News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchry6

I do hope that at least one figure that we had asked how forum (in 2013):
- Giganotosaurus;
- Apatosaurus;
Furthermore, in the email that I sent them I had suggested to have available the T-rex brown and redo, or at least repaint, the Triceratops.
We'll see...

:D

Centrosaur86

I do hope that the dinosaurs for 2015 of better quality than the dinosaurs by 2014. And the scale 1: 40 please. The Dilophosaurus is just too big.  ;)

triceratops83

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 11, 2014, 09:58:46 PM
Given the ignorance often displayed by the public, that would not surprise me.

The general public might not know many facts or even the names of Ornithomimids, but they've still been a part of dinosaur pop culture for ever, children's books and they've been in cinema enough - Fantasia, Valley of Gwangi, Planet of Dinosaurs and Jurassic Park. So I think, even just visually, they're pretty recognisable.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

As those ostrich-like guys that always get eaten....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 11, 2014, 01:19:57 PM
Not only is Gallimimus long overdue from them, but it IS featured prominently in the JW trailer - I can see us getting a Papo version soon. As for Microceratus, I'd rather a life size resin kit.

Would you be interested in getting in on a kit version of Microceratus? I'm considering commissioning one for the Park.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had actually thought Struthiomimus or Gallimimus would have been made by Papo by now..I wouldn't mind if it was one of the new piece for next year.

Saurian

I hope gallimimus , сoelofhysis or comsognathus .. little attention has been given to them these species of
Soory,my English is poor

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2014, 05:18:42 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 11, 2014, 01:19:57 PM
Not only is Gallimimus long overdue from them, but it IS featured prominently in the JW trailer - I can see us getting a Papo version soon. As for Microceratus, I'd rather a life size resin kit.

Would you be interested in getting in on a kit version of Microceratus? I'm considering commissioning one for the Park.

Sounds good.  :) Let me know how to go about it, I'm really digging this idea!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

kreativtek

I shamefully admit that I have been spying on Papo's website and various online stores for the past few days, looking for the tiniest clue of what to expect from the company in 2015. I stumbled upon two new fantasy figures and a refreshed model of a wild cow (or maybe it was a hippopotamus, I do not really remember), but there's absolutely no trace of new dinosaurs.

I am very pumped about the updated lineup, because I do not know whether I should buy one of the existing models that I don't have yet, or maybe go for one of the new ones. I can see that some online stores run out of existing figures and have not refilled their stock for a week now, hopefully in preparation for the 2015 collection.

triceratops83

Quote from: kreativtek on December 13, 2014, 09:34:03 AM
I shamefully admit that I have been spying on Papo's website and various online stores for the past few days, looking for the tiniest clue of what to expect from the company in 2015. I stumbled upon two new fantasy figures and a refreshed model of a wild cow (or maybe it was a hippopotamus, I do not really remember), but there's absolutely no trace of new dinosaurs.

I am very pumped about the updated lineup, because I do not know whether I should buy one of the existing models that I don't have yet, or maybe go for one of the new ones. I can see that some online stores run out of existing figures and have not refilled their stock for a week now, hopefully in preparation for the 2015 collection.

STS Forum's usually the first place to post news of new figures. Don't get your hopes up for stores stocking up on new Papo :)) They take forever to turn up.

Daspletodave

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2014, 05:20:27 PM
I had actually thought Struthiomimus or Gallimimus would have been made by Papo by now..I wouldn't mind if it was one of the new piece for next year.
I second your motion - a Papo ornithomimid would be great.

Concavenator

I'm getting a little hyped to see what Papo has in store because we will see the news this week!

DinoG

Bloody marketers they know we are frying in our own juices here, they are going to keep silence as long as possible!
Run!

Concavenator

Quote from: DinoG on December 14, 2014, 08:02:12 PM
Bloody marketers they know we are frying in our own juices here, they are going to keep silence as long as possible!
Well,they CAN'T release information.Otherwise,they'd get in trouble.

stargatedalek

and if they had decided to announce earlier we would have just felt like this earlier ;)

Arul

Is that possible that they will announce new figure after new year ?

SpartanSquat

Well the last year were announced one week before christmas, I hope this week we will get something

tyrantqueen

Complaining about it isn't going to get the toys out any faster. Just saying ;)

And the recent talk of ornithopods here on the forum got me thinking that Papo need to do some more. An Iguanodon from them would be nice. It's surprising that they have not done one already considering it's fairly popular as a dinosaur.

Concavenator

If they are coming up with a theropod next year(Giganotosaurus,Ceratosaurus...),let's hope it doesn't have pronated hands.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 16, 2014, 08:05:39 PM
And the recent talk of ornithopods here on the forum got me thinking that Papo need to do some more. An Iguanodon from them would be nice. It's surprising that they have not done one already considering it's fairly popular as a dinosaur.
This! A new Parasaurolophus. I dont mind of colours are absed in JP. But I want a new one. 2 ornithopods that I really like to see based in WWD movie are Edmontosaurus and Parksosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: