News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Great images and handy to see as size comparisons. I have most of these (except for the Battat) - this years Safari Styraco is bigger than I thought. My absolute favorite remains the Collecta though - magnificent piece of plastic! Interesting to see the various interpretations of the same animal from the different brands.
Thanks for posting.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Honestly Collecta styracosaurus was my favorite styracosaurus after the arrival of the styracosaurus of Safari my opinion has changed.

The Collecta styracosaurus is great what I do not like about the philosophy of the Collecta ceraptosides, among which the styracosaurus is that they have added those feathered mane on their back, that makes it funny, maybe because I have a very old-fashioned conception and conservative about the ceraptosides but I think those mane would remain independent of what I love and I am a follower of the artistic work of Matthias Geiger, whose paleoartistic work is colossal and outstanding, the figure of Doug Watson in this case the styracosaurus I like more for that reason although It is not as big as that of Collecta and because the details of painting in my opinion are in spite of not being very elegant conservatives and they are painted with great pleasure. The styracosaurus modeling of Safari is for me more realistic than that of Collecta but as I say it is an opinion of mine.

As far as Battat's styracosaurus is concerned, he is a great and epic figure, fortunately I have it but nevertheless it is a styracosaurus made to scale and much smaller than I imagined.

The styracosaurus of Favorite are also great both the first and the second version and their modeling and scientific precision is outstanding but they do not have the magic of Safari.

Finally Papo's styracosaurus is a great figure in the sense that he is one of the figures of Papo from my point of view with scientific precision and that is appreciated, what perhaps I am not passionate about the figure of Papo is his posture so dynamic (which is realistic one hundred percent) but at the same time dramatic and not reassured. The styracosaurus of Safari maintains a serene posture that convinces me more from the paleoartistic point.

Anyway, although my favorite figure of styracosaurus in this case is Safari 2019 I have to say that the rest of paleoartistic representations of this great dinosaur made by other brands are bright, outstanding and very realistic and fortunately this ceraptoside is sufficiently well represented in the toy dinosaur market which is appreciated as far as I'm concerned.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Justin_

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 08, 2018, 08:54:59 PM

Here you go, I happen to have photos, was going to use them for a review but it never panned out.
Cheers!

Thanks. That is a big help.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 09, 2018, 12:30:36 AM
...... Papo's styracosaurus is a great figure in the sense that he is one of the figures of Papo from my point of view with scientific precision and that is appreciated, what perhaps I am not passionate about the figure of Papo is his posture so dynamic (which is realistic one hundred percent) but at the same time dramatic and not reassured. The styracosaurus of Safari maintains a serene posture that convinces me more from the paleoartistic point.

I like the more dynamic pose of the Papo, but I'd like to make it a bit more accurate by shortening the neck and lengthening the tail using the Safari as a reference.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Hi everyone, can anyone compare the Toyway/Natural History Museum Diplodocus & Kentrosaurus with the Safari Ltd 2017 Diplodocus & 2010 Kentrosaurus please?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

DragonRider02

Anyone already has the new Schleich 2019 Spinosaurus and can post a photo of it next to CollectA Deluxe Styracosaurus, (new) Deluxe Deinocheirus or Deluxe Therizinosaurus(or Papo Theri)?

PhilSauria

Quote from: DragonRider02 on January 17, 2019, 02:14:17 AM
Anyone already has the new Schleich 2019 Spinosaurus and can post a photo of it next to CollectA Deluxe Styracosaurus, (new) Deluxe Deinocheirus or Deluxe Therizinosaurus(or Papo Theri)?

I do have the Schleich Spinosaurus and the Deluxe Styraco but not any of the other figures that you mentioned, so here's what I do have.

Brocc21

Can I get a pick of the favorite co sing next to any Battat ceratopsian. Or a favorite co next to any Battat?
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

DragonRider02

Quote from: PhilSauria on January 19, 2019, 08:05:07 AM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on January 17, 2019, 02:14:17 AM

I do have the Schleich Spinosaurus and the Deluxe Styraco but not any of the other figures that you mentioned, so here's what I do have.

Thanks!

Concavenator

Could anyone post a pic of the Eofauna Giganotosaurus next to the Carnegie Giganotosaurus please?

Fembrogon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 22, 2019, 08:19:53 PM
Could anyone post a pic of the Eofauna Giganotosaurus next to the Carnegie Giganotosaurus please?
I've got you, friend:

Fenestra

Everytime I see the Eofauno Giga I'm amazed how well balanced it is.
Those pretty skinny legs holding up that figure so beautifully without a base.  :-*

Concavenator

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Very nice, thank you!  ^-^

Now with all the pics and videos available, I think I can affirm with relative certainty that the EoFauna Giganotosaurus is the best carcharodontosaurid model now.From what I'm seeing, it looks even better than the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus,which is the second best one I would say.

Also, from the pics you shared I can see you're a lucky guy  ;D My Carnegie Giga doesn't stand even if it's meant to be a tripod.Same happens with my Papo Oviraptor.And the Safari Acrocanthosaurus... ::)

Well, that aside, it seems that most of the models will stand.However I saw one guy on YouTube showing that his own model doesn't stand, but I guess it depends on the model and how good the transport is. It's really great that they managed to create a theropod model with accurately proportioned feet standing perfectly without a base.

Fembrogon

To be fair, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator and avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra, I did give the Carnegie hot water treatment before photographing; I have to reset the left leg every so often. Back when I first got it, I could actually pose it on one foot horizontally, but that eventually led to it falling on its nose and breaking a finger.  :-[
My Eofauna also teeters just a little, so sometimes I have to be careful on a given surface. In time, Eofauna might need hot water treatment too.

...but yes, Eofauna's Giga is a beauty. I can't recommend it enough.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Concavenator on January 29, 2019, 10:58:19 PM

Now with all the pics and videos available, I think I can affirm with relative certainty that the EoFauna Giganotosaurus is the best carcharodontosaurid model now.From what I'm seeing, it looks even better than the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus,which is the second best one I would say.

Also, from the pics you shared I can see you're a lucky guy  ;D My Carnegie Giga doesn't stand even if it's meant to be a tripod.Same happens with my Papo Oviraptor.And the Safari Acrocanthosaurus... ::)

Well, that aside, it seems that most of the models will stand.However I saw one guy on YouTube showing that his own model doesn't stand, but I guess it depends on the model and how good the transport is. It's really great that they managed to create a theropod model with accurately proportioned feet standing perfectly without a base.
I was all with you until you said the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus is the second best. I personally find that shrink-wrapped animal with unusually short legs to be hideous (but of course we all have different opinions). I find the CollectA Deluxe Mapusaurus or the Safari Ltd 2017 Giganotosaurus to be the second best.
Also, my Safari Acrocanthosaurus stands extremely well, one of the sturdiest bipeds I'd say.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 29, 2019, 11:07:24 PM
To be fair, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator and avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra, I did give the Carnegie hot water treatment before photographing; I have to reset the left leg every so often. Back when I first got it, I could actually pose it on one foot horizontally, but that eventually led to it falling on its nose and breaking a finger.  :-[
My Eofauna also teeters just a little, so sometimes I have to be careful on a given surface. In time, Eofauna might need hot water treatment too.

...but yes, Eofauna's Giga is a beauty. I can't recommend it enough.

Honestly, the same thing happened to me with the tyrannosaurus rex (modern version) of Battat until, surprisingly, he now stands perfectly on his feet. It may be that the giganotosaurus of Eofauna, because the plastic is new, needs to dry out a bit of moisture in the plastic so that it stabilizes with time, just in case I keep it in any way with the plastic base in this way I prevent the figure from deteriorating. I agree with Concavenator when affirming that the giganotosaurus of Eofauna is the best carcharodontosaurus made to date but closely followed almost equaling it with that of Vitae but with the difference that Vitae's texture is very rough, in any case the giganotosaurus and the carcharodontosaurids are well represented by the various brands of toy dinosaurs.

From my point of view, the weakest giganotosaurus is that of Schleich, although with his new coat of paint he has improved the figure.

I recommend the lover and collector of theropods the giganotosaurus of Eofauna. He is a spectacular figure.

Concavenator

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 30, 2019, 12:22:04 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on January 29, 2019, 10:58:19 PM

I was all with you until you said the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus is the second best. I personally find that shrink-wrapped animal with unusually short legs to be hideous (but of course we all have different opinions). I find the CollectA Deluxe Mapusaurus or the Safari Ltd 2017 Giganotosaurus to be the second best.
Also, my Safari Acrocanthosaurus stands extremely well, one of the sturdiest bipeds I'd say.
Well, the only part that is shrink wrapped about the Carcharodontosaurus is the head.The body is not only not shrink wrapped, but more like the opposite.It's perhaps a little too sturdy and the hips are definetely too wide.I know it has several flaws but I think it's a great figure and still one of the best.

And those two you mentioned are some of the best too when it comes to carcharodontosaurid models.They sure are more accurate than the Carcharodontosaurus.And the Safari Carcharo is also more accurate than the CollectA one for that matter

KeU

Any chance for some shots of the new Safari Spinosaurus with the Safari feathered Tyrannosaurus together?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: KeU on February 28, 2019, 03:23:14 PM
Any chance for some shots of the new Safari Spinosaurus with the Safari feathered Tyrannosaurus together?

Timecode min. 11:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzo1maWwRMA

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: