News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Dilophosaurus

Dimetrodon

Dunkleosteus

Unknown species- possibly Herrerasaurus?

Scenery pack- Therizinosaurus and Dimorphodon

Scenery pack- Giganotosaurus and Saichania.

Mini saurier

Credit goes to STS for providing photos :)

PaleoMatt

My thoughts:

Dilophosaurus: Meh, looks like they stole the colour scheme from papo but atleast I predicted something and got it right :)
Dimetrodon: A papo rip-off clearly but they will go nice together
Dunkleosteus: Best figure this year, this years pentaceratops/kentrosaurus :)
???: I'm waiting for more info on the species for this one
Scenery Packs: Looking ok so far, 2 recolours and the 2 new figures look promising
Minis: I'm a little upset to see recolours for this line since I'm quite fond of collecting all minis but it's nice to see schleich branchng out into aquatic creatures which hopefully may come later in 2016

This year for Schleich was let down compared too last year but definatly not their worse *cough*2014*cough*

Shonisaurus

Then I would suggest that the Dilophosaurus is even worse than Papo.

It reminds me of bad times Dilophosaurus Collecta.

The dimetrodon is a mere plagiarism dimetrodon Papo, is not the worst figures but not anything to saved.

As for the primitive dinosaur Herrerasaurus? ... it does not convince me. It has too many seams in its articulated jaw.

The dunkleosteus is the only one who is saved but it is better than Safari.

Moreover the dimorphodon and Saichania reissues are sold with painting and giganotosaurus therizinosaurus. I said another lost year by Schleich.

DinoToyForum

Thanks for creating this thread. Also Sauroid, who created a duplicate (without images) which I deleted.

I'm not keen on any of these new Schleichs. The Dunkleosteus is the best of the group, the Dimorphodon is interesting, and I'm pleased to see a few more mini marine reptiles added to Schleich's line.

Silvanusaurus

I completely understand why everyone dislikes these... but I actually quite like them, more so than alot of previous Schleichs.
However, that Baryonyx is very disappointing, i was hoping it would be a larger scale. Its a Baryonyx, right?

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 10, 2015, 07:25:11 PM
I completely understand why everyone dislikes these... but I actually quite like them, more so than alot of previous Schleichs.
However, that Baryonyx is very disappointing, i was hoping it would be a larger scale. Its a Baryonyx, right?

I believe it's baryonyx and I quite like them too :)

terrorchicken

the dimorphodon is cute and I like the little ichthyosaur. Thats it. That dilophosaurus looks more like one of those ugly dragons theyve been releasing..

oh and the dunkleosteus, that one's good too,  its probably the best b/c its NOT a dinosaur...

Gwangi

The Dunkleosteus is fantastic but probably the only Schleich I'll get for 2016. The mystery theropod piques my interest, especially if it is Herrerasaurus but I could care less about the rest of them.

sauroid

copy/pasted my opinion from the other thread:
Schleich tried to copy Papo's Dimetrodon but failed miserably. the proportion is just awful.
and what is that bipedal grey creature supposed to be? an Eotyrannus, Smok, Herrerasaurus?
the Dilophosaurus looks like a twisted hybrid of the Papo and the old CollectA.
the Dunkleosteus looks too much like a fossil (if only they painted it to look more "alive")
i'm willing to give the grey bipedal one, Dimorphodon and the Ichthyosaur some consideration because they look decent/interesting enough.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Oh wow, ripping off Papo. Just shows which is the better company. And capitalizing on JW with a Dimorphodon and Mosasaurus. ::)

Most of these are awful. The only one that kinda interests me is the Dunkleosteus. Not because it's pretty, but because it's something new for Schleich. The company tends to recycle its species a lot after all. Just how many different Giganotosaurus and Saichania did they make again? And 2016 doesn't prove different.

Halichoeres

Like I said in the other thread, the Dunkleosteus is not terrible (I actually think the sturgeon-style scutes on the side are an interesting touch, though I have no idea whether there is evidence for or against something like that). I will probably get it if only because there are so few fish figures around, but it will play third fiddle to the Safari and Favorite.

I think the mini ichthyosaur is ugly-cute, like a Boston terrier or something.

And the Herrerasaurus (if that's what it is--the feet make me think so) is encouraging just because it's from the Triassic and Triassic stuff is so thin on the ground.

The rest is a hard pass.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 10, 2015, 07:25:11 PM

I could not specify if it is a baryonyx, it can also be a suchomimus or irritator.

Moreover I agree with the dimorphodon and mosasaurus Roselaar are horrible.

DinoToyForum

So many creatures beginning with 'D'! On this basis I think the unknown theropod is Deinonychus. ;)

sauroid

that Ichthyosaur looks vaguely familiar.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

It reminds me of Bullyland at an early painting from my point of view.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 10, 2015, 07:37:01 PM
So many creatures beginning with 'D'! On this basis I think the unknown theropod is Deinonychus. ;)

We don't want another toe claw crisis we had with the jurassic world figures XD

Mauro "Raptor86"

I like the Herrerasaurus! I'll get it!

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 10, 2015, 07:44:10 PM
I like the Herrerasaurus! I'll get it!
It might not be Herrerasaurus still! But it's our best bet!

Carnosaur

Agreed. the Dunkleosteus is a must have. as for the rest
the only one that looks worth while to me is the Herrerasaurus.

Libraraptor

They´re all rubbish except of the Dunkleosteus, which I really like. And well the "Herrerasaurus" is, well,okay...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: