News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Sculpts from Blue Dinos

Started by Redonix76, December 24, 2015, 12:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Regeliceratops bust is avalible on Etsy. Unpainted

Redonix76

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 12, 2016, 02:57:02 AM
SO bottom line is the Regal bust availible yet, can it be ordered unpainted etc/......did I miss the details?

Hello, My apologies, I've been crazy busy getting things ready for a local shop. Yes the Regaliceratops kit is available. comes in 3 pieces with very minimal work. Only gluing the front horn and base is needed. I've also removed the flashings and fixed any large holes or bubbles. Then it can be primed and painted as usual.

Takama - Thanks for letting people know its available!!

PS: I will be putting the Etsy store on vacation mode all next week. I can only ship out orders Saturday before I'm out of town starting Sunday through next Saturday, thanks!!

Redonix76

Hey guy here is a video review for the new bust. Please enjoy and ill see you guys in a week!!
https://youtu.be/rUPQpLL2wVc

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Takama

Guys i been thinking of haveing him do models that are bigger then 1:30

I been thinking of 1:24.

Species i been thinking of haveing him do are Classics, but there for a start.   

I was thinking of having him do a Dynamic depiction of a Spinosaurus Swimming  with a Fish in its mouth and its tail connected to the base.

The second idea is Simply a Featherd T.Rex.    One that i hope he can make look like a Badass

DinoLord

If you commission larger scale models 1:20 (or close to that) would be great. A lot of resin kits and maquettes (like the Sideshow Apatosaurus) are around this scale and display well together.

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoLord on February 15, 2016, 01:46:34 AM
If you commission larger scale models 1:20 (or close to that) would be great. A lot of resin kits and maquettes (like the Sideshow Apatosaurus) are around this scale and display well together.

I'd be good with 1:20, roughly the scale of all my kaiyodo vinyls. the closest larger scale line i have.

Takama

Now im not sure how many models i will have him do. as this will be a pricy endeaver for me.

I am making our first model be a Spinosaurus that is Swimming, only its tail is curved below it attached to the base while it suspends the body in the air. Inside the mouth will be a Prehistoric Fish either mowsonia or Onchopristis.

Similar to this painting that coincidentally is posed in a simalr manner.

The tail will make the model elevated off the base and somewhat to the side., I want the body to be held in the air by the tail.  As an added touch, to show that its under water, i might have the model coverd in a wet looking sheen

Kovu

So kind of like the sideshow mosasaurus?
Sounds cool! Look forward to seeing what ya'll come up with.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Could be neat..certainly haven't seen it done yet

DinoLord

Sounds like a neat idea, though I'd personally hold off from a Spinosaurus model just yet - there's still too much that remains a mystery.

Takama

Well im not a 100% sure about the pose i made for the Spinosaurus. It seems to complex and i wish i could draw it better. So i might just have the model running acrose the bottom of the River like a Hippo, and have a fish it its mouth like that.

A third model i been thinking of is Skorpiovenator

Redonix76

Hi Everyone!!! I'm back from my short Disneyworld Vacation. Too bad I didn't have time to go check out the Universal Jurassic park stuff sad...next time!!

Martin Garratt sent me some shots of what he's done and I love it. He's already shipped it to me so I'm excited to see it in person! I've just added this to my Etsy store and will also Contact Dan to have it on his store. Here's some info:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlueDinos

Hand painted by Martin Garratt - 4 - 6 weeks wait time (depends on how busy he is), free shipping in the US only. $180

Redonix76

PS: Martin Garratt will also be helping me out on future kits so I'm hoping this will help bump up the sales and reputation on my store lol. Thank you for your support and interests guys!! I'll post some progress of the full Regaliceratops sculpt sometimes this week, thanks!

Kayakasaurus

Looks amazing! I can't wait to see your full bodied one! I sculpted one myself, I was surprised they're on the smaller side for Ceratopsians.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dilopho

Even though I've seen the evidence, I find it hard to understand how a human being can make something as awesome as that!

Redonix76

Kayakasaurus, Dobber, Dilopho -  Thank you guys very much for your kind words! Martin really loved my sculpture and he did a great job on it! Now here is some shots of the kit he bought from me. Martin blew me away with what he did, which was raising up the heard and facing it forward in a more aggressive pose. Of course I thought to this pose before but it would have been too tall and I would have had problems putting it in my pressure pot...but here is what he did and it's AMAZING! Anyone can do the same with a bit of epoxy putty. Enjoy!

Martin Garratt's modified and painted version:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: