News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Could someone publish comparative photos of Collecta and Safari ceratosaurus?

On the other hand, there is someone who has the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta and Safari and wants to publish photographs as well.

I would like to see them since for my misfortune the ceratosaurus and feathered tyrannosaurus of Collecta are the only figures that I still lack in my collection of dinosaurs of 2018.

On the other hand, I can attest that both iguanodontes, both Collecta's and Papo's, are beautiful both in the scientific version and in the pop art version. Sincerely, I like Collecta more than the difference between these two beauties.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 08, 2018, 07:54:05 PM
I could do this as well, but it may have to be tomorrow as there's no daylight, I'll give it a try anyway later if you want.

On the other hand, I can attest that both iguanodontes, both Collecta's and Papo's, are beautiful both in the scientific version and in the pop art version. Sincerely, I like Collecta more than the difference between these two beauties.
I like the CollectA one more as well. I got the Papo one as it's one of the best Papo figures imo.

Also, I like your new avatar of a Shonisaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Like this?

The Safari could be a juvenile for the CollectA if you want?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Now, parden the triple post, but I have a request of my own. Does anyone have the CollectA Estomenosuchus (I've probably spelt it wrong) and can it be compared with the Safari Dimetrodon or Inostrancevia?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thank you for showing these two figures together of ceratosaurus. I really like the Safari ceratosaurus and equally that of Collecta, that incarnate or reddish color of the body favors that ceratosaurus a lot. Thank you for sharing these fabulous photographs!

Faelrin

Since my Mattel Legacy Spinosaurus came today, I made sure to get as many comparison images as I could (between just the carnivores for now). I'll have more pics in the Mattel JW 2018 thread (here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6359.msg217782#msg217782 ), but here are some:

Spinosaurus, Suchomimus, and Baryonyx:

A group pic of my favorite meat eaters from the franchise (just missing the Legacy Dilophosaurus, which isn't out yet, and the skeleton will have to do for now for the Indominus rex):

Just a group pic of the largest creatures I have so far, from Mattel's current offerings (the Thrash and Throw Tyrannosaurus is more to scale, but I don't have that one yet so the Legacy Extreme Chomping one will do for now):
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

Safari new Styracosaurus and Triceratops

They are almost same lenght but Trike is a bit bulkier and taller.

Carnotaurus and Tyrannosaurus

Same as before, close in lenght but Tyrannosaurus is a bit  bulkier and taller.

Shonisaurus

The styracosaurus and the Safari carnotaurus are perfect. Honestly I am favorably impressed by the red color of the styracosaurus head. I count the days to buy that wonder.

Apart from that, the comparisons of styracosaurus and carnotaurus with feathered triceratops and tyrannosaurus rex are all very well in the Safari brand.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Those new Safari figures look excellent, they're both bigger than I expected. The Carnotaurus will look like the Disney dinosaur version when next to the Safari Iguanodon.

PhilSauria

Yeah many thanks for the comparison images! Great pix. Good to have a bit of an idea of how much plastic we will be getting and how they size up next to some earlier Safaris while we wait for a local release on some of these new ones. Mini Zoo will have them here in Aus in about a month I'm told. Can't wait.

Faelrin

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. Thanks for posting these comparison pics. They are very helpful.

Archosauria

How does Safari's 2018 Ankylosaurus look alongside Favorite's PVC Anky?
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Halichoeres

Quote from: Archosauria on November 01, 2018, 02:04:51 AM
How does Safari's 2018 Ankylosaurus look alongside Favorite's PVC Anky?

A little late, but hopefully this helps:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Although I like Safari's ankylosaurus by far, Favorite's is also a very precise figure from the scientific point of view.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Looking at them side by side, I think the Favorite one looks more like Euoplacephalus/Scolosaurus. It's still very nice though.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Justin_

I don't think this has been done but point me to the right post if it has.
I'd like to see the Papa Styracosaurus next to the new Safari Styracosaurus. Feel free to add any other Styracs if you've got them but it is those two I'd like to see together.

Thanks in advance.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 29, 2018, 08:20:42 PM
Those new Safari figures look excellent, they're both bigger than I expected. The Carnotaurus will look like the Disney dinosaur version when next to the Safari Iguanodon.

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

Faelrin

Can confirm. The Carnotaurus is massive compared to the Safari Ltd Iguanodon. Too bad the lighting is too dim in my room right now, otherwise I'd love to grab a pic to show the two of them together.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Justin_ on December 08, 2018, 06:37:00 PM
I don't think this has been done but point me to the right post if it has.
I'd like to see the Papa Styracosaurus next to the new Safari Styracosaurus. Feel free to add any other Styracs if you've got them but it is those two I'd like to see together.

Thanks in advance.

Here you go, I happen to have photos, was going to use them for a review but it never panned out.
Cheers!
[]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: