - the much more completely known species of Saurornitholestes.  The other three options would just be alternate colour schemes for species already in the line.

It is a fan's vote though...  I did a tally and it seems Saurornitholestes has about 10 less votes than Pyroraptor and Dromaeosaurus which have almost the same amount of votes.  Zhenyuanlong is far behind the other 3.

Victoria's Cantina

Does anyone know if both Velociraptors are the same, just with different paint schemes?

Sim

Quote from: Victoria B on May 19, 2016, 01:11:17 AM
Does anyone know if both Velociraptors are the same, just with different paint schemes?

The two Velociraptor represent different species, but are the same sculpt just with a different colour scheme each.  That's what I was hoping would happen with the Saurornitholestes as well...

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Sim on May 19, 2016, 01:21:40 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on May 19, 2016, 01:11:17 AM

The two Velociraptor represent different species, but are the same sculpt just with a different colour scheme each.  That's what I was hoping would happen with the Saurornitholestes as well...

Cool, thank you. Given how many stretch goals are now available, I may adjust my pledge for individual raptors now instead of the Raptor Pack as I initially pledged for. I really do want the blue Velociraptor, but I'm not so sure I need two of them even if they are supposed to be different species. If the sculpts are the same I may as well get something different like the Dromeosaurus.

Dobber

Quote from: Sim on May 19, 2016, 12:23:47 AM
Quote from: Dobber on May 18, 2016, 07:55:20 PM

Chris

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing.  I think the current Dromaeosaurus looks excellent, it's one of the ones I've pledged for.  I'm surprised so many want it in another colour scheme.  As for Pyroraptor, well, I wonder how many voting for it know that it's appearance is almost entirely unknown.  I personally think the Saurornitholestes langstoni / Greater roadrunner combination would look best out of the options, but it's also the only one that would be a new species - the much more completely known species of Saurornitholestes.  The other three options would just be alternate colour schemes for species already in the line.

It is a fan's vote though...  I did a tally and it seems Saurornitholestes has about 10 less votes than Pyroraptor and Dromaeosaurus which have almost the same amount of votes.  Zhenyuanlong is far behind the other 3.

Yeah, I fully agree. Also, IMO, the current Sauronitholestes color scheme  looks a bit bland too another reason I was hoping a S. Langstoni / Roadrunner would've been made. I agree the current Dromeosaur already looks good. :(

Chris

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: