News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fukuiraptor and Fukuisaurus by Favorite?

Started by RobinGoodfellow, August 07, 2015, 02:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Hello guys,

Browsing the web, I found a couple of figures I did not know they exist.
I saw many pictures about exclusive Fukuiraptor and Fukuisaurus  edition by Kaiyodo.
But I don't know that also Favorite made that figures.   :o
Here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/20184228149/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/19748189514/in/dateposted-public/

I bought them immediately. ::)
But  do you know anything about them?
I find them on Ebay as "Fukui Prefectural Museum Exclusive"...   ???

Halichoeres

There was a brief kerfuffle in the Classifieds board about them while you were on vacation. They seem to be new, and yes, exclusive to the museum. I think they are a modest improvement on the Kaiyodo figures (for example, Fukuiraptor's forelimbs are more naturally positioned).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 07, 2015, 02:34:53 PM
There was a brief kerfuffle in the Classifieds board about them while you were on vacation. They seem to be new, and yes, exclusive to the museum. I think they are a modest improvement on the Kaiyodo figures (for example, Fukuiraptor's forelimbs are more naturally positioned).

Thank you. I missed that discussion.
I don't have the Kaiyodo originals and I saw only pictures about  them.
But I think that Kaiyodo were superior too.
When Favorites will arrive, I'll post some pictures...
Thanks  :)

Georassic

I, and presumably a few other DTF members, ordered the Favorite Fukuis through Brett. I'm excited to get mine.

Invicta Hunter

I bought my two from someone else, how much did you pay for yours?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on August 07, 2015, 08:20:02 PM

I made a big order on Ebay: Favorite Anomalocaris, Dunkleosteus, Smilodon, Mammoth, Giant Squid, Fukuiraptor and Fukuisaurus + Real Series  resin Tarbosaurus (with and without feathers).
I paid  the Fukuis 27,50  Euro each.

Georassic

PM'ed you, Invicta.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 07, 2015, 10:20:16 PM

I made a big order on Ebay: Favorite Anomalocaris, Dunkleosteus, Smilodon, Mammoth, Giant Squid, Fukuiraptor and Fukuisaurus + Real Series  resin Tarbosaurus (with and without feathers).
I paid  the Fukuis 27,50  Euro each.

Sounds like you had some pretty good buys there and 27.50 each sounds good as well.
Im really enjoying these exhibit exclusives from Favorite, I hope we get more in the future.

Daspletodave

I just got the Fukuisaurus tetoriensis. This is one really good iguanodontid model. Here are some pics:

As you can see, he's a comparable size to his Favorite and Battat brethren. Curiously the name "Favorite Collection" does not appear anywhere on the box, just "Dino Store". There is no belly printing on the figure either, but it does come with a nice base with name plate, and a small skull.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Daspletodave on August 18, 2015, 02:11:17 AM
Curiously the name "Favorite Collection" does not appear anywhere on the box, just "Dino Store".

It only seems so, because it's written in Japanese ;).

Here's the Fukuiraptor kitadaniensis compared to its Kaiyodo ancestor:

DinoLord

Wow, these are nice and big! I know that these are fragmentary species, but does anyone have a rough idea as to these figures' scale?

RobinGoodfellow

Really nice pictures, Daspletodave  :)

Fukuiraptor

The name "Favorite" is printed in Japanese, at the middle bottom of the box.

Halichoeres

Quote from: DinoLord on August 18, 2015, 04:43:50 PM
Wow, these are nice and big! I know that these are fragmentary species, but does anyone have a rough idea as to these figures' scale?

They're about 1:20!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleogene Pals

Whoa! If the Fukuiraptor is about 1:20, I might seriously consider getting it!

postsaurischian

Yes, both figures are about 1:20.
Here's the Fukuisaurus next to Kaiyodo's version made for the same museum:

Paleogene Pals

Wow! They both look really good, aside from the shiny paint. I'll have to make arrangements to acquire them after I get back from traveling.

Takama

I love and hate the Fukisaurus.   I was going to commission Brandem to make one some day and this is the pose i would of chose.     Now that this model exists i will have to rethink my ideas.

Paleogene Pals

Takama, I think you can still proceed with your plan. This one is 1:20 scale, and your line is 1:30 to 1:50, I believe. There can be both a larger-scale and smaller-scale model of Fukisaurus.

terrorchicken

would love to get this and the concavenator/pelecanimimus set but I can only ifnd them on Ebay and the price is a bit high. :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: