News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

Thank you so much!  avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954

That's smaller than I was imagining. I still wish it was a tad smaller, but it's not like Atopodentatus figures are super common anyway.

Leyster

Anybody has the Collecta Borealopelta to compare with the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Leyster

S @SidB thank you!

They look in scale, guess I'll have to buy the Collecta Borealopelta too...

SidB

Concavenator

L @Leyster well, you pretty much nailed it, because the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus is in 1:35 scale (for a 11.5 m long individual) and the CollectA Borealopelta is in 1:36 scale (for a 5.5 m long estimate), if my math is right.

Out of curiosity, were you asking for it because Acrocanthosaurus and Borealopelta coexisted? Borealopelta isn't associated to any particular geological formation, but in the paper it was described in the possibility of it coexisting with Acrocanthosaurus was presented.

Leyster

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator such a difference in scale can esily be explained as variation between individuals. Also the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus is 1:32 for the largest specimen's skull.

Borealopelta is drift from a marine formation, but it's more or less the same age of Acrocanthosaurus, so - if not Acrocanthosaurus - it's plausible that a similar theropod would've been its main predator.

Leyster

Ok, another request: anybody has the Papo Apatosaurus and the Eofauna Diplodocus?

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on August 07, 2022, 04:10:02 PMOk, another request: anybody has the Papo Apatosaurus and the Eofauna Diplodocus?

Here's a couple of quick snapshots of the principals under consideration:

Leyster

S @SidB wow, so quick! Thank you, they look about to scale

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on August 07, 2022, 06:04:07 PMS @SidB wow, so quick! Thank you, they look about to scale
My pleasure. Your request reached me at just the right moment.

Dilopho

Could anybody be so kind as to do the Safari 2010 Apatosaurus with the procon stegosaurus or the small brown Schliech  allosaurus?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dilopho on August 18, 2022, 01:02:47 AMCould anybody be so kind as to do the Safari 2010 Apatosaurus with the procon stegosaurus or the small brown Schliech  allosaurus?

I have the Apatosaurus but not the other two. Would you accept Safari Kentrosaurus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 18, 2022, 10:13:14 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on August 18, 2022, 01:02:47 AMCould anybody be so kind as to do the Safari 2010 Apatosaurus with the procon stegosaurus or the small brown Schliech  allosaurus?

I have the Apatosaurus but not the other two. Would you accept Safari Kentrosaurus?
I don't have that one, I guess I'd really just accept anything procon or collecta to compare it with but no worries if not ^^

Dilopho

I ended up getting it, so if anyone else is curious about that comparison, here you go!

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 21, 2022, 12:49:52 AMavatar_Dilopho @Dilopho haha I guess I'm too late with these then:

I much appreciate it anyway, thank you!
Man, their Megalosaurus is so small ...I hope Safari makes a more sizeable one

SenSx

Hi,

I was waiting for the rumored PNSO offering for a Suchomimus, but seing the disappointment it is, I think I'll just buy the Safari one now.

So I don't know if anyone can answer my resquest since I don't think many people own that figure, but can someone kind enough provide me a comparaison between the Safari Baryonyx and their Suchomimus ?
And if you can, with a rod under its belly to make him stand more horizontally, as I might do.

Thanks.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: