You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Would You Like To See From CollectA In 2016?

Started by suspsy, July 26, 2015, 02:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

My main likes or wishes regarding dinosaurs are pretty well known but I continously advocate for the making of the more basal and less well known species..Kulindadromeus for instance represents  huge oppotunity for someone to capitalize on, having been found with varied integument. Pegomatax, as I have said many times is a fascinating little dinosaur as well. The new North American ceratopsian Aquilops needs a figure as well. A micro Pachycephalosaurus would be amazing.....
   I find myself intrigued with the Guidraco and feel it is a huge step over the recently reviewed Ornithocheirus, which I felt looks quite primitive and almost like a cartoon version of Rodan. Might just be the asthetics or pose, but for me personnally I just felt it missed the mark badly. I really hope that Collecta releases a larger Pterosaur yearly like Guidraco...I find them to be very unique , well considered and a nice change up.
   I also clamor for the day that Collecta combines its broad offerings of ceratopsian figures with a better understanding of ceratopsian anatomy to produce figures that follow the science more closely. It is awesome that they are offering so many of the new trendy ceratopsians and I think if they ever couple that with the effort to sort out the various issues the models suffer from they will have a superb line of ceratopsians. The mangled rostrals, incorrect hands, and incorrect illiums are a bit much...although I do enjoy the different experiments with patterns and colors.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

More Cenozoic birds would be sweet. Argentavis and Gastornis would be obvious candidates, but I recently suggested to CollectA an Icadyptes. To my knowledge, no company has produced a prehistoric penguin yet.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I think a really accurate Supreme Microraptor is as welcome as a Yi,at least for me.
Quote from: suspsy on July 30, 2015, 11:45:15 PM
More Cenozoic birds would be sweet. Argentavis and Gastornis would be obvious candidates, but I recently suggested to CollectA an Icadyptes. To my knowledge, no company has produced a prehistoric penguin yet.
No offense,but isn't it  ironic that the same person who said people shouldn't make requests or suggestions to companies because 'it's like inviting yourself to a party' make requests?   ???  :-X

Halichoeres

The first sculpture I ever made was a 1:10 Paleospheniscus, but it got smashed in a move.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on July 31, 2015, 12:17:54 AM
I think a really accurate Supreme Microraptor is as welcome as a Yi,at least for me.
No offense,but isn't it  ironic that the same person who said people shouldn't make requests or suggestions to companies because 'it's like inviting yourself to a party' make requests?   ???  :-X

No offense, but you clearly didn't understand what I wrote in that other thread.

Yutyrannus

How about Pelagornis sandersi? Someone needs to make a figure of that one.

I would also like to see an up-to-date Dimetrodon (erect legs, mammal-like skin, half-sail).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

suspsy

Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 31, 2015, 01:10:01 AM
How about Pelagornis sandersi? Someone needs to make a figure of that one.

I would also like to see an up-to-date Dimetrodon (erect legs, mammal-like skin, half-sail).

Those are both fantastic ideas. Especially the Dimetrodon. It'd be a great way for CollectA to finally break into the realm of synapsids.

Everything_Dinosaur

Some very intriguing thoughts, Everything Dinosaur will post up news about what actually is coming in the autumn, or thereabouts.

SBell

Quote from: Concavenator on July 31, 2015, 12:17:54 AM

Maybe they asked? They did gift him a feathered rex after all.

suspsy

Nah, they didn't ask. I just started this thread for the fun of it. Nevertheless, I didn't say what Concavenator thinks I said. As I recall, someone in another thread pondered if CollectA would give them a Feathered T. rex as well if they asked them for it. I explained that mine was a gift, offered without any request on my part, and that asking a toy company to just give you one of their products was kind of like inviting oneself to a party. At least that's how I saw it. Hope that clears it up for Concavenator.

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 31, 2015, 08:50:40 AM
Some very intriguing thoughts, Everything Dinosaur will post up news about what actually is coming in the autumn, or thereabouts.

Woohoo!

Concavenator

Wait,you are right.It's a misunderstand.When I asked if you had requested a feathered T.rex what I was trying to ask is if you had suggested doing a feathered Tyrannosaurus.It was a confusion and I think you thought that requesting the model to a company (telling the company to they to send you a model of theirs) is like inviting yourself to a party,which I kind of agree with.Because when a company sends someone a model,it's for free isn't it?

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on July 31, 2015, 04:07:12 PM
Wait,you are right.It's a misunderstand.When I asked if you had requested a feathered T.rex what I was trying to ask is if you had suggested doing a feathered Tyrannosaurus.It was a confusion and I think you thought that requesting the model to a company (telling the company to they to send you a model of theirs) is like inviting yourself to a party,which I kind of agree with.Because when a company sends someone a model,it's for free isn't it?

You are correct. I'm glad we were able to sort this out.

Chad

I'm also on board for more non-dinosaur stuff from Collecta, especially Permian critters and Triassic crocodilomorphs.

suspsy

Cenozoic reptiles would also be nifty. A Titanoboa would be sweet, especially if it was sculpted in the act of constricting some prey. Although would be a challenge for any artist!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.