News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

I think they make nice JP style figures but I wish the parasaurolophus looked more like the one from the first 2 films, especially with the coloring.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 19, 2016, 05:19:44 PM
I think they make nice JP style figures but I wish the parasaurolophus looked more like the one from the first 2 films, especially with the coloring.

I think it matches some JP art that was produced for the first film, we really can't see the Paras all that well in the movie.

empire3569

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 19, 2016, 06:16:06 PM

I think it matches some JP art that was produced for the first film, we really can't see the Paras all that well in the movie.

In the first movie, the CG renderings during the Brachiosaur scene had them as green with what appears to be darker green stripes, an the wall art inside the visitors center has them as the green but with the same patterning as the para's in TLW (granted this wall art also has green velociraptors). Although I agree, I would like to see a new paint scheme on them that matches those in TLW

Megalosaurus

Quote from: empire3569 on February 19, 2016, 12:39:43 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on February 19, 2016, 06:28:34 AM
Quote from: empire3569 on February 19, 2016, 02:17:17 AM
First US store has the Baryonyx in stock (and for a pretty good price): http://www.happyhentoys.com/papo-55054-baryonyx.html

I just ordered mine!

Thanks! The shipping is a little pricy. I think I'll wait until they have the rest of the new ones in stock and then maybe I'll have enough to qualify for free shipping.

I think I only paid 8$ for shipping, which is more than I usually pay on Amazon, but I didn't want to wait  :))

This page has skyscrapper shipping cost for international buyers, but can be free for US customers once you spent $79.

In my case: Shipping this Baryonix to Mexico costs: $44.49

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dobber

$44.49! Just for shipping or is that the total cost? If just for shipping that stinks!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Dobber on February 19, 2016, 08:32:17 PM
$44.49! Just for shipping or is that the total cost? If just for shipping that stinks!

Chris

Just shiping.
Thats because that enterprise uses an external shipping company named "International checkout". So you pay twice, first from happyhen to Icheckout and then from Icheckout to your destination.

But if you are in the US, then happyhen is a good option.

MLMjp

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 19, 2016, 11:06:12 PM

Chris

Just shiping.
Thats because that enterprise uses an external shipping company named "International checkout". So you pay twice, first from happyhen to Icheckout and then from Icheckout to your destination.

:o :o :o :o That really stinks, If I was you I would look for other source or wait until it appears on eBay. I live in the other side of the Atlantic and shipping cost of something coming from america are cheaper :o :o

Ikessauro

I've been gone for a few weeks, so I'm not really aware of things. What's up with these absurdly high prices for the new Papos? Living in Brazil it seems to me  that they definitely are not going to be on my collection any time soon. That Baryonyx is like, 10 bucks more expensive than the older big Papo theropods.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on February 20, 2016, 12:03:33 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 19, 2016, 11:06:12 PM

Chris

Just shiping.

:o :o :o :o That really stinks, If I was you I would look for other source or wait until it appears on eBay. I live in the other side of the Atlantic and shipping cost of something coming from america are cheaper :o :o

Thanks. I use to buy from Everything Dinosaur. To me is cheaper to buy and ship from U.K. than U.S.A. Is strange because USA and México are adjacent.

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 20, 2016, 12:50:30 AM
I suggest you people not to hurry on buy those new models, wait until they become widely available and the prices will eventually calm down. I want badly the Baryonyx figure but I'm going to wait until Amazon get it in stock, for around 25/30 euros (shipping is free) I will have it, and it's not a bad price at all.

As singed by Guns 'n' Roses:
"All we need is just a little patience..."

stargatedalek

I can sympathize, it's cheaper for me to order things from Japan and China than from within my own province.

Plasticbeast95

Is it just the angles I am seeing it at, or is the Baryonyx a little tubby?

terrorchicken

Quote from: empire3569 on February 19, 2016, 07:10:16 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 19, 2016, 06:16:06 PM

In the first movie, the CG renderings during the Brachiosaur scene had them as green with what appears to be darker green stripes, an the wall art inside the visitors center has them as the green but with the same patterning as the para's in TLW (granted this wall art also has green velociraptors). Although I agree, I would like to see a new paint scheme on them that matches those in TLW
basically I want something that looks like the LW electronic parasaurolophus toy. I used to have it but had to sell it. :(

Dilopho

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on February 20, 2016, 09:42:55 PM

It looks tubbier than the other papo theropods, but not too fat. Just like a dinosaur who needs some food but is not unhealthy.
(Remember the Brachiosaurus from papo? It had rippling muscles but still visible ribs...)

Neon-Allo

That Kaprosuchus is calling my name!

Saurox

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on February 21, 2016, 10:21:05 AM
It looks tubbier than the other papo theropods, but not too fat. Just like a dinosaur who needs some food but is not unhealthy.
(Remember the Brachiosaurus from papo? It had rippling muscles but still visible ribs...)

We are so used to seeing shrink wrapped dinosaurs... that now a well feeded one looks "strange".

Just for fun: Here you are an elephant reconstructed the way we reconstruct dinosaurs:

I love Papo give this bary some more flesh.

Dobber

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 22, 2016, 05:16:23 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on February 21, 2016, 10:21:05 AM

We are so used to seeing shrink wrapped dinosaurs... that now a well feeded one looks "strange".

Just for fun: Here you are an elephant reconstructed the way we reconstruct dinosaurs:

I love Papo give this bary some more flesh.

That is so disturbing, but I love this post!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

terrorchicken

^that would make a cool alien design for a movie.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 22, 2016, 07:34:04 PM
When paleontologists make a life restoration don't they base it on modern animals? I always thought that if we get such depictions that's because there's a research behind. But then I actually wonder who tells us that a Tyrannosaurus wouldn't have had twice the flesh we use to give him/her?

Yes, they do. Older reconstructions were originally based on lizards (such as Charles Knight's work) because the bird/dinosaur connection was not established at that point. Newer artwork has moved away from that, using crocodiles and birds for reference. If you look at wild, living animals today, they have plenty of flesh on their bones. Muscles and bones should not be and are not visible underneath the skin (even if the animal was starving, we shouldn't see every muscle and bone...although I don't want to think about starving animals, it makes me sad...:()

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think that elephant is a bit on the extreme side..even if you can see ribs or shoulder blades in some dinosaur deceptions I've not seen any that wrong unless it was intended to be a starving or sick animal.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: