News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 17, 2013, 01:19:07 PM
Thanks Jetoar, i think the Dimetrodon is one of the best in the Invicta line so to find another variant has really made my week.

Dimetrodon and Lambeosaurus were tha last figures of Invicta that I have bought  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Invicta Hunter

Those are the two rarest ones to get and definitely to of the best looking.

Everything_Dinosaur

It's a great pic, brings back some happy memories.  Does anyone have a picture of the packaging from the box set, which we think was the last production run, it came out in the early 2000s (we think).

Seijun

Is the clear dimetro soft rubber like the painted invictas?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Invicta Hunter

Yeah it is, it seems that all of my colour variants are made from a softer plastic except for my dark red Dimetrodon and my black Stegosaurus. Those two are just made out of the normal hard plastic.

Libraraptor

Thanks Jetoar, i think the Dimetrodon is one of the best in the Invicta line so to find another variant has really made my week.

Congrats on that one! Can´t take my eyes off it!

Ikessauro

Man, where are these variants coming from ??????

I've already seen black brachio, and heard of a black stego and if I'm not mistaken I've heard of a black lambeo too. Yellow lambeosaurus, your orange and clear dimetrodons. There's green stegosaurus, those white ones too. I'm never gonna have them all....  :(

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 18, 2013, 09:43:43 PM

Congrats on that one! Can´t take my eyes off it!

Thanks, yeah i cant stop looking at it either lol.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 18, 2013, 10:19:57 PM
Man, where are these variants coming from ??????

I've already seen black brachio, and heard of a black stego and if I'm not mistaken I've heard of a black lambeo too. Yellow lambeosaurus, your orange and clear dimetrodons. There's green stegosaurus, those white ones too. I'm never gonna have them all....  :(

There seems to be a lot of variants out there it's just finding them is the hard thing. Again the person who sold me this figure lived in Leicester so maybe these variants were only sold locally. I've got eight variants not including the dark green stego and the white paint your own set. The ones i have are 2 black brachios, 1 black stego, 1 yellow lambeo, 1 bright green stego, 1 dark orange dimetrodon, 1 clear/white dimetrodon and 1 dark green iguano.

Invicta Hunter

No, that's just a normal stego that's had a bit too much sun and has been faded.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on July 20, 2013, 12:17:50 AM
No, that's just a normal stego that's had a bit too much sun and has been faded.
Guess some people will do anything to get money, even if it's dishonest :(

Pachyrhinosaurus

I am really looking forward to buying my first Invicta (hopefully the tyrannosaurus). Its a shame these aren't in production any longer.

Quote from: Takama on April 07, 2013, 03:05:04 AM
Ok, A member on another forum has posted some pics of a Safari Catalog from 1990.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/SUSANNE58/Safari/Safari%20catalogue1990/p2_zps9378b6f3.jpg
*Off topic, I know, but just a warning- When I clicked on the link, a fake error message from MS Security essentials popped up and said I had a virus, however, nothing came up so far on the real thing.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Invicta Hunter

Here's some photos showing the difference between the three non painted Invicta Plesiosaur. On the left is the metallic blue then there's the lighter blue and at the far right is the darker blue which is the oldest type. The older type is made from a harder resin like plastic and weighs more. It also has an A at the beginning of it's name.

[/

Seijun

That's cool, I never know about the "a plesiosaur" One of mine is definitely thje "no a" version, but my two boxed plesiosaurs have a faint and mostly-smudged out "a". Not clear like yous.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

I'm not an Invicta fan, but it's interesting (IMO) to see little differences between figures.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Seijun on September 21, 2013, 09:16:47 PM
That's cool, I never know about the "a plesiosaur" One of mine is definitely thje "no a" version, but my two boxed plesiosaurs have a faint and mostly-smudged out "a". Not clear like yous.

I've had loads of these figures before and all of them had the A smudged out so im really happy to have found one finally. I think Invicta must have seen the mistake early on and corrected it, that must be why they're hard to come by.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 21, 2013, 10:04:30 PM
I'm not an Invicta fan, but it's interesting (IMO) to see little differences between figures.

I really enjoy finding ones with differences, it brings the old set back to life for me and i learn something new about it.
Just wondering, why don't you like the Invicta set that much?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 22, 2013, 12:18:40 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 21, 2013, 10:04:30 PM

I really enjoy finding ones with differences, it brings the old set back to life for me and i learn something new about it.
Just wondering, why don't you like the Invicta set that much?
It's hard to put my finger on...I guess it's just the sculpting style. I won't go into a huge rant since I don't want to upset any Invicta fans. There are a couple I do like, such as the Dimetrodon, Lambeosaurus and Liopleurodon.

I know they're well sculpted but they just don't do anything for me as a collector :-\ But then again I am extremely picky.

Balaur

Little late for the party here.

Some of these figures are a little weird, but I actually like most of them. For some reason I really like the Iguanodon, despite its inaccuracy.

Along with the Iguanodon, I really like the Dimetrodon and the Liopleurodon, and a few more.

Also, I have tried to find a Dimetrodon for a while, but I came up with nothing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: