News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2015 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2015, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to ten [10] dioramas

1. Velociraptor rampage
19 (9.7%)
2. The Little Red Riding Hood and Mr. Allosaurus
29 (14.8%)
3. Flight or fancy?
7 (3.6%)
4. Jurassic titans
78 (39.8%)
5. Maternal instincts
7 (3.6%)
6. Family of the forest
54 (27.6%)
7. This Triceratops ain't big enough for the both of us
11 (5.6%)
8. Uninvited guests
70 (35.7%)
9. Rearguard action
18 (9.2%)
10. Uphill battle
5 (2.6%)
11. Born to die
21 (10.7%)
12. Beyond coma and despair (countless days without water)
37 (18.9%)
13. Sushi!
14 (7.1%)
14. Something wicked this way comes
8 (4.1%)
15. Strategizing
17 (8.7%)
16. Last of the evening sun
51 (26%)
17. Eat this leaf son and you'll get stronger
4 (2%)
18. Hunting lesson
12 (6.1%)
19. The day Jimi HendRex couldn't find his guitar...
59 (30.1%)
20. Primeval disagreement
20 (10.2%)
21. The callous reaper
11 (5.6%)
22. Forgotten forest
16 (8.2%)
23. Startled by the vacuum cleaner
44 (22.4%)
24. The triumph of the skies
53 (27%)
25. Ferns for breakfast again
72 (36.7%)
26. Bite me!
0 (0%)
27. Ceratopsian scattering!
26 (13.3%)
28. The endgame
8 (4.1%)
29. Hard to swallow buffet
13 (6.6%)
30. Morning meal
4 (2%)
31. Waterhole trap
8 (4.1%)
32. The reckless Troodon
5 (2.6%)
33. Here comes trouble
49 (25%)
34. A southern meal to go
6 (3.1%)
35. Fight or flight
3 (1.5%)
36. Squabble
16 (8.2%)
37. Eye to eye
4 (2%)
38. Through stormy skies
24 (12.2%)
39. Raptors on the hunt
9 (4.6%)
40. Expedition archive photo #21, Central Africa, 1933
46 (23.5%)
41. T-Rex trouble
19 (9.7%)
42. The wild and the innocents
50 (25.5%)
43. Confronting the raging tyrants
4 (2%)
44. Do you tango? - Argentinian scene
16 (8.2%)
45. Sneaking predator
3 (1.5%)
46. King of the hill
10 (5.1%)
47. Blue lagoon
60 (30.6%)
48. Such a peaceful day
2 (1%)
49. Jurassic chaser
14 (7.1%)
50. Cretaceous clifftop call
31 (15.8%)
51. Nothing to me?
2 (1%)
52. Take me with you
42 (21.4%)
53. Triassica - the feast
11 (5.6%)
54. One for the road
19 (9.7%)
55. When hunger strikes you take risks
15 (7.7%)
56. Euh-ohplocephalus
1 (0.5%)
57. His domain/Triassic sunset
31 (15.8%)
58. Catch
20 (10.2%)
59. Please, Ms. Olorotitan. Do not judge a hadrosaur by the size of his crest
9 (4.6%)
60. Gardeners of the river
50 (25.5%)
61. Chinese chain reaction
30 (15.3%)
62. Let's fight!
3 (1.5%)
63. To go up or to go down? That is the cretacic question
8 (4.1%)
64. Terror stalks lakeside
14 (7.1%)
65. Get out of my tree!
6 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Voting closed: October 28, 2015, 06:50:17 PM

Simon

Quote from: Federreptil on October 27, 2015, 06:36:55 PM
Quote from: docronnie on October 27, 2015, 03:19:15 AM
I stopped voting since I felt this is not really a diorama contest. The ones who made real dioramas always loses.

Maybe we should categorize next time,  I just feel that the ones,  who really made dioramas be differentiated from the ones who posed their figures in nature and used some Photoshop.

I was asked by Dr.  Adam to vote,  so I did. Hope I voted for the real dioramas.

I don't think so negative about the effort of doing "real" dioramas. Isn't my 'horrible horn horde', winner of the last year a real diorama? Build on a table in-house without natural surroundings. Or don't count this because it's only a temporary set? I think some diorama-entries of this year could be much more impressive with the right - in most cases - lower angle of view. And this is no point against real dioramas but maybe an advice for their presentation.

Federreptil - in a way the above comment is a compliment to your work - your dios have looked so REAL that its hard to believe they were actually "table top dioramas"!!!

gnetum2015

Hello Members,

I started to send an entry, because I understood it like SUSPSY - I thought to take part at the contest has to do with fun - so many Dinoholics take their dinos and took pictures of them.... great!
So I didn´t ask me, what may be a real diorama. I always had many respekt about the members which build great scenes which are preserved for all the time. But for the contest they might be photografed like a natural schene to appear like an origin scene from triassic or so?
And I think it is also hard to find a right place in nature to get a real good diorama for showing a scene from triassic or so without preservation for all times.
So I think the quality at the end would be what the picture will make with your sense by looking on it? And this has to do with feeling, sense and fun at all.

For me discussions of what would be a right diorama are exhausting.
So next an other person will start a discussion how many mony should be used for building a diorama - you had to see the aspect that there are cheaper dino toys on start and sometimes very expensive art figures. Not everybody could buy this expensive figures. But I think you had seen the last years, that this theme hadn´t influence by voting.
I think the concept as total is the secret to approach or favor the most visitors?

Many greatings and fun to all
Gnetum

DinoToyForum

192 votes so far, maybe we will make it to 200!

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ChubbyTaco

I am very curious to see who is the winner of 2015 contest. :)

Arul

PaleoMatt

Arul

Quote from: TE Matt on October 28, 2015, 05:44:22 PM
7 minutes left!!!

No man...one hour left. Lets vote now

DinoToyForum

20 minutes untill the poll closes! Very last chance for stragglers to vote!

Bokisaurus

Kayakasaurus

Congratulations to the contest entries and the potential winners! A lot of the ones I voted for came out on top, however I would have liked some of my favorites to have come out higher, but that is to be expected when you can vote for multiple entries; it's the ones that are consistently included in the top ten that add up, not necessarily everybody's favorites, you never know.

Thank you to Dr. Admin for having this contest, I've thoroughly enjoyed it! Looking forward to the winners being announced!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

DinoToyForum

Right! I'm happy to report that the winners of the contest are exactly as they appear in the poll. I'll make the formal announcement in a separate thread shortly! Congratulations to all the participants and winners and thanks to everyone who voted - all 197 of us!

In the meantime, feel free to reveal your identities and discuss the dioramas freely!

jooooo

I was 36, i am happy with my 36 votes. :D That's 29th place.

I think i Will make a 'real'  diorama next year year though.

joossa

Congrats to the winners! Looks like first place is Entry #4: Jurassic Titans. That was one of my favorite ones. Definitely gave a sense of size and perspective. Amazing work! My guess is that it was submitted by our member, Carnosaur. Looks like his/her style.
Some of my favorites included: #6: Family of the forest, #60: Gardeners of the river, and #42: The wild and the innocents.

I must say, though, I am quite surprised by the amount of votes and lack of votes some entries got. Not what I was anticipating, especially for some of the entries I thought were just great to not get more than a handful of votes. Guess, that's part of the fun.

My entry was #15: Strategizing:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Mine was no 19 - so close but so far! Oh! Congrats to all the winners!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

DinoToyForum

gnetum2015

Congratulation to the winners!

Two of my three voted favorites ("Family of the forest" and "Uninvited guests") are under the six best.
My third favorite was "Chinese chain reaktion".
My own was "Born to die".
I had a great time and have now many ideas for new dioramas :)

Arul

Congratulations to our big 6 !! Very impresive work everybody my entry is number 12. Beyond coma and despair :D

DinoToyForum

Only two of the entries I voted for ended up in the top six, the spread of votes was very wide this year!

My own entry is Through Stormy Skies, thanks to everyone who voted for it, I was very pleased to receive so many!

Mr. Challenger

Mine was nº 42: The Wild and the innocents. Thanks for these 50 votes guys, I'm glad that you liked my entry.

I've read many comments from people who want separated categories for the contest...and now I need to say that my entry is a real handmade diorama, with one toy figure (Papo carnotaurus) and two little handmade figures (a gasparinisaura pair), and all of these thing were put in a natural environment with natural light. I used the environment just like unfocused background, but I think that works well to integrate all.
Finally, I added motion blur with a free online photo editor.
As you can see, there are a lot of things and techniques in my entry, so...Why settle for one option when you can use them all?  ;)

Congratulations to the winners, I really like Uninvited guests :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: