News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: UK on December 26, 2014, 08:27:52 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 10, 2014, 08:46:36 PM
Here's a photo of the first lot i bought. The others are boxed up and it takes a lot of time to get them out and arrange them so i'll leave it for now. When i have some free time i'll take a photo of them all together.

Happy Christmas Jim, long time no speak.

The mamenchisaurus herd look great but the Astro Wars brings back great memories.

Yep you gotta love retro gaming as well as dinosaurs. ;D

Invicta Hunter

This painted Muttaburrasaurus i got today is a different colour than normal ones. I think it's most likely a colour fade but how could the normal paint colour which is brown change to blue. Surely it would just fade to a lighter brown and then maybe grey.

Roselaar

Oh great, as if the painted Muttaburrasaurus wasn't rare enough. :)

Is the paint scheme the same as the "regular" version? That would sure indicate discolouration.

Invicta Hunter

On the base of it's feet it has brown paint so im guessing it started off the normal colour but then changed over time.
it's just strange that it would turn blue, any idea why it would do this?

Halichoeres

I wonder if the red pigments just degrade more rapidly in intense sunlight, for example.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Interesting variant. Even though it was faded I think its nicer than the original.
Does anyone know if the ichthyosaur originally came with a stand? I've seen pictures of it on the blue whale stand and I wasn't sure if it was actually included.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Invicta Hunter

I've often wondered that myself. I know the first stands had the blue whale info written on the sides but then it was removed and put on the whales fluke. Maybe they did this so the stand could be used for the other figures even though they display perfectly fine without one.

John

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 01, 2015, 02:47:49 AM
Interesting variant. Even though it was faded I think its nicer than the original.
Does anyone know if the ichthyosaur originally came with a stand? I've seen pictures of it on the blue whale stand and I wasn't sure if it was actually included.
The blister packed Ichthyosaurus models at least as early as 1988 did come with the stands. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Roselaar

Perhaps a little redundant, but my originally Liopleurodon at least came with a stand. My Ichthyosaurus did not.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks for the information. So they were sold both with and without stands? I guess I can be a completest either way.
Save Dinoland USA!

stargatedalek

On the topic of the icthyosaurus, I was lucky enough to find one in really good shape at a second hand shop today and I noticed something interesting with its eyes. Is it just me or does it have a small patch (similar to a flashlight fish) behind its eye?

Raptoress

I received my first Invictas in a lot from eBay. But unfortunately both are chewed. The Triceratops had a chewed tail, which I've trimmed down and looks almost unnoticeable. The Pteranodon is the worst off. Chewed wings and beak. :( Was so disappointed. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

0thebigwytec5

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 01, 2015, 02:47:49 AMDoes anyone know if the ichthyosaur originally came with a stand? I've seen pictures of it on the blue whale stand and I wasn't sure if it was actually included.

Here were the carded figures I owned. Hope this helps:

Roselaar

I'm pretty sure they were sold both with and without stands. They weren't all sold carded or in bags. Mine came from the British Museum (early Nineties), where each figure was just thrown in a box loose in large quantities. I'm not sure how they sold the stands, putting them together with whatever marine creature or also in their own cubicle.

Raptoress

Look what I found at a car boot sale for 50p! I'm so happy!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Raptoress on May 30, 2015, 02:55:57 PM
Look what I found at a car boot sale for 50p! I'm so happy!

Lucky! In the  background I spy WWD Utahraptor, AAA or Safari Stego - and what´s the one on the left? Painted Invicta Cetiosaurus?!

Raptoress

It is indeed the WWD Utahraptor. The Stegosaurus is the Safari Ltd/Carnegie model from 1988. And yes, that's a painted Invicta Cetiosaurus! :D

Pachyrhinosaurus

Good catch! Flea markets around me never have anything like that.
Also thanks for the card pictures-- I didn't see them until now.
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Can anyone say what Scale the Troodon was in?   I know it is not to Scale with the Rest of the line, makeing it a one off in the Collection.

I want to do something simalr with a Yi in a secret project i have in the works, and i wonderd how much bigger in scale the Troodon is when compared to the rest of the 1:45 dinosaurs

Libraraptor

Quote from: Takama on November 06, 2015, 04:01:58 AM
Can anyone say what Scale the Troodon was in?   I know it is not to Scale with the Rest of the line, makeing it a one off in the Collection.

I want to do something simalr with a Yi in a secret project i have in the works, and i wonderd how much bigger in scale the Troodon is when compared to the rest of the 1:45 dinosaurs

Troodon is about 1:10 scale.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: