News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkamena

Just been re-visiting this thread. Love everyones pics, would be awesome to see some more please.

Those carded one are brilliant, not seen them before.
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Takama

Ok So the Troodon ins in 1:10 Scale, So how many times bigger is that from the rest of the line?

Viking Spawn

Wow!  This thread sure brings back memories!  I used to have a lot of these.  I just wish I knew whatever became of them all.  :(

Invicta Hunter

These are my gold leaf set used for display in the Earls Court toy exhibition in 1988.

stoneage

:)  Really nice set.  Did they make all of the figures in the Gold Plate?  (T-rex, Glyptodon , Mamenchisaurus)

Invicta Hunter

Thanks  :)
I think the others were included in the set but they had gone walkabout by the time i bought them.

ItsTwentyBelow

WOW! That is an excellent set!

I've never seen or heard of this before, is the set one of a kind? Thanks for sharing  ^-^

Takama

I just saw these mentioned in a article from one of the Back issues of Prehistoric Times

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on June 15, 2016, 02:26:10 AM
WOW! That is an excellent set!

I've never seen or heard of this before, is the set one of a kind? Thanks for sharing  ^-^

As far as i know it's the only one of it's kind.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Takama on June 15, 2016, 02:29:32 AM
I just saw these mentioned in a article from one of the Back issues of Prehistoric Times

Your right they were in one of the back issues.
I also got some of my other Invicta figures in the latest one as well.

CityRaptor

Oooh, so shiny. Now, this is how you do golden special versions.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 15, 2016, 11:25:28 AM
Oooh, so shiny. Now, this is how you do golden special versions.
True, true. And this is not how you make golden special versions (in my opinion)

Silvanusaurus

Wow, those really do the term 'holy grail' justice... are they still solid plastic underneath the gold leaf or totally metal?

Invicta Hunter

Their just normal plastic underneath. I know this might be boring to some people but i still like them because their a little piece of Invicta history. They do have holes drilled into their undersides, i think it's because they were mounted on a display stand or something like that.

Roselaar

Wow, those golden Invictasaurs look superb! Especially the marine animals. :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

That's an impressive set! Congrats on your recent acquisition. It's hard enough for me to find the normal ones sometimes.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Roselaar on June 15, 2016, 04:30:38 PM
Wow, those golden Invictasaurs look superb! Especially the marine animals. :)

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 15, 2016, 05:18:52 PM
That's an impressive set! Congrats on your recent acquisition. It's hard enough for me to find the normal ones sometimes.

Thanks guys  :)

terrorchicken

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on June 14, 2016, 11:56:56 PM
These are my gold leaf set used for display in the Earls Court toy exhibition in 1988.

very cool! I keep picturing that you can unwrap them to reveal they are actually chocolate!  ;D

Takama

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 17, 2016, 06:15:28 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on June 14, 2016, 11:56:56 PM

very cool! I keep picturing that you can unwrap them to reveal they are actually chocolate!  ;D

There do exsist chocolate Invicta models. Though they are tiecnically bootlegs of the plastic ones

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on June 17, 2016, 07:39:12 PM

There do exsist chocolate Invicta models. Though they are tiecnically bootlegs of the plastic ones

For real?! Oh, now I just have to see some pictures of those... ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: