News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

LophoLeeVT

:o :ooh i need ALLLLLLL of these! wow papo for some reason i really like the bary withe the jw style!
they are soo awesome! finally baryonyx can put the stress he got from not making the final cut in jw aside!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

empire3569

Quote from: Rain on December 12, 2015, 12:22:49 AM
Quote from: empire3569 on December 11, 2015, 11:53:18 PM
Quote from: Simon on December 11, 2015, 10:55:00 PM
OK.  So I blew up the photo - I first thought that the change in the head was simply due to a different paint job placing emphasis on different parts of the jaw, but looking at this enlargement I am thinking that they really might have re-done the jaw.  What do y'all think?

I agree, at least the bottom jaw appears to be a different sculpt; it still looks like it has the snaggle tooth in the front, but the teeth on the side appear to be more straight than the previous model. Plus, it appears the head was actually photoshopped on (you can see the bottom of the neck doesn't quite line up) which leads me to think the head could have been slightly re-sculpted and then added the already taken image

If you're referring to the part that's jutting out, that's just one of the over emphasized veins

If you look closely I believe there is a clear, straight line separating the neck, which makes it look like the head was photoshopped on

stargatedalek

Baryonyx was so distraught over loosing out on that JW part it let it's health slip a little bit, too much comfort food >:D

Kovu

I like them, a decent output for Papo this year. I'll probably pick up the Baryonyx and Feathered Velociraptor but skip the Kaprosuchus and repaints.

Appalachiosaurus

I really like the Baryonyx. So fat!  ;D I have grown distasteful for those shrink wrapped dinosaurs we see everywhere, so much so that I find myself preferring my dinotoys to have a bit of weight to them. That's also the reason why I love the Collecta Carcharadontosaurus so much! The only complaint of mine is that the lower jaw is so thick. Makes it look strange, and makes me reluctant to call it a Baryonyx.

Meso-Cenozoic

O M G !! These are gorgeous! For me, these blow all the other 2016's out of the water! 8)

I'm really impressed with what they came up with for their new Velociraptor. I think it looks really well done! They even got the feathers on the hands correct! I think he looks better than REBOR's Utahraptor!

The Kaprosuchus... what a dynamic looking creature they've created! The notches in the jaws and the tip of the snout could've been a bit more exaggerated. And should he be a little taller/legs a bit longer? Or is he perhaps just squatting down towards the ground more? Overall though, he is a very cool looking figure!

I wonder why they're giving us a Green repaint on the old Velociraptor? (JW?) They should've just let their new exclusive Rainbow repaint out instead for all of us to get! ;)

Loving that we do get the Rainbow Rex in at least the Running version!

You can count me in on liking this Baryonyx too! I think he's absolutely stunning! Yes, the jaws seem a bit off, but it could be the angle of the pic. Have to wait for more pic views. Loving all the little added details on him!!

This seems to be the most Papo has ever released in one season, and just after bringing out that new exclusive T. rex/Velociraptor Boxed Set (which I'm still planning on getting). I always look forward to Papo's new releases each year, and this year I think might be one of their best! :D

DinoLord

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 12, 2015, 12:58:00 AM
Baryonyx was so distraught over loosing out on that JW part it let it's health slip a little bit, too much comfort food >:D

New head-canon accepted!

pylraster

Quote from: Simon on December 11, 2015, 09:09:04 PM
Quote from: Rain on December 11, 2015, 08:53:23 PM
*SNIP*

Also, does anyone else think the running rex's head sculpt looks kinda different?

Yes, I am glad I'm not the only one who noticed - it actually looks more "TRex-ish" and less "King Kong V-Rex-ish"

The teeth seem a little neater, and they seem to have trimmed down that jutting tooth from the lower jaw.

Rain

humm, have the 2 threads been merged together or am I just going crazy?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not at all..lol Yes I merged them. There didn't seem to be much point posting the same info in two different topics so I thought it would work out for the good.

suspsy

Except that now, Blade, newcomers to the thread have to dig around for the images, since they are not on the first page as they should be.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rain

He'll probably edit them into the first post, so that probably won't be an issue

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Rain on December 12, 2015, 03:44:56 AM
He'll probably edit them into the first post, so that probably won't be an issue

yep, done!  ^-^

suspsy

Good stuff!

I have to say, after more than twelve hours, I'm still perplexed by the Baryonyx. None of the Papo theropods to date have been pinnacles of scientific accuracy, but nor do they look like lumbering, clumsy behemoths like this one. Perhaps it is just the angle, but I'm not so sure.

As I said before, while it makes for a fabulous monster, it's an atrocious dinosaur!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

joossa

If I remember correctly, Mr. Seo said in one of those interviews that the Bary will be able to stand on two fleet (non-tripod), but that if it becomes back heavy or is bumped, he'll easily gain the support from the tail (tripod).
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

POP of FAN

Quote from: joossa on December 12, 2015, 04:48:31 AM
If I remember correctly, Mr. Seo said in one of those interviews that the Bary will be able to stand on two fleet (non-tripod), but that if it becomes back heavy or is bumped, he'll easily gain the support from the tail (tripod).

Hi, joossa. :)

"이번에 조형한 "바리오닉스"는 뒤로 넘어지면 꼬리가 받칠 수 있게 앞으로 넘어지면 앞발이 받칠 수 있게 제작 하였습니다."
http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220371793092

-> Translation: "Baryonyx I sculpted this time will be in a posture that will make it stand even if it falls on its face or on its back, because of its arm and tail position."

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I would've preferred Baryonyx in a quadruped stance if they thought he couldn't stand on two feet.  If he was looking down, I could see it rearing back from something but it looks like it's shouting to the heavens or something.

Also, he has the same armor scutes that Allosaurus has on its chest and the spikes are very similar to that release as well.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

POP of FAN

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2015, 02:49:32 AM
Not at all..lol Yes I merged them. There didn't seem to be much point posting the same info in two different topics so I thought it would work out for the good.

My bad. I should've thought of that.
Still not familiar with this forum's system, so bear with me guys. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: POP of FAN on December 12, 2015, 05:59:22 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2015, 02:49:32 AM

My bad. I should've thought of that.
Still not familiar with this forum's system, so bear with me guys. :)

No worries. There are so many pages and similar topics even I get confused sometimes. ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: