News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Sculpts from Blue Dinos

Started by Redonix76, December 24, 2015, 12:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Holy Smokes! I really like that color scheme even better.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Redonix76

Dobber - Thanks man!!! Truth is...My sculpts are not bad but Martin just made it that much better!! Gotta pick his brains and up my painting skills!!

A bit of new...The full body sculpt of the Regaliceratops has been put on hold for a week.  Got a large order from a store owner in Germany who wants to sell my sculpts, yay! Finishing up 6 busts and 10 Megalodon teeth by tonight...almost done though so I can get back to my sculpture this weekend!!

DinoLord

Congratulations on the deal. Hopefully this means many more sculpts from you down the line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

VERY awesome deal..and maybe a bit intimidating?  would be for me anyway..lol

you make Meg teeth?

Dobber

Congratulations Redonix76! You really deserve success as your sculpts are really nice, and I agree Martins paint app just took it to the next level for you. Any plans for a T-Rex of some sort (bust or full body) you could make feathered and unfeathered variants. I recently repainted the CollectA figure, my Avatar, if you are interested here are more pictures if you would like some ideas.  O:-)

Chris

Arul

New masterpiece made, outstanding  ;)

Redonix76

Thanks guys!! Yes its intimidating since i wasn't prepared for it! The good thing is that now I've established a new distribution connection!!

Blade - yes I do! Its about 4.25 in length and comes fully painted at $20 each.

Dobber - Your repaint is amazing!! Waaaaaaaaay better than what CollectA did lol. Thanks for the ideas too!!

Here what i sent to Germany!!

Redonix76

Hey guys,

Long time no talk, been super busy trying to finish up the full body Regaliceratops. Also been talking to a mold maker Shane Foulness recommended. It's not that I can't do myself, I just think it's better to have someone else makes copies for me while I concentrate on sculpting new stuff!

Also I've manage to make my own SLA (resin based) 3D printer that's pretty high resolution. Rather than buying one for $3000, I made one for about $800 and it seems to work just as well. It's still buggy but I have big plans later on to bring smaller printed models to you guys that are just as good as Shapeways but cheaper. Here are some non dino related tests. I should be able to have something dino related in a few weeks to test out. Thanks!

Millennium Falcon - from Thingyverse

Pumpkinhead I've sculpted in Zbrush

DinoLord

Quote from: Redonix76 on March 15, 2016, 07:24:43 PM
Also I've manage to make my own SLA (resin based) 3D printer that's pretty high resolution. Rather than buying one for $3000, I made one for about $800 and it seems to work just as well. It's still buggy but I have big plans later on to bring smaller printed models to you guys that are just as good as Shapeways but cheaper. Here are some non dino related tests. I should be able to have something dino related in a few weeks to test out.

Sounds great; I really look forward to this. I've always loved the possibilities brought about by 3d-printed models but the cost has always been prohibitive.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Redonix76 on March 15, 2016, 07:24:43 PM
Hey guys,

Long time no talk, been super busy trying to finish up the full body Regaliceratops. Also been talking to a mold maker Shane Foulness recommended. It's not that I can't do myself, I just think it's better to have someone else makes copies for me while I concentrate on sculpting new stuff!

Also I've manage to make my own SLA (resin based) 3D printer that's pretty high resolution. Rather than buying one for $3000, I made one for about $800 and it seems to work just as well. It's still buggy but I have big plans later on to bring smaller printed models to you guys that are just as good as Shapeways but cheaper. Here are some non dino related tests. I should be able to have something dino related in a few weeks to test out. Thanks!

Millennium Falcon - from Thingyverse

Pumpkinhead I've sculpted in Zbrush

Shane knows his stuff bud, excellent idea letting someone else handle casting for you.

That's a pretty cool idea , looks like it works really well!

Redonix76

Oh here is a quick photo of the model I got from Shapeways...to support Blade-of-the-Moon's park. It looks amazing with the frosted detailed option. I used Tamiya primer to pop out all the fine details in the print.

Kayakasaurus

Congratulations on your printer!

The prints look awesome!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Redonix76 on March 18, 2016, 09:43:23 PM
Oh here is a quick photo of the model I got from Shapeways...to support Blade-of-the-Moon's park. It looks amazing with the frosted detailed option. I used Tamiya primer to pop out all the fine details in the print.

Looks awesome bud! Is it the 1:40 version?

Thanks for the support!

Dobber

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 19, 2016, 02:24:05 AM

Thanks for the support!
If that's the 1:40, he must have a HUGE hand!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Redonix76

Sorry for he late reply! Its the 1/72 version with the frosted Ultra detail option. For the size the detail is AMAZING! Who's the digital sculptor on this Chris?

tyrantqueen

QuoteWho's the digital sculptor on this Chris?

Gorgonzola.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2016, 06:18:42 PM

Thanks for the support!

You wouldn't believe how small the 1:72 is in my bear paw.. lol It looks pretty tiny to me  lol :

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 20, 2016, 04:03:36 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2016, 06:18:42 PM

Thanks for the support!

You wouldn't believe how small the 1:72 is in my bear paw.. lol It looks pretty tiny to me  lol :

Ha ha ha, please never slap me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gotta love personal perspective! heh  This probably why, as a general rule ,I prefer larger figures... ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: