News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Art inspired by figures

Started by Horridus, May 17, 2012, 06:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Stumbled across this chap online, I'm not sure who made it, but it's definitely modeled on the Schleich Tyrannosaurus!

Kayakasaurus

That's a pretty neat Rex! I found another thing based off of the Schleich Rex. There was also a stegosaurus and triceratops that were clearly based on Schleich. They were 99ยข, and I got the trike. Always fun to find new dinosaur stuff!

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Dilopho

Jose S.M.

I see wild safari Rhamphorynchus, Papo raptor, Stegosaurus and Ankylosaurus, those Brachiosaurus look like Papo ones too, and the Dimetrodon. The Triceratops, Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus look too generic I can't place them, maybe the trike is like the Papo since that's a very generic trike toy.

Sim

The Rhamphorhynchus does look like the Wild Safari one.  The Ankylosaurus with the absurdly inaccurate scorpion tail looks like the Papo, or the Jurassic World Ankylosaurus (this one).  The Tyrannosaurus and the dromaeosaurids look like they are based on designs used for them in the Jurassic Park franchise.  Maybe they were based on Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor figures by Papo, but if so those Papo figures are nearly identical copies of Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor from the Jurassic Park franchise.

Roselaar

The only one I see that are obvious to me is the Safari Rhamphorhynchus, JW Ankylosaurus (not enough detail for the Papo specimen) and a Spinosaurus plucked straight from JP III.

Dilopho

Dilopho

Patrx

That one is a rather mismatched union of the Papo running rex with Raul Lunia's Tyrannosaurus:

And the forelimbs of an agamid:

Dilopho

Dinosaur Guide from Minted

Velociraptor Charlie by Hasbro JW

T. rex from Art Agency

Papo T. rex. It may be hard to see, but if you have the figure, look at it from the front. If I hadn't been studying mine this morning I wouldn't have noticed.

Barclays poster

Papo T. rex

Sim

Quote from: Dilopho on October 22, 2016, 05:00:25 PM

Dinosaur Guide from Minted

The Triceratops looks like the most recent Wild Safari Triceratops.

Pachyrhinosaurus

The mamenchisaurus and euoplocephalus in the barclay's poster look like they have the color schemes of the Dinosaurs of China and Battat models respectively.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dilopho

CityRaptor

Oh hey. The Carnegie T.rex has preyed on a Schleich Torosaurus..there is also a DVD cover with that pic.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on November 02, 2016, 04:53:39 PM

Wow, I can only marvel at the immense will power they must have needed to resist using the Papo rex... fair play to them.

CityRaptor

Check out the pictures!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Jersey-Stoff-Dinos-Dinosaurier-Dino-Tiere-grn-blau-Kinderstoff-Meterware-22053-/182346034643
Nearly the same as
Quote from: Dilopho on October 15, 2016, 04:32:38 PM

Can you see it?  ^-^

They however added the Schleich Tyrannosaurus  in both, green and gold.
Oh no

Dilopho

Silvanusaurus

What am I even seeing here?

CityRaptor

Looks like it could be a Jumping Jack.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: