You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings Fellow Dinosaur Enthusiasts!

Started by DTRobers, July 22, 2015, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTRobers

Just came across this site and I was immediately captivated by the content.  I have been a dinosaur fan since preschool days and since I am in my 60s now I think that says something about the fascination of this topic.  As a young collector I did not have access to the great toys and kits produced today.  I had something like 3 paper grocery bags full of figures by Marx, MPC, and others that dwelt on the dime store shelves.  I had a decent library of books ranging from youth oriented fare like the How And Why series, Roy Chapman Andrews books recounting his expeditions in Mongolia, and an Edwin H. Colbert volume all the way up to a thick tome titled "Fossils" that set my parents back $20.00 once I proved to them in the bookstore that I could read and understand it ( I was like 6 at the time).  Of course I also collected a lot of "Turok, Son Of Stone" and "War That Time Forgot" comics.

For many years during grade school my birthday present was a day at the Field Museum in Chicago.  The Albertosaurus (then called Gorgosaurus) in the rotunda and I became old friends.  I was almost sorry to see him displaced by Sue!

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the dinotoyforum, DTRobers! I know there are a few Marx and MPC fans here, so you're in good company :)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Arul

Halichoeres

Welcome! I didn't get to see the Field Museum until I was an adult--would have loved to have a place like this close by as a kid!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mamasaurus

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.