News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horridus Collection [New Favorite soft models]

Started by Horridus, March 13, 2012, 07:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robustus_

Still a really awesome and inspiring collection. I love little Mount Maniraptor!

brontodocus

Dust on the Shinzen Tyrannosaurus... hmm, was it inspired by the Dromaeosaurus skeletons at the NHM (at least how they looked last year)? ;D Nah, it isn't that conspicuous at all and I have a few figures here that would need a bit of a dusting more than this :-[ . By the way, from that angle it reminded me of... you'd just need a small rollercoaster for model railroads (I believe Faller made one) and you've got your avatar at home in 3d (well, almost). ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Libraraptor

Can´t get enough of strolling through all those new shelves posted here in version 2.0!

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 21, 2012, 07:28:23 AM
By the way, from that angle it reminded me of... you'd just need a small rollercoaster for model railroads (I believe Faller made one) and you've got your avatar at home in 3d (well, almost). ;D
Marc, you need to do this, you know...

Patrx

Quote from: Horridus on March 13, 2012, 07:52:29 PM

Sorry to dredge up a photo from page one - but what're the little raptors facing off between the Bullyland Velociraptor and the Carnegie Caudipteryx?

brontodocus

Quote from: Pixelboy on March 21, 2012, 01:44:25 PM
Sorry to dredge up a photo from page one - but what're the little raptors facing off between the Bullyland Velociraptor and the Carnegie Caudipteryx?
They're the Safari Ltd. AMNH Feathered Dinosaurs Toob Velociraptor (left) and Sinornithosaurus (right). :)
Too bad these rollercoasters for model railroads are quite expensive (between €100 and €150) but I'd really love to see a photo like this - and I guess Marc would win any possible future diorama contest with it instantly. ;D No, I'm not going to buy one myself. Really not. It's Marc's avatar, not mine... ;)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 21, 2012, 02:51:01 PMNo, I'm not going to buy one myself. Really not. It's Marc's avatar, not mine... ;)
Oh, that hint is just too tantalising...  ;D

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Horridus on March 20, 2012, 09:54:29 PM
Quote from: Brachiosaurus on March 20, 2012, 09:32:16 PM
What scales are the trceratops carcass and the therizinosaurus?

They're in the 1:50 - 1:40 range.

Quote from: brontodocus on March 20, 2012, 09:23:41 PM
I remember someone often saying things like "ah, the feet, it's always the feet with me" (if only I could remember who said that ;D )...

I have no idea who you mean.

Yeah, I do like the feet on that one, but I also really like the feet on the original JP rex, believe it or not. I think they're nicely done...

By the way, this pic turned out well but...ouch, the dust!

That one reminds me abit of your avatar Horridus :) It's a very nice T-Rex too btw, it's an impressive detailed model likewise  8) 
What's the scale 1:15?

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 21, 2012, 03:44:38 PMOh, that hint is just too tantalising...  ;D
I thought my post might have some potential to turn into a boomerang so I had to stop myself immediately... ;D As a side note, the Accoutrements "Horrified B-Movie Victims" go pretty well with this figure, too... time to revive one of my DTF v1 avatars... ;)
Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 21, 2012, 03:47:26 PMWhat's the scale 1:15?
No, it's rather between 1:20 and 1:24.

Simon

The scale on the Shinzen Sega Red TRex is about 1/24.  Its 22" long down the spine...

Tylosaurus

Damn that's a nice scale heh, from what year is it, I am gussing its from 2007 but I may be mistaken :) It's one of the nicest large scale T-Rexies I have seen so far :)

Dunno about the colors, they are always a guess Flat Gull Gray with Light Gray would of been my colors of choice :)

brontodocus

Horridus

I get mail.

Krentz T. rex painted by Niroot!

Safari T. rex not painted by Niroot! (But given to me by him. He had spares. Spare repaints. UNBELIEVABLE.)

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

Himmapaan

Was there any editing done on the picture, perhaps? *Asks the excruciatingly vain and needy painter* 

It's just that the colours seem to look flatter than I remember.  :-[ Unless I was wholly deceived in my work from the start.  :-[

brontodocus

Congrats, Marc! :) Niroot, I believe the differences between your photo here http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,66.msg1070.html#msg1070 and the one Marc posted can be explained easily by different lighting, white balance, camera, and background. The difference is clearly there but it's still obvious from both pictures how brilliant your paint work is and especially how much care you take in every of your customizations! :) By the way, on Marc's photo it reminds me even more of Luis Rey's artwork.

Tylosaurus

NIROOT PWNAGE!!!

Very nice Nitroot!
This is really nice work, and grats Horridus!

Steve Irwin Mode :

Crickey ! Would you look at that beauty! Ain't she GORGEOUS! ! whoo hooo Tyrannosaurids RULE!!!

Himmapaan

...Thus is my foolishness confirmed and magnified.  :-[  :-[ Thank you for the kind words and my apologies.

*Crawls away to hide*

Gwangi

Beautiful work on that Tyrannosaurus. Such a unique choice of colors that really work. Marc, have I told you how truly envious I am of your Tyrannosaur collection? If not than I'm saying it now, I'm truly envious of your Tyrannosaur Collection. It just keeps growing! :)

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 21, 2012, 09:07:18 PM
...Thus is my foolishness confirmed and magnified.
Foolishness? No way! The difference is there and you've noticed it. We are all very sensitive and self-critical when it comes to our own work and that's because of a commitment to excellence. I have no doubt you would have immediately thought of the differences in the photos being caused by different cameras, lighting etc. if it hadn't been your own customization.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: