News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Art inspired by figures

Started by Horridus, May 17, 2012, 06:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Quote from: Dilopho on September 11, 2015, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 28, 2014, 07:29:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this:

The signature is hard to read. Who painted this? It's kind of like the Triceratops of Luis V. Ray. I like the scavenging idea, deer do that too!

Did I miss something? Since when were Triceratops omnivores? I feel dumb now

Viking Spawn

That Tyrannosaur artwork is cool!  The one leaned over to the right of the pic reminds me a little of another classic art image from an older "fossil" hand-held book I used to have.  The publisher escapes me mind at the moment.

tyrantqueen

QuoteDid I miss something? Since when were Triceratops omnivores? I feel dumb now
It's not proven or anything. It's just speculation based on the idea that extant herbivores today will, on rare occasions, consume small amounts of meat to get protein.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 10, 2015, 06:57:01 PM
QuoteDid I miss something? Since when were Triceratops omnivores? I feel dumb now
It's not proven or anything. It's just speculation based on the idea that extant herbivores today will, on rare occasions, consume small amounts of meat to get protein.
I haven't heard it mentioned in depth in some time, but I do recall there being more to it than that. I can't speak for this particular painting but I believe the idea of omnivorous ceratopsians was based on stronger evidence for omnivory in pachycephalosaurs and that a strong bill is a pretty multipurpose structure well suited to many diets.

alexeratops

Quote from: Tapejara1122 on September 16, 2015, 04:55:46 AM
Wow... poor children... :'(

From the Creation Museum. Note how the answer just says "the earth is thousands of years old so it can't be millions of years old"
Thats like saying " its a triangle therefore illuminati"
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

What does creationism have to do with the topic?

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Polihierax

Did I miss something? Since when were Triceratops omnivores? I feel dumb now
[/quote]

The omnivorous Triceratops painting is from Cheung Chung Tat.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 11, 2015, 02:41:27 AM
What does creationism have to do with the topic?
I think it was in addition to the side topic of sad excuses for education, which had already died off so I agree it felt rather spontaneous and out of place.
Quote from: raptor64870 on October 11, 2015, 05:57:13 AM
http://orig01.deviantart.net/19d2/f/2012/116/1/7/triceratops_lane_by_cheungchungtat-d4xlwka.jpg
what the.......
is this supposed to be a joke?
Nope! And if you think about it they would be well suited to omnivory.

Plasticbeast95

Ok guys, honest question, which of these came first...?

https://www.toyco.co.nz/products/550/schleich-therizinosaurus-1.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5CI988Cy6Qo/U-jibVjnIbI/AAAAAAAADu0/qCg__PxAYz4/s1600/therizinosaurus_cheloniformis.gif

the positions and body shapes are slightly different, but they share the same color scheme, and are the same species.

CityRaptor

Pretty sure the art is from a book predating that model. I think even from the 2000s...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

The art is definitely from the 2000s; I remember seeing that piece and others from the same artist on various dinosaur websites and google image searches as a kid 8 or so years ago.

Plasticbeast95

so its a case of figure inspiring art then?

Sim

Plasticbeast95

Plasticbeast95

Sim

Pachyrhinosaurus

I found this while looking for pumpkin carving ideas:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Gonna reveal myself as a noob here and ask if there's a thread for dinosaur themed pumpkin carvings or other halloween decorations. Like i said, i'm kind of new to the forum, so if a thread already exists, could somebody please direct me to it.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: