News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I've seen them in stores, although they were rather expensive, $4.99 (CAD) a piece if not mistaken.

Shonisaurus

Papo knowing which is the last by far in revealing their news (although not Collecta slouch), we have to be very patient.

His revelations in photographs are for long.

Saurox

Just bought a Papo rex/raptor set (repainted).

The rex is grey orange and purple.

The Raptor is a simalr bluey grey to the newest one only with a brown stripe down it's back.

tanystropheus

Quote from: masakira on October 17, 2015, 10:25:46 PM
Just bought a Papo rex/raptor set (repainted).

The rex is grey orange and purple.

The Raptor is a simalr bluey grey to the newest one only with a brown stripe down it's back.

Where did you find it?

Moodyraptor

I have the repaint rex and raptor too - they are in UK Toys R Us.

DinoG

I hope Papo comes back with a vengeance and detrones Collecta which has ruled the prehistoric collectables scene in the last couple of years.
Run!

Viking Spawn

Even though I already have the set, I did check for it at a Toys R Us store today.  They had a mid evil Papo box set but nothing else.

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoG on October 18, 2015, 09:44:57 AM
I hope Papo comes back with a vengeance and detrones Collecta which has ruled the prehistoric collectables scene in the last couple of years.

They have? Personally I prefer Safari. Papo is the highest voted for company on the poll also.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Gwangi on October 19, 2015, 12:54:56 AM

They have? Personally I prefer Safari. Papo is the highest voted for company on the poll also.

Unfortunately where I'm from, Schleich has monopolized seemingly every store in my area.  I'd love to see either Papo or CollectA on store shelves for a change.  :-\

Gwangi

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 19, 2015, 01:08:38 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 19, 2015, 12:54:56 AM

Unfortunately where I'm from, Schleich has monopolized seemingly every store in my area.  I'd love to see either Papo or CollectA on store shelves for a change.  :-\

It's a similar situation here, although Safari is easy to find in the craft stores like Michael's and AC Moore. They always seem to be a couple years behind on getting newer models though. 

suspsy

Given that CollectA released more than six times as many toys as Papo did this year, I honestly doubt that will happen.

Although as others have already pointed out, in terms of sheer saturation, Schleich dominates. Very unfortunately. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

the only brands i see in all the major toy stores where im located are Schleich and MojoFun (two of the worst prehistoric figures brands)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on October 19, 2015, 04:08:19 AM
Given that CollectA released more than six times as many toys as Papo did this year, I honestly doubt that will happen.

It's not about quantity, it's about quality.  ;)

Ah who am I kidding, the CollectA models are pretty high quality themselves. It's amazing how many models that company can churn out each year. Some of the unfortunate standing and leaning issues bother me though.

stargatedalek

As I see it CollectA's models are better researched and (infinitely) more original, but Papo has better quality control.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 14, 2015, 06:32:02 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on October 14, 2015, 06:29:11 PM
are the minis sold individually or only in toobs? I only like half of them. :\

I believe only in the tubes.  So far, I have yet to find any in a store to confirm.

As far as we know at Everything Dinosaur, the minis are only available in tubes, there are no plans to sell them individually.

suspsy

I came across the first series of minis being sold individually this past summer, so perhaps the second series will eventually follow suit.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

the minis look kind of interesting and at least they arent greyish brown.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PaleoMatt

I want Papo to be in more UK stores, there was my local sainsburys that once sold CollectA and then Schleich took over :(

Viking Spawn

Quote from: TE Matt on October 20, 2015, 08:54:02 PM
I want Papo to be in more UK stores, there was my local sainsburys that once sold CollectA and then Schleich took over :(

UK stores?  I'd love to see more of them available here in the States too.  Seeing the same old Schleichs over and over is both redundant and disappointing.

POP of FAN

Quote from: masakira on October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM
Hey, does anyone have any ideas regarding papo's 2016 dinosaur model releases?

Also, if you could choose a few you'd suggest them to make, what would they be?

I think I can help you with that question. hehe :P

Last Monday Papo Korea had another interview with one of Papo's sculptors (Mr. Seo) who's responsible for the most of Papo dino figurines; and just a couple of minutes ago it has made public the documented contents of the interview at its blog: http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220515022125

So, this time I can tell you with even more certainty than ever: for 2016, it's feathered velociraptor, Baryonyx, and Kaprosuchus.

I intentionally tried to do a 'word-by-word' translation of the relevant parts of the interview, so there can be some awkward word or sentence choice. So plz bear with me on that aspect. ;)

* "Q: 2016년도 파포 라인업 발표시기는?
    A: 회사에서 주관하는 사항은 알지 못합니다만, 제가 작업한 상품은 알고 있습니다. 내년도 공룡 출시상품은 깃털달린 벨로시랩터, 바리오닉스, 카프로수크수 입니다. 바리오닉스와 카프로수크수 상품의 경우 티라노사우루스 크기 정도 됩니다. 또, 서있는 호랑이와 아기호랑이도 제작하였습니다."

* translation:
  "Q: When will Papo's 2016 lineup be announced?
    A: I do not know about the matters that the company[Papo France] manages, but I DO know what I have sculpted. For the next year's dino lineup, it will be feathered velociraptor, Baryonyx, and Kaprosuchus. The size of Baryonyx and Kaprosuchus will be close to that of [Papo's] tyrannosaurus. Also, I sculpted a standing[?] tiger and a baby tiger."

* "2016년도 출시 예정인 공룡과 2017년도 생각해 놓은 공룡리스트 ​
   Q: 위 질문과 더불어 기가노토사우루스에 대해 제작의향이 있으신가요?
​   A: 기가노토사우루스 상품에 대해 특성이 무엇인지 알아보도록 하겠습니다. 추가적으로 현재 작업중인 상품은 "늑대 뮤탄트" 입니다. 그리고, 내년에 제작할 공룡은 "아크로칸토사우루스"입니다." 

* translation: "Dinosaurs to be released in 2016, and what you have in mind for 2017
   Q: In addition to the above question, are you willing to sculpt Giganotosaurus?
   A: I first need to check what characteristics this product[I think he meant species?] has. What I am additionally working on right now is "wolf mutant." and I'll be sculpting "Acrocanthosaurus" next year."

* "Q: 이구아노돈 조형 계획중인걸로 알고 있습니다. 출시 계획은 언제쯤 되나요?
    A: 이구아노돈은 아직 제작에 들어가지 않았습니다. 내년에 제작해도 내후년에 출시 할 것 같습니다."​

* translation:
  "Q: I'm told that you are planning to sculpt Iguanodon. When will it be released?
    A: I have not started on Iguanodon yet. If I start next year, probably it will be out in 2017."

Hope that helps.
I think i need some more time to translate the entire text (it's a bit long), and to make the translation a bit more smooooooth. :)

In the meantime, don't forget that you heard it first from POP of FAN. Haha. :)

*Edit: I added some modifications upon the request from Papo Korea.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: