You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Would You Like To See From CollectA In 2016?

Started by suspsy, July 26, 2015, 02:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: suspsy on July 27, 2015, 01:53:15 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 27, 2015, 01:44:51 AM
Call them as you please but Google had this to say:
Quotenoun
noun: quill; plural noun: quills; noun: quill feather; plural noun: quill feathers

any of the main wing or tail feathers of a bird.
        the hollow shaft of a feather, especially the lower part or calamus that lacks barbs.
        a pen made from a main wing or tail feather of a large bird by pointing and slitting the end of the shaft.
        noun: quill pen; plural noun: quill pens
    an object in the form of a thin tube, in particular.
        the hollow sharp spines of a porcupine, hedgehog, or other spiny mammal.
        panpipes.
        a weaver's spindle.

An object in the form of a thin tube could describe the structures visible in Csotonyi's Triceratops. But if it really makes you happy, I'm fine with referring to them as spines from hereon.

And now that we've defined terms, I'd like to second Takama's suggestion that this topic be relocated elsewhere.
So to clarify Suspy you are requestiong modified scales or spines on the ceratopsians ? Cause yeah thats possible and hard to disprove ..but you kept saying quills and there is no way for quills at all. I can go with modified scales.....sure, why not? Its possible if not likely yes.....and yeah sure a seperate topic is fine by me as well. I think we cleared the discussion though if I am getting it correctly
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Yes, that is exactly what I've been advocating. I can understand your earlier confusion, as "spines" is a more apt scientific term for describing such structures than "quills." Call it a habit of mine, employing the latter term. And since we're agreed that such speculative spines on a Triceratops do fall under the category of possibility, I don't see a real need to keep on discussing it. Although I do enjoy our intense debates, amargasaurus! :)

Getting back to the original topic, stargatedalek has some great suggestions. Although I do wonder if there's a line even CollectA won't cross when it comes to obscure beasts. I'd definitely buy a Supreme Anomalocaris, but I doubt too many other people would.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

Im on record as not liking the ceratopsians this company throws out, but credit where due, I think the Guidraco is pure genius. I love the idea and will have the animal repainted for my collection.....more of this please !
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

I used to Love CollectA, But now i ran out of Favour of the, because i got my own line to Collect.

However, there Mammals are Great, and i would love it if they made the following

Megloceros

Any Prehistoric Bear

A New Paracerathrium

A New Mammoth

Mastodon

Arul

Remade the outdated figure, liopleurodon with fluke tail maybe ?

Concavenator

So will this be the thread where we write down our hopes? We have the 2016 Hopes and Dreams.Well,if you ask me these are my hopes for next year:

Supreme:
Microraptor
Yi qi

The rest,more feathered tyrannosaurs,new ceratopsians and more pterosaurs.I would also like a Deinonychus.

postsaurischian

What Would I Like To See From CollectA In 2016?

Well, first of all: Better paintjobs, man, better paintjobs!!!!

triceratops83

I don't buy into the spiky Triceratops, but a figure done in this style would still be cool and different. Collecta needs to update their Triceratops regardless.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Paleona

Going along with their "corpse" series, I think it would be interesting if they turned the tables and made a theropod corpse, instead of another herbivore.   8)

I still really need to pick up their Olorotitan and deluxe Para, but I would love to see some more hadrosaurs. :)  Maybe a big Shantungosaurus? 

SBell

I have been on Anthony's  case for years, trying to get them to do some smaller aquatic animals (perhaps on bases) to go with the larger marine reptiles that they've made--prehistoric sharks and Xiphactinus of course, but also smaller ones like belemnites, ammonites, or smaller fish like Enchodus, Sauricthys or Lepidotes (small, of course, being relative).

To say nothing of larger fish that I, personally, 'need'. Like Mawsonia, or Onchopristis, or Lepidotes, or Bawitius (everyone should make a Bawitius). Ideally, these could be to scale with the new Spinosaurus figures (either the deluxe or standard).

suspsy

I'm surprised none of the new Spinosaurus figures come with a fish gripped in the mouth.

As far as a dead theropod goes, I've suggested to CollectA a Mapusaurus based on the unfortunate individual at the end of this clip from Planet Dinosaur:

http://youtu.be/CpaZkVqQAFA

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on July 27, 2015, 06:09:24 PM
I have been on Anthony's  case for years, trying to get them to do some smaller aquatic animals (perhaps on bases) to go with the larger marine reptiles that they've made--prehistoric sharks and Xiphactinus of course, but also smaller ones like belemnites, ammonites, or smaller fish like Enchodus, Sauricthys or Lepidotes (small, of course, being relative).

To say nothing of larger fish that I, personally, 'need'. Like Mawsonia, or Onchopristis, or Lepidotes, or Bawitius (everyone should make a Bawitius). Ideally, these could be to scale with the new Spinosaurus figures (either the deluxe or standard).

With you all the way on this one. Something big like Bawitius as a stand-alone, smaller fishes as maybe little schools (I'm thinking like the aquatic version of the Koreaceratops mini-diorama).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleona

Quote from: suspsy on July 27, 2015, 09:15:02 PM
As far as a dead theropod goes, I've suggested to CollectA a Mapusaurus based on the unfortunate individual at the end of this clip from Planet Dinosaur:

I've been watching a few of those Planet Dinosaur episodes, but I must have missed that one!  Pretty brutal.  Yes, that's the sort of thing I had in mind, though.  As far as I know, there aren't any theropod corpse models (unless there's a large desktop model or statue?), so CollectA would be doing something new.

suspsy

Quote from: Paleona on July 28, 2015, 01:57:19 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 27, 2015, 09:15:02 PM

I've been watching a few of those Planet Dinosaur episodes, but I must have missed that one!  Pretty brutal.  Yes, that's the sort of thing I had in mind, though.  As far as I know, there aren't any theropod corpse models (unless there's a large desktop model or statue?), so CollectA would be doing something new.

I don't know of any existing figures like that either.

What I like about the Crushed Mapusaurus idea is that it's similar but different. A deceased T. rex with multiple horn wounds in its belly would probably be just like the Dead Triceratops and the Stegosaurus Corpse, with lots of blood and guts spilling out. Whereas a Mapusaurus with a couple of giant footprints in its body and chunks of broken bone sticking out would be more unique.

Patrx

Yikes, gruesome suggestion! But who knows, they might do it.

CollectA's getting a bit of a reputation for representing obscure taxa, which is excellent - especially when it comes to smaller animals that tend to get overlooked. I'd be delighted to see a large-scale heterodontosaur, or a compsognathid, maybe. On the less-obscure side, though, we still don't have a really good, modern Velociraptor, despite its fame. I bet CollectA could get it right! Although they still seem to render every feathery dinosaur with a great big mohawk, which is a little strange  :o

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 28, 2015, 12:50:44 AM

With you all the way on this one. Something big like Bawitius as a stand-alone, smaller fishes as maybe little schools (I'm thinking like the aquatic version of the Koreaceratops mini-diorama).

That's exactly what I suggested. We'll see. I think even larger fish would benefit from bases that allows them to 'swim'. Of course, this would also go for the marine reptiles and flying animals!

terrorchicken

I dont know if I mentioned it in this thread already(or one of the other Collecta ones- Im too lazy to look) but why haven't they made a carnotaurus yet?

also Id love a ostrich mimic other than gallimimus...

and of course more prehistoric mammals pleeease!

Fluffysaurus

That would be
Pterosaurs
Anurognathus
Pteranodon
Pterodaustro
Dsungaripterus
Quetzalcoatlus
Anhanguera
Nyctosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus
Sinopterus
Tapejara

the early days
Ichtyostega
Diplocaulus
Eryops
Microbrachis
Platyhystrix
Captorhinus
Elginia
Scutosaurus
Coelurosauravus
Dimetrodon
Tertraceratops
Titanosuchus
Theriognathus
Lyceanops
Procynosuchus
Diictodon

Flying Diapsids
Longisquama
Hypuronector
Icarosaurus

Carnivores
Dilophosaurus
Compsonathus
Ornitholestes
Caudipteryx
Sinorithosaurus

Feathered flyers
Archeaopteryx
Microraptor

Therizinosaurs
Therizinosaurus
Segnosaurus
Nothronychus
Neimongosaurus

Ducklings
Tsintaosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Paurosaurolophus
Olorotitan
Maiasaura with nest

Bumpers and prickles
Homalocephale
Hanssuesia
Pachycephalosaurus
Stymoloch
Microceratops
Protoceratops
Diabloceratops
Ankylosaurus

Not into the tall grassers
Bambiraptor
Pyroraptor
Velociraptor vs protoceratops

Random group
Chilesaurus
Regaliceratops
Yi qi
Troodon
Gallimimus
Titanoboa
Moa
Zhenyuanlong
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on July 28, 2015, 05:01:39 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 28, 2015, 12:50:44 AM

That's exactly what I suggested. We'll see. I think even larger fish would benefit from bases that allows them to 'swim'. Of course, this would also go for the marine reptiles and flying animals!
So one thing that strikes me about CollectA is that, while they have a very broad range, in some ways it is pretty narrow. They have a Cenozoic selection that's all mammals except one bird. And they have a Mesozoic selection that's entirely--every single one--composed of diapsids. They have nothing Paleozoic at all. I'm not sure if that's just because they think only reptiles sell, or Beeson (and/or other consultants?) is unwilling to transgress the boundaries of his expertise, or what. But I would love to see the same breadth, and the same willingness to try out never-before-done species, applied to non-diapsids.

@Troodon: they've done several of those! Some of them quite well. I think their Quetzalcoatlus and Pachycephalosaurus are very good, for example (Dilophosaurus, less so). Do you think they all need to be redone?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fluffysaurus

Despite i am very fond of Pterosaurs i would love to see another take on quetzalcoatlus, i Find it a little cartoon like. Pachy is nice, but would love to see more of the species. Younger ones. The Dilophosaurus absolutley needs a newer version. It looks like it is ah never mind what it looks like. I would love to see another take on that as Well.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: