News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pixars "The Good Dinosaur Toys".

Started by Takama, October 13, 2015, 07:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on November 24, 2015, 02:22:45 PM
I don´t want star wars to become the highest grossing film.

1-I want Jurassic world to be the highest grossing film of this year.

2-I´m getting tired of it. Is everywhere, they are like schleich, I´m not saying that they are bad I have watched all movies and I liked them, but they are not my life like a lot of people, they are not even part of my favorite film series. If the geek world was like the dinosaur toy market, star wars is schleich, a good quality schleich in this case. But I don't want them, I want other brands (Jurassic park, Pirates of the Caribbean...) to have more presence. And that why I think I´m getting sick of star wars, they are always there, while other things don´t. You will always find star wars merchandise everywhere, but other things won't get that amount of attention.
It is like my hobbies (Dinosaurs, Anime, Transformers...)in my country, they don't get a lot of attention and I have to go to a specific place to find them. Enough with comparisons.

Thea ar six star wars movies, In my opinion, once a movie series has surpassed two trilogies, it´s enough. I´m not saying that the force awakens will be bad, I just think that It wasn´t really necessary to make more star wars films. Besides, there are a lot of spin-offs that are going to come, There´s going to be a star wars cinematic universe.(Everyone thinks they can do the marvel formula...)

In same way I don't really think we need Jurassic world 2, I loved the movie, it was something that the franchise needed after JP3 IMO But I don't want them to do a sequel, because they are probably going to ruin it again.

To summarize:
I think there is enough star wars in the world.

I want Inside Out to be the highest grossing film of the year   ;D

Gwangi

2-I´m getting tired of it. Is everywhere, they are like schleich, I´m not saying that they are bad I have watched all movies and I liked them, but they are not my life like a lot of people, they are not even part of my favorite film series. If the geek world was like the dinosaur toy market, star wars is schleich, a good quality schleich in this case. But I don't want them, I want other brands (Jurassic park, Pirates of the Caribbean...) to have more presence. And that why I think I´m getting sick of star wars, they are always there, while other things don´t. You will always find star wars merchandise everywhere, but other things won't get that amount of attention.
It is like my hobbies (Dinosaurs, Anime, Transformers...)in my country, they don't get a lot of attention and I have to go to a specific place to find them. Enough with comparisons.

Thea ar six star wars movies, In my opinion, once a movie series has surpassed two trilogies, it´s enough. I´m not saying that the force awakens will be bad, I just think that It wasn´t really necessary to make more star wars films. Besides, there are a lot of spin-offs that are going to come, There´s going to be a star wars cinematic universe.(Everyone thinks they can do the marvel formula...)

In same way I don't really think we need Jurassic world 2, I loved the movie, it was something that the franchise needed after JP3 IMO But I don't want them to do a sequel, because they are probably going to ruin it again.

To summarize:

I can kind of relate to this. Although I am a "Star Wars" fan I didn't grow up with it, I grew up with "Jurassic Park". "Jurassic Park" was my "Star Wars" as a kid. I didn't pretend to be Luke Skywalker, I pretended to be Allen Grant. Even though it is a lesser quality film, I was happy to see "Jurassic World" do so well. It was proof that I wasn't the only one who held "Jurassic Park" to such a high esteem. That said, I can't find merchandise anywhere for JW. Not a shirt, or a hat or anything. But every store carries "Star Wars" and "Minions" and "Marvel".

The intense fandom surrounding "Star Wars" and the over saturation of merchandise in the stores kind of kills it for me, I'm burnt out by it all. I'm still immensely excited for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" because much like the "Jurassic Park" series I would like to see something wash the bad taste of the prequels out of my mouth. But "Star Wars" and the MCU are everywhere and fatigue is definitely setting in.

MLMjp

Gotta say that I really like the MCU. However I have zero interest in the merchandise or comics.

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on November 24, 2015, 03:08:19 PM

The fact is that JW is right now the highest grossing film of this year, while Inside out is not. Since I loved JW I want it to stay in that position
(Just in case, I also watched Inside out and I really liked)

PD: Don´t you think guys that the discussion has got a bit of topic? This thread is about the good dinosaur and it´s toyline.

Plasticbeast95

To summarize:

I agree, after the Clone Wars TV series (which was very good, BTW) I think I'm good on star wars for a long while.

stargatedalek

My dad has always been a huge Star Wars (and Star Trek) fan so it was a big part of my childhood growing up even though I was too young to see the prequel trilogy in theaters. Despite that I can agree that over-merchandising is only doing a huge disservice to everyone involved, fans of the series or not. I wouldn't say it's as bad as Minions, which in my opinion was a good movie with the genuine and completely deserved hate the over-merchandising created for it's very concept being its downfall, but it's definitely the same situation.

I have mixed feelings for the spin-off media. I definitely liked Clone Wars (although it took a few years to pick up) and I'm enjoying Rebels, but you will never find anything as symbolic as the franchises completely unnecessary urge to advertise itself as the Star Wars Holiday Special! >:D

I've yet to actually watch Titanic and I probably never will since I get plenty enough Titanic exposure from the various local museums and institutes. I genuinely dislike Avatar, it confuses to this day that I know people who returned to theaters and saw it 4-5 times over. It also stayed in theaters for something insane like 5 months which probably attributed to it's success.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 24, 2015, 05:34:06 PM
My dad has always been a huge Star Wars (and Star Trek) fan so it was a big part of my childhood growing up even though I was too young to see the prequel trilogy in theaters. Despite that I can agree that over-merchandising is only doing a huge disservice to everyone involved, fans of the series or not. I wouldn't say it's as bad as Minions, which in my opinion was a good movie with the genuine and completely deserved hate the over-merchandising created for it's very concept being its downfall, but it's definitely the same situation.

I have mixed feelings for the spin-off media. I definitely liked Clone Wars (although it took a few years to pick up) and I'm enjoying Rebels, but you will never find anything as symbolic as the franchises completely unnecessary urge to advertise itself as the Star Wars Holiday Special! >:D

I've yet to actually watch Titanic and I probably never will since I get plenty enough Titanic exposure from the various local museums and institutes. I genuinely dislike Avatar, it confuses to this day that I know people who returned to theaters and saw it 4-5 times over. It also stayed in theaters for something insane like 5 months which probably attributed to it's success.
I literally am only watching Rebels for Ahsoka and the Seventh sister

tyrantqueen

To summarize:

I don't like Star Wars, never have.

I'm a Star Trek kind of person. But whatever the most popular film is, does it matter? There is literally nothing you can do to change it, so why worry? And just because something is popular, doesn't mean it is good.

MLMjp

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 24, 2015, 06:05:55 PM

I don't like Star Wars, never have.

I'm a Star Trek kind of person. But whatever the most popular film is, does it matter? There is literally nothing you can do to change it, so why worry? And just because something is popular, doesn't mean it is good.

I was just expressing my opinion on the subject. I´m aware that my words are not going to change anything, I just wanted to express myself. And the fact that i want Jurassic world to stay as the highest grossing film of 2015 is basically to be like... YES! TAKE THAT! Just personal satisfaction >:D.

And yes, just because something is popular, doesn't mean is bad, for example, my favorite anime is Attack on titan, which is one of the most popular anime nowadays

About avatar and titanic, I watch the first one in cinemas, and I liked, typical story, but an entertaining film. Does it deserve to be the highest grossing film?...dunno...
About Titanic, I really liked, and it made me cry. I think that less than 10 films had made me cry.

postsaurischian

This thread has been sooo off-topic for so long. It should be closed!

MLMjp

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 24, 2015, 06:25:29 PM
This thread has been sooo off-topic for so long. It should be closed!

Ups sorry, event though i noticed it:

Quote from: MLMjp on November 24, 2015, 03:58:32 PM
Gotta say that I really like the MCU. However I have zero interest in the merchandise or comics.

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on November 24, 2015, 03:08:19 PM

The fact is that JW is right now the highest grossing film of this year, while Inside out is not. Since I loved JW I want it to stay in that position
(Just in case, I also watched Inside out and I really liked)

PD: Don´t you think guys that the discussion has got a bit of topic? This thread is about the good dinosaur and it´s toyline.

I still reply to what the people said :-\

Gwangi

Quote from: MLMjp on November 24, 2015, 03:58:32 PM

Just to clarify, I also enjoy the movies in the MCU. I've gone to the theater to see every single one of them and while some were certainly better than others I still enjoyed myself each time. That said, I'm getting a little burnt out. "Age of Ultron" was only sub-par in my opinion and while I did enjoy "Ant Man" I can't say I loved it. All of the MCU movies follow a pretty well worn path that's starting to get predictable and boring. Hopefully "Civil War" will spice things up some more.

Kovu

Yes, back on topic!

The Good Dinosaur! Super excited! The trailers are totally making it look like an uplifting tear-jerker with the boy-and-his-dog vibe that they seem to be setting up with Arlo and Spot.

EDIT: Made a new thread to discuss the Titanic/Star Wars/Avatar/other movie situation...
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4089.0

MLMjp

It has an 85% on rotten tomatoes, so the first impressions from critics of the movie are really good :)

tyrantqueen

Just had a look on Urzeitshop, they have figures by Bullyland for the movie. These look a lot nicer than the ones with moving parts.

Hopefully they will do more characters...

postsaurischian

;D He, he, I like the Tyrannosaurus.

It's strange ... Amazon.de is showing these pictures of the Bullyland figures:

CityRaptor

It's rather easy. Either Urzeitsshop or Amazon does not use pics of the final version of those figures. Someone who wants those things will find it out.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Butch looks pretty awesome, I honestly cannot complain about his character design. I'll have to pick him up in one form or another but the Bullyland is pretty nice.

Halichoeres

Those ARE better. On the one hand, I'd kind of like to see them do the movie's pterosaurs that well, but on the other hand I'd also like to see them get back to their standard prehistoric line.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Well I think its A little rhetorical to say they are better.   I think all Models made by company's like Bullyland are better then Action figures.

I also heard that some of the Charectors will be Released for Disney Infinity. One of those Video Games that forces you to buy Toys in order to play(and to get 100% completion)

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Infinity-3-0-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B015EMXMUI/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1449554460&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Good+Dinosaur

Right now, only Spot is a available, but i think some of the Dinosaurs are Slated for Release

CityRaptor

If I remember correct,  I read somewhere that only Spot will get a figure while the Dinosaurs only get digital representations and will be mounts. That's right, you get to play with the primate sidekick, while the sapient characters are mere beasts of burden...

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 26, 2015, 04:41:05 PM
like to see them get back to their standard prehistoric line.

THIS!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: