News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteAlso, I have tried to find a Dimetrodon for a while, but I came up with nothing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
If you want one, be prepared to spend a bit more money than usual. They're a bit rarer than other models in the line.

Invicta Hunter

There was some one selling them on ebay.co.uk not long ago for 4.99 each but i just checked and they have sold out. But if you contact the seller they might still have some.
Give it ago, you never know.

FUTABA

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 21, 2013, 06:31:23 PM
Here's some photos showing the difference between the three non painted Invicta Plesiosaur. On the left is the metallic blue then there's the lighter blue and at the far right is the darker blue which is the oldest type. The older type is made from a harder resin like plastic and weighs more. It also has an A at the beginning of it's name.

[/

Sweet. The one I have is the dark blue one with "A plesiosaur" on the underside. I knew about the metallic version but not the lighter shade, and I always assumed they all had the 'a' printed on them. Thanks for the info.
I really really like blue things.

Invicta Hunter

I got another colour variant today, it's a white/clear Trex. It's kind of hard to see it in the photo but it also has a pinky colour to it as well. It's a lot like the white/clear Dimetrodon i posted about before.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

UK

Same seller as the cream lambeosaurus Jim. She lives not far from the factory in Leicester.

I knew you would get it, I nearly did but you're the Invicta Hunter after all.

Invicta Hunter

I think i bought my black brachio from her as well.

UK

She gets them on car boot sales and gumtree.

Keep an eye on gumtree Leicester mate.

Invicta Hunter

Will do, fingers crossed i find something cool.

bigbear

In case you guys haven't noticed it, there is a seller on ebay right now selling Invicta dimetrodons at £4.99 or so. He has a load of them...

bigbear

Oops! Forgot:

Ebay item no. 221288205637 for the dimetrodons..

Invicta Hunter

Yeah i saw those, and to think they were selling for around £45 a year or two ago.

bigbear

I've bought another dimetrodon to add to my herd, as I couldn't resist the price! The seller must have found a trade box, I guess?

FUTABA

Going to have to snap one up. Simply because they are cheap and the compulsive collector in me can't resist edging ever closer to completing my Invicta set.

Thanks for the heads up bigbear.
I really really like blue things.

Raptoress

Am I the only one here that doesn't like the Invicta line? I appreciate that they were good for their time, but personally I think they look un-detailed and tacky.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on November 10, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
Am I the only one here that doesn't like the Invicta line? I appreciate that they were good for their time, but personally I think they look un-detailed and tacky.
Well, no, you're not. I don't care for them either. I do like retro dinosaurs, but the Invictas just don't do anything for me.

I think I would like them more if they weren't monochrome for a start. I think the monochrome colour scheme really dates them (that can be a good or bad thing, I suppose). And if they were made of a different plastic, that allowed for more detail and was less slippery/glossy/waxy.

Raptoress

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 10, 2013, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: Aliciaraptor on November 10, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
Well, no, you're not. I don't care for them either. I do like retro dinosaurs, but the Invictas just don't do anything for me.

I think I would like them more if they weren't monochrome for a start. I think the monochrome colour scheme really dates them (that can be a good or bad thing, I suppose). And if they were made of a different plastic, that allowed for more detail and was less slippery/glossy/waxy.

I'm glad it's not just me then. I think you pretty much nailed it there. The monochrome colour scheme is just really unappealing to me. For figures that are supposed to have been 'museum quality', I'd expect to see at least somewhat of a paint job. And I agree about the plastic.

postsaurischian

....... and still most Invictas are more accurate than for example CollectA's Dinosaurs which are being produced 30 years later ;D.

This alone says a lot about them ;).

Raptoress

That doesn't change the fact that I don't like their style. I'm the kind of person who'd rather have an inaccurate, aesthetically good quality figure than an accurate poor quality figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: