News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

I think we're getting a baby green running rex since hte green standing one has been discountinued!

Dyscrasia

I am not too optimistic with an "accurate" feathered velociraptor as Papo aims to please the general public, it might end up being a JP raptor with feathers.

sauroid

at the rate Papo are releasing prehistoric figures per year, it might take at least twenty years til we see a full range of accurate (non JP inspired) prehistoric animals from them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sim

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on October 22, 2015, 01:32:36 AM
AND DAMMIT PAPO!!!  Another Acro to add to the list. *sigh* I'm gonna end up with a ton of this guy, I just know it.

When I read about the plans for a Papo Acrocanthosaurus, one of my first thoughts was wondering what your reaction would be.  I thought it would either be a very happy one, or one similar to the above! :))

suspsy

I wonder how the Papo Kaprosuchus will compare to Wild Safari's. Presumably it'll have an articulated jaw.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SpartanSquat

If the mini carnosaur from the tube is a mini acro?

Roselaar

Sounds good!

I'm not digging the newly painted minisaurs though. The colour schemes make them look much to Schleichy. At least the original bland paint jobs gave them the Papo feel.

tyrantqueen

There's a possibility that the Papo Kaprosuchus could end up looking similar to Safari's, due to the fact that the artist likes to reference popular paleoart. Safari's Kapro is based on Todd Marshall's work:

I just really really hope that Papo doesn't copy the Primeval Kapro.

Patrx

Given that the Safari Kaprosuchus is pretty amazing, I guess I can't bother to get too excited about another one.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 22, 2015, 10:44:49 PM
There's a possibility that the Papo Kaprosuchus could end up looking similar to Safari's, due to the fact that the artist likes to reference popular paleoart. Safari's Kapro is based on Todd Marshall's work:

I dont hope they re use a mold from one of their crocodile figures. Then i would rather have the primeval one. Hope papo makes one better then Safari's.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

POP of FAN

I heard from a 'very reliable' source that it looks quite similar to Todd Marshall's. :)
Haven't seen it personally though. (At least not yet.)

Rain

Quote from: POP of FAN on October 23, 2015, 12:19:24 AM

I heard from a 'very reliable' source that it looks quite similar to Todd Marshall's. :)

:o Any news on the other figures or are you not allowed to disclose that?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Viking Spawn on October 22, 2015, 03:56:46 AM
I'll need to see Baryonyx and feathered raptor to know for sure that I'll buy them.  I skipped this year's Papos because neither appealed to me.  Hopefully these do.

AND DAMMIT PAPO!!!  Another Acro to add to the list. *sigh* I'm gonna end up with a ton of this guy, I just know it.

I can live with this.  The more the merrier of a cool creature.  LOL.   :P
You're right, you're right. :P
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: POP of FAN on October 23, 2015, 12:19:24 AM

I just want to make sure this is pointed out because people will probably accuse Papo's sculptor of copying Safari. Papo didn't copy Safari, they both copied from the same artwork (Marshall's).

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Sim on October 22, 2015, 04:58:44 PM

When I read about the plans for a Papo Acrocanthosaurus, one of my first thoughts was wondering what your reaction would be.  I thought it would either be a very happy one, or one similar to the above! :))
Oh, it is a happy one, I'm just running low on room!  I'm really curious to see how they do their Acro.  I hope they don't copy Rebor's though.  Rebor's is great, but I have two similarly posed Acros now.  I want to see Papo do something fresh!  Just like I hope Rebor's Allosaurus will look different from Papo's.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on October 22, 2015, 10:48:18 PM
Given that the Safari Kaprosuchus is pretty amazing, I guess I can't bother to get too excited about another one.

Assuming that Papo references Todd Marshall for....If the Safari Kaprosuchus is a 10 out of a 10 rating scale, it is possible that the Papo Kaprosuchus will be 11 out of a 10 scale. However, I would have been a bit more happier if Papo made another 'suchus'.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 25, 2015, 05:09:11 AM
Quote from: Patrx on October 22, 2015, 10:48:18 PM

Assuming that Papo references Todd Marshall for....If the Safari Kaprosuchus is a 10 out of a 10 rating scale, it is possible that the Papo Kaprosuchus will be 11 out of a 10 scale. However, I would have been a bit more happier if Papo made another 'suchus'.

I agree with you with the great kaprosuchus (Safari) have more than enough. It would have been better that had made other such araripesuchus of the same quality as the Safari.

JurassicGeek09

In regards to the new theropods (whichever they may be), I really hope Papo designs them without making them look totally enraged like the other theropod figures they've released.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

POP of FAN

Based on what Mr. Seo (Papo's sculptor) said during the interview and what ppl have predicted so far on this forum,

What if:
as big as Spino; similar to Todd Marshall's; and similar to Archeopteryx but twice or three times bigger?

If Papo's 2016 dinos turned out to be all non-scale, how would you feel about that?
Would you still collect these items, provided that the quality is as good and as realistic as that of Papo's previous ones?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: POP of FAN on October 30, 2015, 05:58:22 AM
Based on what Mr. Seo (Papo's sculptor) said during the interview and what ppl have predicted so far on this forum,

What if:
as big as Spino; similar to Todd Marshall's; and similar to Archeopteryx but twice or three times bigger?

If Papo's 2016 dinos turned out to be all non-scale, how would you feel about that?
Would you still collect these items, provided that the quality is as good and as realistic as that of Papo's previous ones?

Absolutely!!!  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: