News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horridus Collection [New Favorite soft models]

Started by Horridus, March 13, 2012, 07:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

A new forum...perfect excuse to take more photos!

...There are a couple of new ones on the way! Although one's a corpse.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Wonderful. Of course. :)

It so happens that I did a little dusting and rearranging today. The excuse for pictures for the new forum also occurred to me. But it would scarcely be worth anyone's time as there are only two extremely crowded shelves showing a fraction of my collection (the rest are of course stored away).

Horridus

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 13, 2012, 08:03:59 PM
It so happens that I did a little dusting and rearranging today. The excuse for pictures for the new forum also occurred to me. But it would scarcely be worth anyone's time as there are only two extremely crowded shelves showing a fraction of my collection (the rest are of course stored away).
Of course it would be worth it. I didn't show all of my collection here either (non-dinosaurs, the skulls...)
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

It is worth it, I haven't seen any of your collection. I know I've expressed interest in it before. I thought of taking new photos as well but I kinda just did, though I do have a few new additions.
Marc, I love what you did with your feathered dinosaurs and I especially love the extant birds included within it. It is easy to see them as just more dinosaurs among all the more traditional genera. I have no extant birds but if I ever do they'll go right up alongside the rest of the theropods.

Takama

the corpse  is the dead Triceratops from CollectA isn't it?

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on March 13, 2012, 08:30:45 PM
Marc, I love what you did with your feathered dinosaurs and I especially love the extant birds included within it. It is easy to see them as just more dinosaurs among all the more traditional genera. I have no extant birds but if I ever do they'll go right up alongside the rest of the theropods.
Don't forget Kelenken too of course - an extinct bird every bit as monstrous as its nonavian feathered bretheren!

Quote from: Takama on March 13, 2012, 08:31:44 PM
the corpse  is the dead Triceratops from CollectA isn't it?

That's right!
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

QuoteDon't forget Kelenken too of course - an extinct bird every bit as monstrous as its nonavian feathered bretheren!

True and in that case I do have the Kaiyodo Diatryma mixed in with my dinosaurs as well. Still, I need an extant one if only to force the birds-are-dinosaurs conversation with guests.

ZoPteryx

Wow!  I need shelves like those, especially if they come with all the dinos! ;)

Horridus

The horror, the horror!

Also, Therizinosaurus.

@Mhorridus

ZoPteryx

Simon

The Theri is the prize of the releases so far!  Mine is in the mail...

Mauro "Raptor86"

Wow, the dead Trike is perfect for the Wild Safari T.rex!

Thundercharge

^ it is!  :D

I'll be getting that guy for my Rex to enjoy  ;D

Great additions!

Click sig for my collection! :)

Bokisaurus

Great new addition, just got mine and really love them! ;)

Lio99

Horridus

A few more...because I got a new camera and I'm still figuring it out.

@Mhorridus

brontodocus

I remember someone often saying things like "ah, the feet, it's always the feet with me" (if only I could remember who said that ;D )... I suppose that Shinzen Tyrannosaurus foot is one that you like (okay, that was probably a bit redundant, who wouldn't?). Oh, and I like the picture of the Carnegie Diplodocus with only its head being in focus, it excellently emphasizes the depth in the photo! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Horridus on March 15, 2012, 09:37:36 PM
The horror, the horror!

Also, Therizinosaurus.

What scales are the trceratops carcass and the therizinosaurus?

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 20, 2012, 09:23:41 PM
I remember someone often saying things like "ah, the feet, it's always the feet with me" (if only I could remember who said that ;D )... I suppose that Shinzen Tyrannosaurus foot is one that you like (okay, that was probably a bit redundant, who wouldn't?). Oh, and I like the picture of the Carnegie Diplodocus with only its head being in focus, it excellently emphasizes the depth in the photo! :)
I hadn't noticed it before (because my Shinzen T.rex is stored away), but it looks as though the foot is even trying to convey the arctometarsalian condition! (Oh, my, that was too big a palaeontological term for me.)

Incidentally, I also have a photograph of just the head of the Carnegie Diplodocus somewhere...

Horridus

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on March 20, 2012, 09:32:16 PM
What scales are the trceratops carcass and the therizinosaurus?

They're in the 1:50 - 1:40 range.

Quote from: brontodocus on March 20, 2012, 09:23:41 PM
I remember someone often saying things like "ah, the feet, it's always the feet with me" (if only I could remember who said that ;D )...

I have no idea who you mean.

Yeah, I do like the feet on that one, but I also really like the feet on the original JP rex, believe it or not. I think they're nicely done...

By the way, this pic turned out well but...ouch, the dust!

@Mhorridus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: