News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Thanks for that Pop of Fan!

Sounds like the Bary will be large. :) Also, sounds like he will need to research the Gignotosaurus some more. The news on the Acro is a surprise. I'd be very interested to see how he executes it, but prefer a Giganotosaurus.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Kovu

Woot woot! We got a Baryonyx in the house!
Seriously, I know it's already kind of been announced, but official confirmation from Mr. Seo is awesome! We need more European dinosaurs and Baryonyx is a super awesome place to start! I'm pretty sure this is gonna be one of my top collecting priorities come the new year.

The feathered velociraptor should be good. I'm a bit less excited about this one just because I'm not a huge dromeosaur fan. I mean they're great and all, but I'd have preferred a herbivore. Same with Kaprosuchus.

Takama

It really seems like this Sculptor knows very little about Dinosaurs.   How can he not figure out the Popularity of Giganotosaurus?

Needless to say, his Work is amazing. I just hop they can get him to do more Obscure genera once all the core dinos are done.   

Viking Spawn

Thank you for all of this great info Pop of Fan!!!  2016 & 17 are going to be great for the Papo dino fan!   A Papo Acro?!  Ooooohhhhh!!!!!   :o

PaleoMatt

:)) :)) I'm really excited! But why will the Kapro be the size of the Rex?

sauroid

so 2016: feathered Velociraptor, Baryonyx and Kaprosuchus
2017: Acrocanthosaurus and Iguanodon
hopefully, there'd be another one for 2017 (either a marine reptile or a prehistoric mammal, my wish)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fluffysaurus

No baby dinosaurs this year?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Moodyraptor

Woo, a nice big baryonyx!  Baryonyx is my favourite dinosaur, I've been waiting years for a really nice model, hopefully this will be it. 

KeU

Nono, I want the Baryonyx to be the same size or smaller than the Allosaurus.
Now it's way over-sized.

stargatedalek

Honestly none of the Papo dinosaurs have been in scale before, so I figure if it's going to be a nice model they should just go all out.

MLMjp

Acrocanthosaurus?????
Soooooooo many acros here.........I'm planning to get rebor acro for chrismas......but...a papo acro will be nice...and cheaper...but i don't wan to wait almost two years......and rebor acro looks gorgeus...uch ouch......I don't know...
About bary...papo allo is somewhat close to running t.rex size, so.... somewhat between those two maybe? (Not too close to t.rex please)
And such a same, no giga until 2018 >:( >:( >:(
Same with the iguanodon but at least he will came out sooner

Patrx

I wish I felt more optimistic about the Velociraptor, but something tells me it's going to be terrible.

suspsy

I wouldn't be at all shocked if the Velociraptor had a minimum of feathers, just like the ones from Schleich. A small crest on the head and maybe some plumage dangling off the forearms.

Acrocanthosaurus, eh? I wonder if that's in response to Rebor.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kovu

I'm kind of picturing the velociraptor looking like a scaled up version of their archaeopteryx, but with reduced/no primaries on the arms and less feathering on the tail. I do get a feeling though that it's going to just be a feathered JP raptor, especially in the head.

Despite that, I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic. Maybe it'll be super accurate and everyone will be happy with it! We can always hope? Right? Maybe?

Yutyrannus

The Baryonyx sounds great! We need more good spinosaur figures.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 19, 2015, 01:08:38 AM
Unfortunately where I'm from, Schleich has monopolized seemingly every store in my area.  I'd love to see either Papo or CollectA on store shelves for a change.  :-\

Same here, Walmarts, Toy-R-Us, and some Barnes & Noble(s) sell only Schleich. I'm so tired of Schleich. :( (I've been considering selling all but 2 of my schleichs) I've only seen the Papo dragons and mutants at Toys-R-Us and at Hobby Lobby (a place a I refuse to buy from one reason being most of their Papo's are broken). Hobby Lobby only ever sells the Brown Rex and the Spino.

I'm super excited for these up and coming dinosaurs. :D Though I do hope they make a good and fluffy raptor.
I still need to get the Tupuxuara and the young Apatosaurus.  I don't really know what other papos are out already though. <_< >_> So I could be missing more.

Also how big is a Baryonyx supposed to be?

Shadowknight1

I'll need to see Baryonyx and feathered raptor to know for sure that I'll buy them.  I skipped this year's Papos because neither appealed to me.  Hopefully these do.

AND DAMMIT PAPO!!!  Another Acro to add to the list. *sigh* I'm gonna end up with a ton of this guy, I just know it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

joossa

Quote from: Dinofiel on October 21, 2015, 11:05:00 AM
I'm still waiting for a baby stegosaurus. It needs to happen!  O:-)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: joossa on October 22, 2015, 02:19:02 AM
Quote from: Dinofiel on October 21, 2015, 11:05:00 AM
I'm still waiting for a baby stegosaurus. It needs to happen!  O:-)

Yes please as well as a baby (and adult accurate spino) and Brachiosaurus!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on October 22, 2015, 01:32:36 AM
I'll need to see Baryonyx and feathered raptor to know for sure that I'll buy them.  I skipped this year's Papos because neither appealed to me.  Hopefully these do.

AND DAMMIT PAPO!!!  Another Acro to add to the list. *sigh* I'm gonna end up with a ton of this guy, I just know it.

I can live with this.  The more the merrier of a cool creature.  LOL.   :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: