News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

anchry6

Quote from: anchry6 on December 12, 2014, 12:50:02 AM
I do hope that at least one figure that we had asked how forum (in 2013):
- Giganotosaurus;
- Apatosaurus;
Furthermore, in the email that I sent them I had suggested to have available the T-rex brown and redo, or at least repaint, the Triceratops.
We'll see...

:D

Yippee!

:D

Everything_Dinosaur

A bit of cross fertilisation from one manufacturer to another but we were emailed the other day by a dinosaur model collector and a big fan of Papo replicas who suggested displaying a dinosaur skull made by Safari Ltd (dinosaur skull toob) next to the Papo model so that viewers could see a model of a skull adjacent to the dinosaur figure that the skull represents.  We thought this was a great way of showcasing dinosaur replicas, so much so that we wrote a brief article here:Heads Up for Papo Dinosaurs

We would be fascinated to hear how other people have showcased their prehistoric animal collections.

tanystropheus

The snaggletooth V-rex's head is probably not the best to choose for the Safari Ltd. skull juxtaposition project ;) 8)

kreativtek

I'm re-reading Michael Crichton's "The Lost World" now and reached the moment when Levine and Thorne stumble upon T-rex nest. After reading the description of the babies, I immediately thought of Papo models of these dinosaurs. Do any of you have them? Are their sculptures as detailed as the big T-rex? I heard there are some minor paintjob differences between the green and brown figures, especially on the head and around the feet.

CityRaptor

I have the brown one. Yes, it is a pretty detailed figure, even if much smaller than the adults. And they do not look like the novel ones, they look like the one in the movie.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

kreativtek

Thank you, CityRaptor. Do you think this model is worth the money?
I wish it was based on the novel. A fluffy baby T-rex with feathers would be a very intriguing figure.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 21, 2014, 09:52:54 PM
The snaggletooth V-rex's head is probably not the best to choose for the Safari Ltd. skull juxtaposition project ;) 8)
Exactly. The V.rex's dental anatomy does not match up to any Tyrannosaurus specimen. It is completely fictional.

Maybe having teeth like the V.rex's would hamper its ability to hunt properly, and thus it would be eliminated quickly from the gene pool.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2014, 11:34:55 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 21, 2014, 09:52:54 PM
Exactly. The V.rex's dental anatomy does not match up to any Tyrannosaurus specimen. It is completely fictional.

Maybe having teeth like the V.rex's would hamper its ability to hunt properly, and thus it would be eliminated quickly from the gene pool.

I think the stalking Papo Rex just has a preference for eating Ankylosaurs..hence the choppers. lol

kreativtek

Am I the only one around here whose Velociraptor (second version) cannot stand on its own? It keeps falling on its head.

tanystropheus

Quote from: kreativtek on January 19, 2015, 06:41:41 PM
Am I the only one around here whose Velociraptor (second version) cannot stand on its own? It keeps falling on its head.

How is that even possible, lol?  It is in a relatively centered squat position that is near-tripod.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 20, 2015, 05:10:07 AM

How is that even possible, lol?  It is in a relatively centered squat position that is near-tripod.
Unless you're trying to balance it on its feet without the aid of its tail. I could see that being a problem.

Meso-Cenozoic

I took my Allosaurus down last night to look at its color patterns because someone was mentioning they were disappointed in theirs. (BTW, the colors on mine blend down the neck quite nicely.) Anyway and sadly, I discovered he was no longer standing on his own. For I don't know how long now, he's been cheating on me and leaning slightly against his Papo Stegosaurus bud. That's right. They're buds. They must be. Al has never shown the slightest sign of wanting to take a bite out of Stego, and they have always been right next to each other from the beginning, ever since Al joined Stego. ;)  Hehe! I did use the hot/cold water treatment on him, and so far he's standing again on his own. So far!

kreativtek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 20, 2015, 05:19:37 AM

Unless you're trying to balance it on its feet without the aid of its tail. I could see that being a problem.

To tell you the truth, it won't even lean on its tail. I can balance it on just the feet and it will stay in that position, but only for a couple of seconds. Apparently my Velociraptor is the laziest dinosaur.

Roselaar

Not necessarily. In my experience, the Raptor doesn't lean on its tail, it's slightly raised. My original Raptor can stand fine on its legs, but the repaint version has a tendency to fall down face forwards, which I also often see in stores. The balance in this figure leaves something to be desired.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur Facebook contains some more pics of the 2015 Papo dinosaurs (also Schleich).

See the pics on our Facebook page here: Everything Dinosaur on Facebook

Arul

Thank you Everything Dinosaur for the info  :D what a stunning figures...

Dobber

The Hanks for the pictures and I the info ED.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

pylraster

Regarding that Papo T.rex dentition, I've always wondered if someone had already decided to do a head or at least jaw swap of the "standing" one to the "running"version. With Rebor's rex already out, I can already imagine what it is, still I wonder what Papo would do with a third Tyrannosaur.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: pylraster on January 24, 2015, 05:02:41 PM
Regarding that Papo T.rex dentition, I've always wondered if someone had already decided to do a head or at least jaw swap of the "standing" one to the "running"version. With Rebor's rex already out, I can already imagine what it is, still I wonder what Papo would do with a third Tyrannosaur.

Hopefully not base it on King Kong designs.. lol  I could see them doing a third one based on the new Sideshow Rex eventually. It would be their most accurate one if so.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: