News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Most Wanted Dino-Model

Started by RobinGoodfellow, September 02, 2015, 10:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

I have a question for you.
Is there one (or more) dino-model that you've been searching for years without finding ?
Not the models that you don't have yet but you can buy easily: only the dinos that you've been searching but you don't find.
What is your most wanted dino-figurine?

On my top list there are 2 models:   Bullyland Batrachotomus and Favorite Saurolophus ( http://dinotoyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/img_1112.jpg  and   http://copper.suntuubi.com/datafiles/userfiles/Image/saurolophus-favorite.jpg  ).

This summer I was lucky; I found some rarities that I'll show you as soon as possible....   8)

P.S.  Toyway WWD Ornithocheirus is OUT of the game because is REALLY impossible to find....  :'(

Uroplatus

It hasn't been years but the Bullyland Liliensternus and the Safari DoC Mamenchisaurus seem pretty hard to get hold of for me.
Also the Dawn of the Dinosaurs museum set is proving to be a though one.

I knew of one Favorite Saurolophus but i also knew someone that needed it harder than me so i gave up it's location, it has now been shown here in the past week or so. ;)
I also searched a long time for the Batrachotomus and the Edaphosaurus by Bullyland but in the past month i managed to locate a Batrachotomus on a German classifieds site and got it with the help of a fellow forum member.., and on the same site i found 3 Edaphosaurus figures, all of them for a bargain.
Got lucky i guess. :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Uroplatus on September 02, 2015, 10:56:33 AM
It hasn't been years but the Bullyland Liliensternus and the Safari DoC Mamenchisaurus seem pretty hard to get hold of for me.
Also the Dawn of the Dinosaurs museum set is proving to be a though one.

I knew of one Favorite Saurolophus but i also knew someone that needed it harder than me so i gave up it's location, it has now been shown here in the past week or so. ;)
I also searched a long time for the Batrachotomus and the Edaphosaurus by Bullyland but in the past month i managed to locate a Batrachotomus on a German classifieds site and got it with the help of a fellow forum member.., and on the same site i found 3 Edaphosaurus figures, all of them for a bargain.
Got lucky i guess. :)

Safari DoC Mamenchisaurus and Bullyland Edaphosaurus are a part of the hard-to-find models that I bought this summer...
I found also Papo Steppe Mammoth, Toyway WWD Liopleurodon, AAA Smilodon ( the small version ), some Starlux and Invicta (in mint conditions).
I was lucky too....    ^-^
The pictures will follow  ;)

Halichoeres

The Dawn of the Dinosaurs set. I've only found six of them so far (and four are skeletons, which I'm not even sure I want).

I recently found the Saurolophus (coincidence? ;) ) and the WWD Ophthalmosaurus, which are probably the ones that I expected to be the most difficult.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Georassic

I've got a short list of "can't find'ems" myself:
Favorite Saurolophus and Tarbosaurus
Bullyland Batrachotomus and Edaphosaurus. Uroplatus, are you willing to sell or trade one of your Edaphosaurus?
All of the Playvisions amphibians
Dawn of the Dinosaurs series (minus the skeletons)

I'm willing to buy, if anyone has them and is willing to sell!

Roselaar

Quote from: Georassic on September 02, 2015, 02:42:56 PM

I might be able to help you out there a bit, check my Classifieds Thread. ;)

For me, the ones I'm currently most on the lookout for are the Bullyland Edaphosaurus, the Kaiyodo Meganeura and the older Battats I still need. Most other 'must have' items I've managed to cross off my list by now.

tyrantqueen

At the moment I don't have one. I've achieved a lot of my "holy grails" but eventually sold them off. Maybe I haven't found my true grail figure yet.

As Spock said, "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 02, 2015, 03:47:45 PM
At the moment I don't have one. I've achieved a lot of my "holy grails" but eventually sold them off. Maybe I haven't found my true grail figure yet.

As Spock said, "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Very nice  :)

Andreioli

Hello.

The Bullyland Edaphosaurus and Favourite Saurolophus are also on my most wanted list.
If anyone is selling, I'm interested.

Thank you .

SpittersForEver

For me it was the WWD Toyway Ophthalmosaurus....Until today  ;)

Halichoeres

Particularly true with significant others, amirite?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleona

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 02, 2015, 07:34:12 PM

That's a pretty relatable quote, but no, I don't find it applies to significant others, at least not for me.  Sounds like you haven't found your "one", Halichoeres!

Back on topic- I don't think I've got any "grail" dinos on my list yet.  There are so many easily acquired ones on my wish list already, haha.
Funny you should mention the Favorite Saurolophus, though- I actually just learned that existed the other day from another member's post and immediately wanted it, haha.  Kind of disappointed to find out how highly sought after it is!  :'(

postsaurischian

The SEGA Prize Amargasaurus is the last one on my list and it seems that I won it tonight for a bargain (I can't read Japanese, so I'm still not 100% sure, gotta wait for Brett's confirmation). I now have every figure and model that I've ever wanted and could stop collecting :o, but I won't because there will be new releases and I'm pretty sure there are still some I'm not aware of ;D.

I bought about 10 Favorite Saurolophus figures - they're all sold, traded or given away now. Maybe I should have bought more. I knew that it would be a highly sought after figure, it's one of the very best ornithopod models and it's in 1:40.

I disagree with Spock. To me there's no better collector's feeling than finally holding something in your hands that you've been longing for for a long time :).

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Paleona on September 02, 2015, 08:35:54 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 02, 2015, 07:34:12 PM

That's a pretty relatable quote, but no, I don't find it applies to significant others, at least not for me.  Sounds like you haven't found your "one", Halichoeres!

Back on topic- I don't think I've got any "grail" dinos on my list yet.  There are so many easily acquired ones on my wish list already, haha.
Funny you should mention the Favorite Saurolophus, though- I actually just learned that existed the other day from another member's post and immediately wanted it, haha.  Kind of disappointed to find out how highly sought after it is!  :'(

UHA Saurolophus is more common to find than the Favorite (  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UHA-Collect-Club-Ancient-Animals-Saurolophus-dinosaur-Reptile-figure-RARE-/200770092045?hash=item2ebed47c0d ). But a little bit expensive..... :(

Simon

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 02, 2015, 08:46:18 PM
The SEGA Prize Amargasaurus is the last one on my list and it seems that I won it tonight for a bargain (I can't read Japanese, so I'm still not 100% sure, gotta wait for Brett's confirmation). I now have every figure and model that I've ever wanted and could stop collecting :o, but I won't because there will be new releases and I'm pretty sure there are still some I'm not aware of ;D.

I bought about 10 Favorite Saurolophus figures - they're all sold, traded or given away now. Maybe I should have bought more. I knew that it would be a highly sought after figure, it's one of the very best ornithischian models and it's in 1:40.

I disagree with Spock. To me there's no better collector's feeling than finally holding something in your hands that you've been longing for for a long time :).

I think its largely a matter of personality.  Restless types will eventually get tired of looking at a model, even a "grail model".  Trust me.  I know.   ;)

But that actually works to the advantage of other collectors, because eventually I made my collection available to other collectors .... call it the "Circle of Collecting", I guess ....

BTW, Congratulations on that Sega Amargasaurus!!  Although sauropods were never my "grail models", that is one of the best vinyl models I have ever seen.  Having owned it, I know of what I speak....

RobinGoodfellow

..probably the Favorite Tamba Sauropod ( http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/06/10/tamba-sauropod-soft-model-by-favorite-co-ltd/ ) is hard to find the same way as Favorite Saurolophus.
But it is a boring model....  :-\

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 02, 2015, 09:22:34 PM
..probably the Favorite Tamba Sauropod ( http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/06/10/tamba-sauropod-soft-model-by-favorite-co-ltd/ ) is hard to find the same way as Favorite Saurolophus.

^-^ I wouldn't say so ...

... and it's not as hard to find as the Saurolophus. I guess it's still available at the museum in Tamba City.

Uroplatus

Quote from: Georassic on September 02, 2015, 02:42:56 PM
I've got a short list of "can't find'ems" myself:
Favorite Saurolophus and Tarbosaurus
Bullyland Batrachotomus and Edaphosaurus. Uroplatus, are you willing to sell or trade one of your Edaphosaurus?
Dawn of the Dinosaurs series (minus the skeletons)

I'm willing to buy, if anyone has them and is willing to sell!

Well, i already traded one of them.
I might consider to give up the other spare i have as well but it will be for trade only , i also still need to figure out which models i want to trade it with though.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 02, 2015, 09:36:45 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 02, 2015, 09:22:34 PM

^-^ I wouldn't say so ...

... and it's not as hard to find as the Saurolophus. I guess it's still available at the museum in Tamba City.

Your customization is very nice ( Is it from Copper, right ?).
But the original paint work is quite dull to me...

Have a nice day

Gwangi

It was once the Battat Tyrannosaurus, but not any longer.  ^-^ And it was also once the Sega Tyrannosaurus, but then I picked up that one last year. I can think of quite a few I still want though, including many that are listed here. Basically every museum exclusive by favorite except the Tamba sauropod (I have it) as well as a few Bullyland models, chiefly yes, the Edaphosaurus. The Battat Diplodocus is too but hopefully not much longer. The Kaiyodo Dinoland Allosaurus. The list goes on. There are also a few grail models for me that are still fairly easy to get, I just have not forked over the cash yet. The Kenner Thrasher and Bull T. rexes and the Kenner med. center Allosaurus all come to mind. Quite a few Invicta models too; Memenchisaurus, Apatosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Troodon and Dimetrodon. I think those are all I need to finish that collection off.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: