News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archosauria on April 11, 2018, 03:13:22 AM
Not necessarily a comparison between two figures, but rather, a size comparison.

Does anyone own CollectA's giant (1:10 scale, I think) Tyrannosaurus Rex? I'd like to see it compared to, I dunno, a ruler, your hand, an apple. Just anything so I can get an idea of how large it is.

Thanks!

Collecta big Tyrannosaurus is at 1:15 (90 cm long / 37 inches ).
A 1:10 scale model would be over 1 mt long (more than 40 inches..).

Here:

https://youtu.be/gHthoEiBbpw

Primeval12

I only have about 10 of my 200 or so dinosaurs at school but here's the Indoraptor with an unfortunate CollectA Kentrosaurus. When I get home in May, tell me what toys you want compared to the indoraptor!

Reptilia

Need to see how the Mattel Mosasaurus scale with the two smaller rexes, extreme chompin' and thrash & throw. Any JP collector can help?

PhilSauria

Finally got my hands on some Fallen Kingdom merch, and the figure I was most wanting - the Baryonyx. Had to do a group shot with the other Baryonyx in the collection and I must say it dwarfs the Collecta one (and makes that one look pretty ordinary!).

Reptilia

Thought the roarivores, the carnivore ones at least, couldn't keep their mouth shut unless you'd action the sound feature. This Baryonyx toy is very nice indeed.

Shonisaurus

Mattel baryonyx es muy bueno, aunque el de Invicta a pesar del paso de los años sigue siendo quizás mi baryonyx preferido.

Nimravus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 25, 2018, 05:29:43 PM
Mattel baryonyx es muy bueno, aunque el de Invicta a pesar del paso de los años sigue siendo quizás mi baryonyx preferido.

I fully agree with Shonisaurus that the best Baryonyx up to date is the one from Invicta. Let's  see what Mojo finally brings out, their initial pictures look really good, but who knows?  ???

Faelrin

Here's my current collection of every JW toy I have (from both Hasbro and Mattel), which hopefully serves as a comparison between the two lines:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Reptilia on April 25, 2018, 01:34:34 PM
Thought the roarivores, the carnivore ones at least, couldn't keep their mouth shut unless you'd action the sound feature. This Baryonyx toy is very nice indeed.

The mechanism want too strong and the mouth can easily be closed blu-tack or just anything sticky. I've shut the mouths of all my Roarivores  ;D

PhilSauria

I would have thought that the default position on these would be a closed mouth that opened when the animal roared. Makes sense, but what do we know? Maybe someone at the manufacturing end got the mechanism set up the wrong way round! The Baryonyx that I bought will keep its mouth shut just by pinching the jaws together, no sticky assistance required. The other one left in store did not stay shut. I'd closed them just out of curiosity and grabbed the one that stayed closed. I have since painted all of the claws the dark grey, even the small fourth claw on the feet. The Collecta Baryonyx has now been banished to the linnen closet to join a few other figures that I may sell or donate. The Mojo will take its place when available.

Zhuchengotyrant

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can post a picture of the Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus with a CollectA Kentrosaurus or other decntly common dinosaur. Thanks, I appreciate it!  O:-)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Halichoeres

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 26, 2018, 09:10:10 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can post a picture of the Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus with a CollectA Kentrosaurus or other decntly common dinosaur. Thanks, I appreciate it!  O:-)

This is the best I can do: with the Favorite Stegosaurus, CollectA Camptosaurus, and Imperial Tuojiangosaurus. Does that help at all?

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Could anyone publish the andrewsarchus Bullyland, Collecta, Safari, Geoworld and Play Visions and the hyaenodon Safari, Mojo, Geoworld and AAA together?

It would be interesting to see those "bad dogs" metaphorically speaking together.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Faelrin on October 10, 2017, 05:13:04 AM
So does anyone know how the Safari LTD Sauropelta would size up to the Papo, Rebor, or Battat Terra Acrocanthosaurus? I know Safari LTD's Acrocanthosaurus is a bit smaller to be in scale with the Sauropelta. Not sure if this has been posted before.
This is a very late response, but in case it's still helpful, here's a comparison with the Battat Terra Acro:

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 25, 2018, 06:44:43 AM
Finally got my hands on some Fallen Kingdom merch, and the figure I was most wanting - the Baryonyx. Had to do a group shot with the other Baryonyx in the collection and I must say it dwarfs the Collecta one (and makes that one look pretty ordinary!).
https://s20.postimg.cc/9y8grnxnh/Compara-Baryonyx.jpg
I did a group shot of my own - but featuring the JW Baryonyx alongside Hasbro's JPIII Spinosaurus and Chap Mei's suchomimus.

I had almost forgotten how dinky the tails are on Hasbro and Chap Mei figures. Mattel is definitely improving on the game.

Syndicate Bias

Thought it be nice to see them in size comparisons. I have yet to fill the seam lines at the moment with air dry clay, i used loctite epoxy instant mix for the model which worked like a charm. Hoping to paint it soon.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photos Syndicate Bias the giganotosaurus and acrocanthosaurus of Vitae, Rebor and Papo are fabulous, it is curious that until not many years ago these two species of theropods were not very well represented in the toy market and now, fortunately, they are overrepresented.

Syndicate Bias

Of course Shonisaurus! Im hoping if the rumours are true about PNSO, then we will have that Giganotosaurus as well and hopefully one from papo or eofauna to go with it

Bokisaurus

In case some of you were wondering...  ^-^
Schleich Oviraptor and Safari Anzu together at last ;D
I repainted the Oviraptor. I originally intended to just add some highlights on the beak since it was disappearing in my photos. But then the more I looked at it, the more I just wanted to give this figure some justification.
I have to admit, I actually like this figure a lot. It's beautifully sculpted, more than I expected. The HUGE downfall of this figure is that it looks very much unfinished. The Blue color abruptly ends, and that is the only color there really is on the figure.
The gray color looks like the PVC material before painting.
So, I quickly repainted it just to give it more life and to really bring out the nice details of the feather.
To be honest, I like the feathering on the body of this figure a lot better than the Anzu, mainly due to them looking more like feather, while on the Anzu, the back feathers look too much likes scales from a distance.
Anyway, here ya go :D
[]
I will post more photos if it alone in my collection thread, cheers!

Jose S.M.

PhilSauria

Great photos, as usual, and nice repaint. Pity Schleich did not go that extra step and do that themselves. Could have made a good figure into a great one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: