News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Vintage & Modern Dinosaur Collection (New items coming soon)

Started by Archinto, January 05, 2016, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Hello everyone! I just recently discovered this site and figured I would share my collection with you all. I like vintage dinosaurs but do collect some modern ones if they are worthy of my wallet. Something about the older funky dinosaurs just makes me smile. I'm always looking for interesting vintage dinosaurs, so please contact me if you have any old funky dinos you wish to part ways with.

I'm going to do my best to keep this topic organized so that each post showcases a certain collection. I'll add future finds and such to each categorized post and update the top post of new stuff when it gets major edits. I have a lot of dinosaurs..... way more than you see here... rawwrrrr :3 So don't forget to check back occasionally for updates! Each post with sorted collections is listed in the index by post number.

I am going to add a huge update soon, stay tuned![/i][/b] (last updated 10/15/2017) Ill be adding more figures soon in the next update!

TOPIC INDEX

J.H. Miller Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Mammals - post #1
Custom Lego Bionicle Dino-Riders - post #6
Custom Repaints, Vintage Chinasaurs & Sandbox Dinosaurs - Post #10
Unique and Large Dinosaurs (subject to change) - Post #15
Orsenigo Dinosaurs - Post #16
Inpro Dinosaurs, HG Dinosaur Warriors & Marvel Trading Corp. Dinosaurs - Post #19
Resaurus Carnage & Wild Adventure Dinosaurs - Post #20
Artistic Dinosaur Figures & Classic Windups - Post #29
Thunder Beasts by Skykids/Multi Toy - Post #35
Random 90's 00's & newer Dinosaurs -  Post #47
Stone, Metal, Porcelain and Other Types of unbranded/uncommon Figurines - Post #51
John P. Fischner Apatosaurus (prior to arrival at my house) - Post #61
SRG & Alva Studios Dinosaurs from the 40's/50's, 60's/70's - Post #80
Dragons and Monsters - Post #82
Starlux Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Creatures, Vintage & Modern Souvenir Blow Mold Dinosaurs - Post #83
Monochrome Dinosaurs, British Museum/Invicta Dinosaurs - Post #101
Dino-Riders - Post #105
Paleo Art - Post #122
Models and Kits - Post#130
Dino Brites Dolls and Figures - Post #131
John P Fischner Prehistoric Sculptures post #143
Tsukuda Dinosaurs post #156 
Definitely Dinosaurs by Playskool  post #162 

"J.H. Miller Dinosaurs"

For starts I'll share my collection of J.H. Millers. Most have some repairs but are overall in very good condition for their age. The Dimetrodon is my one perfect model and I loves him!

J.H. Miller Dimetrodon by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Dimetrodon by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Tyrannosaurus & Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Tyrannosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Ramphorynchus by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

And my Mammals...

J.H. Miller Megatherium by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Coelodonta by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Wooly Mammoth by Archinto, on Flickr

J.H. Miller Smilodon by Archinto, on Flickr

I'll post some more dinosaurs soon :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Archinto

Thank you! I find my dinosaurs out in the wild at garage sales and thrift stores, occasionally purchasing new ones that are worthy or valuable. I rescued these guys from Value Village and paid about $8 for the lot of them. I had also gotten an Orsenigo triceratops at the same time. I sold it not realizing what it was for pennies on the dollar for its actual value. I think I'll be sick about that until I find another one... Hopefully someone here can help me with that.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Halichoeres

Quote from: Archinto on January 05, 2016, 08:48:31 AM
I had also gotten an Orsenigo triceratops at the same time. I sold it not realizing what it was for pennies on the dollar for its actual value. I think I'll be sick about that until I find another one... Hopefully someone here can help me with that.

Ouch :(

Nice shots of the Millers, though! We don't see enough of the vintage figures around here.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archinto

Yeah im not so big a fan ofthe new models and such. While they are awesome and super detailed something about the sculpts of the older figures intruigues me. The more scientifically innacurate the better! Screaming open mouth large chinasaurs are also a favorite as well as older dormei toys. Ive got a lot from imperials dragons knights and daggers series as well as some defenders of the galaxy monsters. Granted they arent dinosaurs but they are an important part of my collection :) ive got a lot of jurassic park stuff too and a bunch of Dino Riders too. I build insane things out of lego bionicle pieces and have taken on building the dino riders to fit 7" tall figures. Ill post the Monoclonius ive finished here, and also the pteranodon which is lacking armor at this time.

Archinto

"Lego Bionicle Dino-Riders Custom Models"

My own creation, Lego Bionicle Dino-Riders Monoclonius with Mako. The armaments and saddle are poseable as well as the dinosaurs legs. Mako is fully poseable. The Monoclonius has a head ramming action you can watch in the flickr album.
Dino Riders Monoclonius by Archinto, on Flickr

Monoclonius with Mako by Archinto, on Flickr

Jetoar

Oooooh a Dino-rider make it with Lego  :o. You are talented friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Halichoeres

That's so cool! Maybe the Dino Riders license should go to Lego and Lego should hire you to design it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archinto

If they really do create a new dino riders movie like the rumors say I sure hope that lego gets the license. The folks there have seen a lot of my work and itd be a veeeery expensive set to make like that! Probably cost the customer a couple grand... o_O

A neat thought tho! Im working on the t rex and it will be controlled by lego robotics. Massive.

Ill post photos of my invictas next and maybe some screaming chinasaurs! I have a very special vintage  rubber t rex to share too.

Archinto

Custom Repaints, Vintage Chinasaurs & Sandbox Dinosaurs"

RECENT ADDITIONS: AAA Original Dinosaur Set

To start this post I'll share a pair of JP pack raptors that I custom painted. These two are one of my best repaints I've done so far.

Custom Painted JP Pack Raptors by Archinto, on Flickr
Custom Painted JP Pack Raptors by Archinto, on Flickr

JP Chasmosaurus WIP, the paint is only about 1/4 through the painting process. This photo will be updated as the project progresses.
Work in progress jp chasmosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Here's some awesome 1979 vintage Imperial screaming chinasaurs. Screaming style open mouth chinasaurs are a real favorite of mine. Especia
lly the hadrosaurs and stego-T. rex figures.

Screaming chinasaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

Some old Hong Kong and China Dormei dinosaurs. The molding differences on the ankylosaurs are huge regarding quality between the older and newer releases of the Dormei dinosaurs. I have more of these in storage.
Dormei and other by Archinto, on Flickr
Dormei Hong Kong and Dormei China by Archinto, on Flickr

1977 Imperial Ankylosaurus

1977 Imperial Ankylosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr
1977 Imperial Ankylosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

70's unmarked Hong Kong Brontosaurus

70's Hong Kong Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr
70's Hong Kong Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Vintage Original Imperial Hong Kong mini dinosaurs

Early Imperial Mini Dinosaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

AAA Original Hong Kong Dinosaur set

Original AAA Hong Kong set of six Dinosaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

Enjoy! I will post some more in the near future!

Roselaar

Wow, that DR Lego model is exquisite! Lovely collection too. :)

Doug Watson

Very nice collection, I especially like your JH Miller collection and I am pleased someone as young as you is interested in the old toys. I still haven't been able to get the Miller T rex or Smilodon for less than a King's ransom. Very envious of that Smilodon. My collection starts in the 40s as well and even though I am 50s vintage I only started building my collection around 2000 buying back what I had or what I wish I had. Good luck finding more oldies.

Archinto

Thank you so much! I was super pleased when I found those millers out there in the wild. Im glad i rescued them before some kid got em..... I just wish i had known to keep the orsenigo triceratops before selling it away for pennies tonits real value. Still will always feel sick about that. Naturally tue buyer didnt want to relinquish it back to me.... go figure. Pays to research harder........ my heartbreaking loss :'(
Id love to get my hands on some pieces and parts to properly repair my smilodons rear foot. I did the restoration repairs seen here other than the original owners brown silicone repairs. That hole in the brontos back was a doozie but it closed up nicely. I found a way to fix their unglueable plastic without havng to melt anything together. I hope to find more oldies. I have an orsenigo ankylosaurus showing up real soon, so i am eager to hold it and admire how flippin beautifully ugly he is! Ill post him side by side to his marvel counterpart here :) getting that bad boi inspired me to start on my DR ankylosaurus. The head is looking awesome right now!

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Archinto

"Unique and Large Dinosaurs"

Here's a 1978 solid rubber Tyrannosaurus rex. I'd like to find the original cast of this from hong kong. This is a recast from china.
1978 Solid Rubber T-Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino-Riders Brontosaurus. I'm currently seeking armaments for this guy.
Dino-Riders Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Definitely Dinosaurs Brachiosaurus. I intend on completing this bad boi some day.
Definitely Dinosaurs Brachiosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Archinto

"Orsenigo Dinosaurs"

Recent Additions: Triceratops, brontosaurus, two stegosaurus, and new photos of existing bronto repaired

Orsenigo Ankylosaurus. This is an impeccable model, and has completely hardened.

Orsenigo Ankylosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Here he is with his Marvel trading corp. knockoff buddy....

Orsenigo Ankylosaurus with Marvel Trading Corp. Knockoff by Archinto, on Flickr

The old guy has a bit of a disgusted expression there..... Lol

This fella has had a tough life. The neck has a really bad bent crease in it, and it was smashed flat. Suprisingly, the rubber is still pliable on this guy. I was amazed I was able to get him back into shape, as he was flattened a bit when he showed up. I am so happy Anky has one of his friends to chill with! I've done some restoration work on the old bronto and gotten the neck to stand up without wraps, and the rubber is beginning to harden up and hold shape. :)

Brontosaurus (my first one, still supple)

Orsenigo Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Orsenigo Brontosaurus (pre final repair), shown with his knockoff Marvel Trading corp. buddy...

Orsenigo and Marvel Trading corp Brontosaurus' by Archinto, on Flickr

Theres a considerable size difference between them, and the Marvel is posed opposite.

Here is my recently acquired bronto. It has a fair bit of restoration in the chest and base of the neck area, as well as a coat of color. The rubber is totally hardened.

Triceratops, in impeccable, still supple condition!

Orsenigo Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

With his marvel trading corp. knockoff buddy...

Orsenigo triceratops with marvel trading knockoff by Archinto, on Flickr

Stegosaurus. I managed to get two of these and they have different belly stamps, and slight variations. The thicker looking model has had the two large plates replaced. They've both had some paint touchup on the plates in the past. Still so rare to find!

Orsenigo Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

The "Made Italy" version, totally hardened

The "Orsenigo Made Italy" version still has supple rubber

And their belly stamps

And with his knockoff buddy...

Orsenigo stegosaurus with marvel trading knockoff by Archinto, on Flickr

Libraraptor

Hello and welcome! I´m very pleased to see another vintage lover around, with a preference for chinasaurs and LEGO and Dinoriders. "The good, the old and the ugly"  :) What a strange and interesting approach! Your J.H. Miller stuff is very very cool! Have you seen for which prices they go? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xj+h+miller.TRS0&_nkw=j+h+miller&_sacat=0
:o :o

Archinto

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 08, 2016, 09:57:59 PM
Hello and welcome! I´m very pleased to see another vintage lover around, with a preference for chinasaurs and LEGO and Dinoriders. What a strange and interesting approach! Your J.H. Miller stuff is very very cool! Have you seen for which prices they go? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xj+h+miller.TRS0&_nkw=j+h+miller&_sacat=0
:o :o

Ooh yes I know what they fetch indeed! I feel fortunate I got mine for cheap, even tho they have repairs. I feel like I don't need to spend the big bucks for them. They are common enough while still being very rare to find them.

I like the older chinasaurs for sure. The styling is really unique. I had an old AAA triceratops but let it go. Those ones are a little more meh... Unless I ended up finding a whole set or something :) I've got world renown for my Lego creations. Many of them are on my flickr page where my dinosaurs are posted. One of them even ended up on cheezburger haha!

Archinto

"Inpro Dinosaurs, HG Dinosaur Warriors & Marvel Trading Corp. Dinosaurs"

RECENT ADDITIONS: HG Dinosaur Warriors Brontosaurus, and miniature dinosaur figures!

Another round of awesome oldies!

1972 Inpro Tyrannosaurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

1972 Inpro Dinosaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors late 1980's dinosaur toys with articulation and lever action mouths. The minis are not so mini at 4"

Tyrannosaurus

1987 HG Dinosaur Warriors Tyrannosurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

Stegosaurus

HG Dinosaur Warriors Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

imageHG Dinosaur Warriors Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Triceratops

HG Dinosaur Warriors Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

Brontosaurus

HG Dinosaur Warriors Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Mini 4" figures and Cavemen

Tyrannosaurus Rex

HG Dinosaur Warriors Tyrannosaurus-Rex Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Tyrannosaurus-Rex Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

Stegosaurus

HG Dinosaur Warriors Stegosaurus Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Stegosaurus Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

Dimetrodon

HG Dinosaur Warriors Dimetrodon Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Dimetrodon Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

Triceratops

HG Dinosaur Warriors Triceratops Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Triceratops Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

Ankylosaurus

HG Dinosaur Warriors Ankylosaurus Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

HG Dinosaur Warriors Ankylosaurus Mini by Archinto, on Flickr

Cavemen

HG Dinosaur Warriors Cavemen by Archinto, on Flickr

And for some of the fugliest of the bunch.... My Marvel Trading Corp. Dinosaurs

Marvel Trading Corporation Dimetrodon by Archinto, on Flickr

Marvel Trading Corporation Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Marvel Trading Corporation Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

Marvel Trading Corporation Tyrannosaurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

Marvel Trading Corporation Ankylosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Marvel Trading Corporation Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: