You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

At that size/scale, I wonder if the Safari Allo could be a substitute for A. maximus.

SidB

Since size estimates for it range from 10. to 13 m, and there is very little skull material available (as far as I know), why not?

Mattyonyx

Has anyone ever put the Papo Iguanodon in front of the Papo Baryonyx?

Leyster

Quote from: SidB on April 15, 2020, 07:43:35 PM
Quote from: Leyster on March 27, 2020, 11:33:58 AM
Somebody has a comparison between the new Safari Allosaurus and the Battat Tyrannosaurus?
Looks like your request may have been lost in the scuffle, so to speak, so here's what you asked for. I'm showing the Battat Terra rex, though i also have the 2nd and 3rd of the original ones too. Keep in mind that the Allosaurus is 1/35 scale , but the rex closer to 1/40 ish.

Thank you very much! The Allosaurus looks like on the upper end of the species' size, around 10.5 meters.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

L @Leyster, it looks especially robust because of Watson's sturdy styling. If I had compared it with the Battat versions 1 or 2, which have a heavier built than the Battat version 3 or its repaint, the Battat Terra above, the Tyrannosaurus would have seemed relatively more substantial.

Leyster

Quote from: SidB on April 17, 2020, 07:52:34 PM
L @Leyster, it looks especially robust because of Watson's sturdy styling. If I had compared it with the Battat versions 1 or 2, which have a heavier built than the Battat version 3 or its repaint, the Battat Terra above, the Tyrannosaurus would have seemed relatively more substantial.
I have the Terra version too, so don't worry, it's exactly what I was searching for  ^-^
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Die_Maulquappe

The Iron Studios Jurassic Park Brachiosaurus with Sideshow Apaptosaurus, Camarasaurus, Allosaurus, PNSO African Elepahnt and 1/24 scale humans.
Matches very well.

Gallery:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/M8pt0xD
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

sauroid

has anyone posted comparison pics of the Safari Ltd, CollectA and Carnegie Concavenator?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 21, 2020, 02:26:49 AM
has anyone posted comparison pics of the Safari Ltd, CollectA and Carnegie Concavenator?

I would also like a comparative photo apart from the mentioned concavenator with the Favorite concavenator.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Loon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 21, 2020, 07:49:33 AM
Quote from: sauroid on April 21, 2020, 02:26:49 AM

I would also like a comparative photo apart from the mentioned concavenator with the Favorite concavenator.

Here's a picture from my review if the recent Safari:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon Thanks for the comparative photography the two concavenators look great.

SidB

I like the down turned twist at the back of the Safari's mouth. It makes it look "pensive" - to bite or not to bite, that is the question. Very existential.

Concavenator

Quote from: SidB on April 21, 2020, 11:32:49 AM
to bite or not to bite, that is the question

;D  ;D ;D

Leyster

Anybody has the new Safari Concavenator to compare with Battat Cryolophosaurus? And, even if this is a bit more difficult, the new Safari Carnotaurus to compare with Vitae Sinraptor?

Loon

Quote from: Leyster on June 14, 2020, 01:29:19 PM
Anybody has the new Safari Concavenator to compare with Battat Cryolophosaurus? And, even if this is a bit more difficult, the new Safari Carnotaurus to compare with Vitae Sinraptor?

Here are the first two:

I have the Sinraptor coming, USPS says it should be here tomorrow. I can snap some pics of it with the Carnotaurus then.

Leyster

Quote from: Loon on June 15, 2020, 01:42:00 AM
Quote from: Leyster on June 14, 2020, 01:29:19 PM

Here are the first two:

I have the Sinraptor coming, USPS says it should be here tomorrow. I can snap some pics of it with the Carnotaurus then.
Thank you very much! They look rougly in scale with each other, giving Cryolophosaurus a lenght of 7 meters and Concavenator 5.

gnetum2015

Hello,
does anyone have both brown running T Rexes from Papo, the version from 2012, wich was only availaible in France and Canada, and the new one from 2017. Are there differences between the coloration of these two?
Thanks.

Stegotyranno420

Can someone compare the new papo spino with any generic large figures from papo, collecta, safari, schleich, or/and mojo

Carnoking

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: