News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wouldn't mind a 1:40 Edmontosaurus myself...

tanystropheus

Quote from: RolandEden on December 17, 2014, 12:02:47 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 16, 2014, 08:05:39 PM
And the recent talk of ornithopods here on the forum got me thinking that Papo need to do some more. An Iguanodon from them would be nice. It's surprising that they have not done one already considering it's fairly popular as a dinosaur.
This! A new Parasaurolophus. I dont mind of colours are absed in JP. But I want a new one. 2 ornithopods that I really like to see based in WWD movie are Edmontosaurus and Parksosaurus.

I would actually prefer a Saurolophus over a Parasaurolophus from Papo.

triceratops83

As long as they don't base it on the one in BBC's Chased By Dinosaurs - Their only design I didn't like. They just stuck a spike on their Anatotitan form WWD. Looked odd. But yes, a Papo Saurolophus would be fantastic.
Also, apparently there are Edmontosaurus in Jurassic World. We might get one in 2016.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The only reason I would be against a Saurolophus is that a REALLY nice one was already produced in Japan.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2014, 05:45:53 AM
The only reason I would be against a Saurolophus is that a REALLY nice one was already produced in Japan.

one that I probably won't be able to get any time soon  :( :)

tanystropheus

I just picked up the Sideshow Mosasaur (probably my first and last Sideshow...I'm broke). Amazing model. Elegant and actually looks pretty impressive next to..well, pretty much anything ...because of its vertical disposition. Now, I am looking at the Papo Mosasaur. Papo fail  :-[

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2014, 09:07:42 AM
I just picked up the Sideshow Mosasaur (probably my first and last Sideshow...I'm broke). Amazing model. Elegant and actually looks pretty impressive next to..well, pretty much anything ...because of its vertical disposition. Now, I am looking at the Papo Mosasaur. Papo fail  :-[

Yeah thats my favs too, the gesture is amazing. Also i hope papo remake their tylosaurus...

triceratops83

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2014, 09:03:03 AM

Yeah, easily one of the very best hadrosaurs, but not likely available in the foreseeable future. Hopefully Favorite's gonna keep doing limited editions like Conchavenator and Tamba Sauropod. An updated Tsinatosaurus, maybe? From Papo, something more generic is more likely.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tanystropheus

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 17, 2014, 01:59:10 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2014, 09:03:03 AM

From Papo, something more generic is more likely.

After Apatosaurus, Diplodocus and Quetzalcoatlus...Papo is more or less done with generics.

triceratops83

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2014, 07:31:05 PM
After Apatosaurus, Diplodocus and Quetzalcoatlus...Papo is more or less done with generics.

I suppose, but I mean we'd get an Edmontosaurus over say, a Velefrons. They'll still stick to well established genera and not surprise us with a new species like Collecta does. I'm not picking at them, just saying they're playing it safe. Or something.

Centrosaur86

Check Facebook of Everything Dinosaur!!  :D

tyrantqueen

QuoteI suppose, but I mean we'd get an Edmontosaurus over say, a Velefrons. They'll still stick to well established genera and not surprise us with a new species like Collecta does. I'm not picking at them, just saying they're playing it safe. Or something.
Personally I think that once they've run out of popular genera, they'll probably stop making new figures altogether. No toy line lasts forever, anyway.

Maybe they will go back to species they've done in the past and release new sculpts, but I don't see them making obscure species (for example something like Balaur bondoc or Eustreptospondylus). It's just not their style.

Luckily there are still lots of popular species to choose from.

QuoteCheck Facebook of Everything Dinosaur!!
You mean this?

QuoteWe might have some news tomorrow, expecting Papo to give us the go ahead...

kreativtek

Finally!
As if that is not enough, Baptiste Coudert, whom I know from Papo, Schleich, Safari Ltd., CollectA, Mojo a Bullyland animals collecting group on Facebook, said that he went to a toy store in Paris and was told that Papo is cooking up an Apatosaurus figure for 2015 (among other new dinosaurs).

Centrosaur86

Yes Tyrantqueen! And an Apatosaurus for 2015? Great! I hope on a picture tomorrow.  :D :D

CityRaptor

Guess they won't add Diplodocus in 2015 then. Wonder how the Apato will look.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Papo generally just trickles information on their models in Nov, Dec or January (mostly, December)...the fact that this model is given extra attention in the form of "Top Secret" gives the impression that what they are about to reveal is truly majestic...perhaps, the crown jewel of the entire Papo line.

Apatosaurus will probably be given a deluxe treatment (similar to Tyco or Sideshow).

DinoLord

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2014, 11:35:16 PM
Apatosaurus will probably be given a deluxe treatment (similar to Tyco or Sideshow).

I actually wouldn't be surprised if there ended up being some similarities to the Sideshow one. If that's the case it'll make a nice companion piece.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: DinoLord on December 17, 2014, 11:42:34 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2014, 11:35:16 PM

I actually wouldn't be surprised if there ended up being some similarities to the Sideshow one. If that's the case it'll make a nice companion piece.
Specially if they used another sideshow models for other toys like carnotaurus, dilophosaurus or styracosaurus. And I think it will sell like fresh bakery if the next year apatosaurus will be in Jurassic World. Many kids will buy it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

As long as they base it on the Sideshow piece it will be a must buy I think. That one is coveted by so many already.

nobunaga

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: