News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World - New For 2016

Started by suspsy, January 03, 2016, 04:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

I'm probably going to get some of them too.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll get the Owen figure, hopefully with a similar scaled Blue.

The Carnoraptor has my attention..and the paint on the Velociraptor is pretty cool. I'll have to wait til I see it on a shelf to determine if that's enough to buy it though. The rest looks like passes. As a general rule I don't like repaints.

I was hoping that maybe finally we would get the unreleased Carnotaurus and Stegosaurus. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2016, 12:50:07 AM
https://youtu.be/OfDRM3sfXiQ

interesting action feature

I don't see how kids are going to like it, thats a pretty boring action feature if you ask me... If I do happen to get it, it will only be for its looks...
I am the Dinosaur King!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

alexeratops

That Indominus rex in the last picture looks like its wearing battle armor... cool.
The spinosaurus, stegoceratops, and carnoraptor though...

Exactly the same.

Rather close.

Similar.

And not to mention...

It seems Hasbro has realized the popularity of Jurassic World the Game. Thanks, TheGamingBeaver.
like a bantha!

laticauda

alexeratops

Quote from: laticauda on February 14, 2016, 01:57:38 AM
Hasbro is so Lazy.

Well, the familiar designs will make the toys sell better.
like a bantha!

laticauda

Quote from: alexeratops on February 14, 2016, 02:04:23 AM
Quote from: laticauda on February 14, 2016, 01:57:38 AM
Hasbro is so Lazy.

Well, the familiar designs will make the toys sell better.
I guess, but I would have liked to see original sculpts, not retreads. 

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on February 14, 2016, 01:56:33 AM
That Indominus rex in the last picture looks like its wearing battle armor... cool.

Exactly the same.

Rather close.

Similar.

And not to mention...

It seems Hasbro has realized the popularity of Jurassic World the Game. Thanks, TheGamingBeaver.

Well, he got what he wanted! And they don't look too bad in my opinion.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 14, 2016, 01:46:07 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2016, 12:50:07 AM
https://youtu.be/OfDRM3sfXiQ

interesting action feature

I don't see how kids are going to like it, thats a pretty boring action feature if you ask me... If I do happen to get it, it will only be for its looks...

One of the items I can't keep on the shelves in our gift shop are the little plastic handheld dinosaurs with moving/biting jaws..the heads are oversized to make this feature more appealing, no lights and sounds or anything else as the I-Rex here has  and I can't keep em' around.  So it must be what the kids want.   With all the other features it will be as popular as the first release at least I would bet.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Dilopho

♪   All I wanna do, ♪   
♪   Is see a pic of you,♪   
Pteramimus, pteramimus....♪   

Dilopho

AcroSauroTaurus

Why is it that Hasbro is only lazy with the Jurassic World figures? Well anyway, the new paint jobs based off the game don't look bad. However, Carnoraptor is lacking in a lot of detail, they didn't bother to fix the screwhole problem, and thats not how you make a Dilophosaurus rex... its like they said "hmm, how do we make a Dilophosaurus rex? Oh, lets just put crests and a frill on a Tyrannosaurus, they'll never know." At least they made a new head sculpt to fix the jaw articulation on the Dilophosaurus rex. And I personally love the new head sculpt on the Stegoceratops, it looks so much cooler. And I see they elongated the Spinos tail.(slightly)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Gwangi

laticauda

Quote from: Gwangi on February 15, 2016, 02:34:00 AM
That Ankylosaurus look familiar.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.   :)

alexeratops

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 14, 2016, 02:17:15 AM

Exactly the same.

Rather close.

Similar.

And not to mention...

I didn't say they looked bad. ;)
like a bantha!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on February 15, 2016, 04:40:03 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 14, 2016, 02:17:15 AM

Exactly the same.

Rather close.

Similar.

And not to mention...

I didn't say they looked bad. ;)

I know, I was just saying that I didn't think they are as bad as the first figures.
I am the Dinosaur King!

LophoLeeVT

now that i see the dilophosaurus rex this is really disappointing. still nice!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: