News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Well, I see i was too late in being the one who shown off the the new models

I only saw the Dunkolosteus and i was waiting for a chance to show it off.

However, im not convinced that that Theropod is a Baryonxy. but i will have to ask my source to see if that is it.

terrorchicken

the best thing Schleich did this year are those diorama helpers/playsets, the waterfall is stunning and would work for prehistoric dioramas with little tweaking.

SpartanSquat

A baryonyx?! That dinosaur is not a Baryonyx! Also if this is a Baryonyx/Suchomimus, it will have dermal spines or crocodile like snout similar to mini version?

EmperorDinobot

Everything is nice except for Dilophosaurus.

DinoG

Not impressed at all, actually quite disappointed..
Run!

Gwangi

Quote from: RolandEden on October 11, 2015, 12:51:04 AM
A baryonyx?! That dinosaur is not a Baryonyx! Also if this is a Baryonyx/Suchomimus, it will have dermal spines or crocodile like snout similar to mini version?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the large theropod is a Baryonyx, just the little one. I could be wrong and if I am then I agree with you, no way could that larger model be mistaken for a Baryonyx.

Takama

The source of the images listst it as such Gwangi.  I relly hope its a mistake.

http://modellpferdeforum.de/index.php/Thread/26023-Liste-der-Schleich-Neuheiten-2016/?postID=1540554#post1540554

I was the first one here to know about these new models, and the only information i had was the following

QuoteI think I can trust you, and I'll give you some information now, but I can't guarantee the species of dinosaurs are named correct, because I only got the pics and numbers, no exact information concering the species.

There will be
Scenery Pack Ankylosaurus (little dinosaurs) and Giganotosaurus new paint (little dinosaurs)
Dimorphodon (little dinosaurs) and Therizinosaurus, new paint
Dilophosaurus (big size)
Dimetrodon (big size)
Prehistoric Fish (big size)
Suchomimus or Baryonix (don't know exactly) (big size)
Mosasaurus (micro dinosaurs)
Velociraptor, new paint (micro dinosaurs)
Kentrosaurus (micro Dinosaurs)
2 more micro dinosaurs.
This information was exchanged with me back in late September, and the only picture i saw was the Dunkolosteus.

I highly doubt that this person can mistaken that as a Baryonx or Suchomimus, but i sent him a PM to see if this was the photo he was referring too when he sent this information

Bucklander

The head/neck/body/tail of the large mystery dino remind me of the Dawn of the Dinosaurs Frenguellisaurus/Herrerasaurus.

Carnosaur

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 11, 2015, 12:46:09 AM
the best thing Schleich did this year are those diorama helpers/playsets, the waterfall is stunning and would work for prehistoric dioramas with little tweaking.

Where can i find these?

alexeratops

They're ok. I've taken note of the Papo copies.

I do really like the Dunkleosteus!  :)
like a bantha!

Gwangi

Quote from: Bucklander on October 11, 2015, 01:20:34 AM
The head/neck/body/tail of the large mystery dino remind me of the Dawn of the Dinosaurs Frenguellisaurus/Herrerasaurus.

Yes it does, which is another reason why I like it. It has to be Herrerasaurus, I'm at a loss to think of what else it could be. Even if it's not, I would probably use it as a stand-in.

Takama

I sent a Email to Everything Dinosaur to see if they know what that is soposed to be.

Though i recall that the executives at this company are stupid when it comes to dinosaurs.   I think Everything Dinosaur had to prevent them from calling there Pentaceratops a Triceratops when they released it.

SBell

Quote from: Takama on October 11, 2015, 03:27:06 AM
I sent a Email to Everything Dinosaur to see if they know what that is soposed to be.

Though i recall that the executives at this company are stupid when it comes to dinosaurs.   I think Everything Dinosaur had to prevent them from calling there Pentaceratops a Triceratops when they released it.

If you go to this link and make sure to transalte from German (if needed) it is a Baryonyx.

I would like to thank Schleich, once again, for saving me money this year. Maybe I'll pick up the Dunk when I see it. And a few of the fish (need to see the moray up close).

Takama

I dont a 100% trust that listing.

Arul

Oh man the dunkleosteus, its a must have. And the waterfall diorama looks nice. Good job schleich !! Last year the best product is kentro, now the dunkleosteus :D

A.Garcia

It's nice to see a Saichania based on more accurate reconstructions. I look forward to seeing it from other angles. I agree it probably deserves a larger-scaled version.

If the Dunkleosteus has an articulated jaw, that's a good point of differentiation from other figures of the animal. It ought to blend well with the armored aesthetic, too. If someone repaints it with rich colors, I want to see. :)

The Herrerasaurus looks like it would fit well with the JP toys. The Dilophosaurus is clearly auditioning for their new dragons line.

tyrantqueen

What it is with Schleich and knuckle dragging? Their theropods do it way too much :P

Also, the Saichania has such a happy face 8)

joossa

Good to see the first reveals for 2016. Sadly, I will be passing on all of these.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

LophoLeeVT

i think the hererra is a eoraptor
all are nice exept the dimetrodon
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Polihierax

The Dunkleosteus und the "Herrerasaurus" look quite nice. I think, with acrylics and a good colour scheme, it is possible to make the best of them.
Schleich dinosaurs have the disposition to look comic-like (last years Therizinosaurus). I don't appreciate that. But it seems to be worth for them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: