You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 19, 2016, 02:53:27 AM
@Sim I think David said that Balaur and Zhenyuanlong will be sharing wings.

Yes he did say that.  What I meant was that out of the different wings available, Zhenyuanlong will have the largest, sharing that with Balaur.

Victoria's Cantina

Gotta say, the Dromaeosaurus is looking absolutely beautiful. Easily my favorite so far.

Archinto

The kickstarter page is diffcult to navigate on my mobile, anyone know what it would take to get one of each raptor in a teir upgrade? One of each and every one including the environment packs, but no art just figures
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Shadowknight1

Unpainted Acheroraptor and Zhenyuanlong!

Quote from: Archinto on July 20, 2016, 05:25:51 PM
The kickstarter page is diffcult to navigate on my mobile, anyone know what it would take to get one of each raptor in a teir upgrade? One of each and every one including the environment packs, but no art just figures
The Mesozoic World All-In tier would be the one for you.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Sim

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 23, 2016, 02:35:19 AM
Quote from: Archinto on July 20, 2016, 05:25:51 PM
The Mesozoic World All-In tier would be the one for you.

Yes, although like all other tiers it doesn't include the nestling 3-pack sets or the build-a-raptor sets.  So if those are wanted they need to be added on.  Here's the description for the 'Mesozoic World' all-in tier:

Backers will receive ONE EACH of all 16 available raptor action figures- (the main three raptors, the exclusive, all eight stretch goal raptors,and the four Fans Choice raptors.) as well as all four environment Accessory Packs. (20 items total)
Shipping is included with this tier.

Postosuchus84

I want to get the Acheroraptor actually because I've loved the animal since it was announced. The other dinosaurs are appealing though. It would definitely be awesome if they had a series two and did something like Dakotaraptor and Utahraptor even actually. Something larger scale. I definitely want the Acheroraptor though. I might put in for a pre-order here for it. Would be a great desktop toy.

Sim

Quote from: Postosuchus84 on July 23, 2016, 04:21:42 PM
I want to get the Acheroraptor actually because I've loved the animal since it was announced. The other dinosaurs are appealing though. It would definitely be awesome if they had a series two and did something like Dakotaraptor and Utahraptor even actually. Something larger scale. I definitely want the Acheroraptor though. I might put in for a pre-order here for it. Would be a great desktop toy.

David's been asked about adding Deinonychus, Utahraptor and Dakotaraptor to this line quite a lot, and he's said he'd like to do a series of larger raptors that includes these species at some point, but that it wouldn't be soon.  Austroraptor could also be good for a larger raptor series.  A series two is planned for next year actually, but it's ceratopsians.  A preview image can be seen near the bottom of this page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/description

There's been discussions about future series after the ceratopsian series, but nothing's been confirmed besides that David would like to do more.  What seemed to have been most requested is larger raptor species, but I get the feeling David wants to wait a bit longer before doing that series.  Next most requested seemed to be a tyrannosaur series and I think that's got a good chance to be series three!

Postosuchus84

Quote from: Sim on July 23, 2016, 05:11:44 PM
David's been asked about adding Deinonychus, Utahraptor and Dakotaraptor to this line quite a lot, and he's said he'd like to do a series of larger raptors that includes these species at some point, but that it wouldn't be soon.  Austroraptor could also be good for a larger raptor series.  A series two is planned for next year actually, but it's ceratopsians.  A preview image can be seen near the bottom of this page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure/description

There's been discussions about future series after the ceratopsian series, but nothing's been confirmed besides that David would like to do more.  What seemed to have been most requested is larger raptor species, but I get the feeling David wants to wait a bit longer before doing that series.  Next most requested seemed to be a tyrannosaur series and I think that's got a good chance to be series three!

Thanks for that. :)

I admit, I hadn't been following it that closely like I should have been. I saw the Kickstarter was established though when it was, but I was distracted by my other interests at the time. I'm glad there's future lines planned showing Silva's artistry with the figures. I do love the idea of them tackling tyrannosaurs and ceratopsians in the future too actually before the larger raptor species.

I personally would love for something like Rauisuchians to be tackled at some point, but I'm VERY biased there!

I do like the work I've seen thus far of it all just browsing over the company website and kickstarter. I hope it gets more popular, support monetarily and otherwise, as well as keeps going. Definitely has a lot of promise!

terrorchicken

so the next series is ceratopsians, they would all have to be more or less the same scale? maybe the mid sized ones like styracosaurus? there seem to be alot of ceratopsians in that size range...

Enzo_man

Grrr... Seems I'm late to the party again!  I totally would've pledged at least $100 (would've been my first backing). Now I really got to pay attention as to where these glorious toys will be sold.  I will not miss out on these :)
Who cares how old you are, loving Dinosaurs never gets old!

Flaffy

Quote from: Enzo_man on July 24, 2016, 07:01:37 AM
Grrr... Seems I'm late to the party again!  I totally would've pledged at least $100 (would've been my first backing). Now I really got to pay attention as to where these glorious toys will be sold.  I will not miss out on these :)
FYI there is a pre-order store...

Enzo_man

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 24, 2016, 07:05:37 AM
Quote from: Enzo_man on July 24, 2016, 07:01:37 AM
FYI there is a pre-order store...

Thanks to that bit of info and a Google search, a pre-order has been made :)

Nanuqsaurus

Is this the correct link to the pre-order store? I really like these figures, and I want to pre-order one, but I want to be sure what I'm doing before I buy something.

https://beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/52560

Flaffy

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on July 24, 2016, 09:15:36 AM
Is this the correct link to the pre-order store? I really like these figures, and I want to pre-order one, but I want to be sure what I'm doing before I buy something.

https://beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/52560
Yup, that's the one.

Sim

Quote from: Postosuchus84 on July 23, 2016, 07:23:52 PM
Thanks for that. :)

I admit, I hadn't been following it that closely like I should have been. I saw the Kickstarter was established though when it was, but I was distracted by my other interests at the time. I'm glad there's future lines planned showing Silva's artistry with the figures. I do love the idea of them tackling tyrannosaurs and ceratopsians in the future too actually before the larger raptor species.

I personally would love for something like Rauisuchians to be tackled at some point, but I'm VERY biased there!

I do like the work I've seen thus far of it all just browsing over the company website and kickstarter. I hope it gets more popular, support monetarily and otherwise, as well as keeps going. Definitely has a lot of promise!

You're welcome! :)  I agree, this line has a lot of promise and I hope it keeps going.  I'm also glad David is planning to do more after this raptor series!  A rauisuchian series sounds great!

Dobber

I know many will probably groan....but I'm really...REALLY looking forward to seeing what he does with Tyrannosaurs. They....namely Tyrannosaurs Rex....are my favorite dinosaurs followed by the Dromeosaurs which as we know he has covered.  8) I do really want to see what he does with larger Raptors like Deinonychus, Utahraptor, and Dakotaraptor. Hopefully all in good time.  O:-)

Now he just needs to give us the next update already...we had to wait longer during the July 4th weekend so I keep hoping for one sooner.  :P

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Flaffy

Quote from: Dobber on July 24, 2016, 06:33:25 PM
I know many will probably groan....but I'm really...REALLY looking forward to seeing what he does with Tyrannosaurs. They....namely Tyrannosaurs Rex....are my favorite dinosaurs followed by the Dromeosaurs which as we know he has covered.  8) I do really want to see what he does with larger Raptors like Deinonychus, Utahraptor, and Dakotaraptor. Hopefully all in good time.  O:-)

Now he just needs to give us the next update already...we had to wait longer during the July 4th weekend so I keep hoping for one sooner.  :P

Chris
I would like to see David make a triceratops, Acheroraptor and t-rex based off Saurian's design. Probably make a deal with the Saurian devs and sell them as specials or exclusives maybe?  :P I dunno.

Archinto

Thanks Shadowknight1 and Sim for the helpful information! I hope i can afford to upgrade by the time the survey is due. :) thesefigures are amazing!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Enzo_man

Quote from: Dobber on July 24, 2016, 06:33:25 PM

Chris

Sounds cool to me!  I'd like to see a number of other therapods such as Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Oviraptor, Baryonyx, Ceratosaurus... I can go on and on :). And non-Dinos like pterosaurs and marine reptile would be awesome too.

Dobber

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dromaeosaurus

That is simply GORGEOUS! David will really have to work hard to top himself after this one!

Chris

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: