News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Vintage & Modern Dinosaur Collection (New items coming soon)

Started by Archinto, January 05, 2016, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Oh thats awesome, I'll update that! Thanks for the info. I had never seen them before. :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

An amazing Apatosaurus by John Fischner in the 1980's

I'll have better photos when I go retrieve him in October.

Apatosaurus by John Fischner by Archinto, on Flickr

He has some minor damage but thats to be expected for something so old and fragile. I can't wait to set him up in my house!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Silvanusaurus

Archinto

I am not sure. I think it is an air dry stone type or semi polymer clay. I havent seen it in person yet. Its in Seattle and my friend is going to pick it up and hold on to it for me until I get down there for my next trip for Brickcon. The seller had two more amazing sculptures by the same artist that I hope to be able to get as well if they are still available after fishing season.

Blade-of-the-Moon

John does some awesome work. Congrats! here's his facebook page if interested : https://www.facebook.com/john.fischner

Viking Spawn

An amazing piece!  Looks like something out of an old exhibit!

Archinto

Ah man, thanks for the info BotM. I added him. Hopefully He will accept my request so I can chat with him about this apato a little bit. I looked at a gallery of his works and was absolutely stunned! The lambeosaurus getting attacked by a pack of deinonychus is surely one of my favorites of his.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome!  He used to do custom work too, i recall seeing his marine reptiles that were epic in a letter he wrote me back.  He also did an article in PT about sculpting a JP Raptor vs Barney..lol

Archinto

I added a bunch of new additions to my vintage Chinasaurs, Thunder Beasts, non toy figures and HG Dinosaur Warriors. Check em out!

Silvanusaurus

I just managed to buy the Thunder Beasts large Pachycephalosaurus and Stegosaurus together the other day, wouldn't have even known about them without seeing your collection, so just wanted to say thanks!  :))

Archinto

Ah man, I am a bit envious Silvanusaurus! How did you manage to find them? I've been looking all over.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Archinto on February 06, 2016, 04:31:31 PM
Ah man, I am a bit envious Silvanusaurus! How did you manage to find them? I've been looking all over.

It was pretty lucky actually, I came across them on a general 'dinosaur toy' search on ebay UK, and the listing title didn't actually say the brand or line they were from, or even the species, it just described them very vaguely as ' 2 large dinosaur toys', presumably the seller didn't know what they were. I recognised the style of them from seeing your pictures, but wasn't certain until I looked them up, and I immediately snapped them up before anyone else came across them! 8)
I've never seen them show up in the UK before, but I've only recently been keeping an eye out for them. I'll post pictures in my collection thread when I receive them...

Archinto

Thats awesome and a good find indeed! Were they in the uk? I search ebay all the time for odd dinosaurs and didnt see them, otherwise itd be me putting them in my collection!! HAHA :) I'm happy you found some tho, those figs are awesome. I remember the stegosaurus from childhood and always thought it looked a little goofy, but cool.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Archinto on February 06, 2016, 05:14:32 PM
Thats awesome and a good find indeed! Were they in the uk? I search ebay all the time for odd dinosaurs and didnt see them, otherwise itd be me putting them in my collection!! HAHA :) I'm happy you found some tho, those figs are awesome. I remember the stegosaurus from childhood and always thought it looked a little goofy, but cool.

Yeah they were in the UK, though I'd mainly been looking for them from US sellers.

Archinto

I wouldn't doubt they were sold in the UK back then. Thats awesome you found them close to you, otherwise shipping could have been haenous! :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Were you still looking for a big Thunderbeasts Pachy? I have two of them I pulled from the Park as we were cleaning up last weekend. They used to be baby Pachy's ( one of the most beautiful sculpts if not the best of the entire line I think) we used here in the Park, but considering young were likely much different  than the adult, I may just sculpt a Dracorex at some point so I have these two here as extras. They aren't super clean and the paint is faded. I can get pics if you want. 

Archinto

I'd definitely be interested in seeing them. I dont have a pachy yet. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Archinto on February 07, 2016, 03:11:23 AM
I'd definitely be interested in seeing them. I dont have a pachy yet. :)

Ill snap a couple pics in a bit then and post them up, or Ican email you?

Archinto

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: