News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Since when was a leak top secret :P
By its very definition it should be the opposite I would think.

Something about it just doesn't feel very Papo, or very Baryonyx for that matter (to me it looks like a Suchomimus).

Dilopho

Quote from: alexeratops on December 04, 2015, 02:01:19 PM

Possible Baryonyx leak?
]
No, this is clipart! Just search baryonyx or suchomimus on google images!

DinoLord

That reminds me of the Suchomimus model that was in the Dorling Kindersley books I read as a kid. I doubt it's a leak.

Dilopho

Even if it was fake, it would be a cool model to take inspiration from for Papo. The cheap clipart is actually pretty accurate for what it is.

kreativtek

That image comes from a video posted on Dan's Dinosaurs YouTube channel. It is not a picture of an actual figure, more like video thumbnail. Official photos of new Papo dinosaurs should be posted any day now. I can't wait!

Blade-of-the-Moon

"sigh"  did we all forget about Dan's dinosaur model line?  It includes that very Suchomimus, all one need do is search his site : http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/suchomimus-resin-kit-by-dans-dinosaurs/

kreativtek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 04, 2015, 06:46:54 PM
"sigh"  did we all forget about Dan's dinosaur model line?  It includes that very Suchomimus, all one need do is search his site : http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/suchomimus-resin-kit-by-dans-dinosaurs/

Exactly. By the way, have you guys seen this picture of Papo's feathered Oviraptor? I found on the same forum where the interview with Papo sculptor was originally posted. Sorry if it's old, it looks very exciting to me.

MLMjp

Quote from: kreativtek on December 04, 2015, 06:55:56 PM

Exactly. By the way, have you guys seen this picture of Papo's feathered Oviraptor? I found on the same forum where the interview with Papo sculptor was originally posted. Sorry if it's old, it looks very exciting to me.

I think that is a custom from a member of this forum, or maybe one of the old forum

stargatedalek

If only it were real, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on December 04, 2015, 06:59:49 PM

I think that is a custom from a member of this forum, or maybe one of the old forum

Yes it is a custom by Forum Member Himmapaan (posted in the old forum). Picture links seems to be broken.
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3379/himmapaans-customs-nots-dk-rex?page=3

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

CityRaptor

So "leaked" fake info again.

Quote from: Dilopho on December 04, 2015, 05:23:45 PM
Even if it was fake, it would be a cool model to take inspiration from for Papo. The cheap clipart is actually pretty accurate for what it is.

Back in the 90s they used actual models. This seems to be a model, too.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Plasticbeast95

Ugh, another naked-head Theropod. People, if your going to feather your Theropods, go all out with it. Not every Theropod needs to look like a vulture. I know this is a custom, and a rather good one at that, excluding the head. But still.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on December 04, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
Ugh, another naked-head Theropod. People, if your going to feather your Theropods, go all out with it. Not every Theropod needs to look like a vulture. I know this is a custom, and a rather good one at that, excluding the head. But still.

Interestingly, I have just been thinking about 'going all out' with custom feathering a Papo running rex. Both because I think it could look great, and because I'd like to cover up it's really gaunt anatomy while preserving it's posture.

tyrantqueen

Its head still resembles something that doesn't exist in real life though.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 04, 2015, 08:19:55 PM

That could be said of every current reconstruction of any dinosaur.

FistyCuffs

I fail to see how it's a "naked-head theropod". It has feathers all the way up to just behind its eye. The crest and beak are featherless because, quite frankly, they're supposed to be. It actually has more feathering than its bony-crested counterpart of today. Cassowary feathers(for the most part) end at the base of the neck and don't get anywhere near the face.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: DinoLord on December 04, 2015, 05:17:56 PM
That reminds me of the Suchomimus model that was in the Dorling Kindersley books I read as a kid. I doubt it's a leak.

The blue one with yellow jaws?

Shonisaurus

I do not like a baryonyx is rather a suchomimus, no scales on its back.

The baryonyx not usually have a slight crest on the back. It is more like recreations of suchomimus.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 04, 2015, 08:15:54 PM

Interestingly, I have just been thinking about 'going all out' with custom feathering a Papo running rex. Both because I think it could look great, and because I'd like to cover up it's really gaunt anatomy while preserving it's posture.

That sounds like it would be cool, the Running rex is a good figure on its own (although sadly I do not own it), but it suffers from "shrink wrap-itis", especially on the arms and head.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 04, 2015, 08:19:55 PM

Why? Animals can and do suffer from teeth malalignments, whether through injury or congenital defects. I have an incisor that is slightly further back than the rest :D I don't think its that far out there to think that the Running Rex had dental issues through out its life.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: