News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

I don't have any spares of the painted ones - sorry about that.

Pinkamena

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 10, 2014, 12:17:13 AM
No need to play up the child card here. Pretty sure everyone of us plays from time to time.

Glad I'm not alone :D

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 10, 2014, 04:09:18 AM
A year or two ago i bought 120 plus new Mamenchisaurus figures.
I think i bought them from a bailiff company.
I should really sell them on now, anyone interested?

*waves hand* I don't have that one yet. And out of interest do you have a pic of your Mamenchisaurus army? I would love to see that!

This morning, my dog ate my Glyptodon  :'( Made me very sad indeed. I loved that glyptodon...
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Invicta Hunter

Here's a photo of the first lot i bought. The others are boxed up and it takes a lot of time to get them out and arrange them so i'll leave it for now. When i have some free time i'll take a photo of them all together.

tyrantqueen

Something's gotten their attention >:D

Roselaar

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

0thebigwytec5

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 10, 2014, 09:09:43 PM
They are moving in herds...
They do move in herds

Pinkamena

Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 10, 2014, 12:17:13 AM
No need to play up the child card here. Pretty sure everyone of us plays from time to time.

;D  Definitely not!

CityRaptor

Okay, then let's call it: "Test the best way to display them together" instead. ;)

Quote from: 0thebigwytec5 on November 10, 2014, 09:33:29 PM
They do move in herds

Has been a while since I saw JP in English...
Oh no

0thebigwytec5

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 11, 2014, 12:33:32 PM
Quote from: 0thebigwytec5 on November 10, 2014, 09:33:29 PM
They do move in herds

Has been a while since I saw JP in English...

Hehehe,

I just added to your quote. Grant says both :)

Grant: They're moving in herds. They do move in herds.

Libraraptor

So many memories I have with the Invictas. The Mamenchisaurus was a Christmas gift from my sister back in 1993!
It´s pretty cool to see Invictas having fans. And I am also dreaming of a re-release or even new figures!

Invicta Hunter

Has anyone tried suggesting a reissuing of the line to the British museum or Invicta?

CityRaptor

Not as far as I know. One could probably bring up the fact that others are doing it as well.

Quote from: 0thebigwytec5 on November 11, 2014, 12:38:36 PM
Hehehe,

I just added to your quote. Grant says both :)

Grant: They're moving in herds. They do move in herds.

Oh, yes. Thanks.
Oh no

JohannesB

I hope to complete my Invicta model series (I have only the unpainted ones, and only one of each) within a few weeks, when I will recieve the Blue Whale.

For now I would like to leave you with a photograph of the man who defined the look of these iconic models (whether you love 'em or not): Arthur Hayward.

tyrantqueen

Speaking of Arthur Hayward, this video is really cool. His work is gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_oBI385qSE

I would love to own or make a latex puppet like the one in the video. It would be so much fun to use for dioramas.

UK

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 10, 2014, 08:46:36 PM
Here's a photo of the first lot i bought. The others are boxed up and it takes a lot of time to get them out and arrange them so i'll leave it for now. When i have some free time i'll take a photo of them all together.

Happy Christmas Jim, long time no speak.

The mamenchisaurus herd look great but the Astro Wars brings back great memories.

Paleogene Pals

Love the brief glimpse of a Dalek at the end of that video.  I know what I want to be when I grow up, Arthur Hayward!

triceratops83

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 11, 2014, 08:25:57 PM
Has anyone tried suggesting a reissuing of the line to the British museum or Invicta?

As awesome as that would be, a look at their gift shop indicates they're not much interested in quality figures. If it does happen, I hope they stick to the monochrome nature of their figures, and I like the plastic used, but I hope they strengthen it, many Invictas are disfigured by scuffs.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: