News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. - New for 2016

Started by Halichoeres, January 20, 2016, 05:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

Does anybody have any news regarding new "soft model" releases? This is the series that I enjoy most by Kinto.

Unless you are only looking for fish, Chad, there was an Archelon "soft model" released by Kinto last year. A gentle giant of the Western Interior Seaway. I have it and it's very good.

Of course, there are many nice Mosasaur figurines available these days, too.

SBell

We do know things! Primitive fishes! From the ATF

Quote from: brontodocus on March 08, 2016, 02:05:20 PM
Nicked from Favorite's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Favorite-CoLtd%E6%A0%AA%E5%BC%8F%E4%BC%9A%E7%A4%BE%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7%E3%83%90%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-480725025338637/

:o 8)

Edit: Merged my topic with Sean's who was just two minutes quicker than me. But aren't they awesome? 8)

Okay, not technically prehistoric. But I could not be more excited....

ItsTwentyBelow

Thank you, I did see these on the previous page  ^-^

They are very nice, but yes I'm wondering about prehistorics. I can only assume they will continue with the carded vinyl prehistoric figures. I'd welcome some new dinosaur entries, but keep the more obscure extinct beasts coming! The Anomalocaris, Dunkleosteus, Archelon and Dimetrodon limbatus they've released are exceptional, and I still need that Opabinia!

SBell

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on March 08, 2016, 10:38:46 PM
Thank you, I did see these on the previous page  ^-^

They are very nice, but yes I'm wondering about prehistorics. I can only assume they will continue with the carded vinyl prehistoric figures. I'd welcome some new dinosaur entries, but keep the more obscure extinct beasts coming! The Anomalocaris, Dunkleosteus, Archelon and Dimetrodon limbatus they've released are exceptional, and I still need that Opabinia!

Well, many people here may appreciate the primitive fish as well!

And of the existing prehistorics, I would recommend the C. megalodon as well--it still, unfortunately, has the great-white-shark paint job, but it's a nice model.

ItsTwentyBelow

Yep, I plan on getting it and the Opabinia together.

Viking Spawn

Those fish look amazing!  I need to find my fishing pole already!!!!

Digibasherx

Tsk tsk, primitive fishes, no lungfish... 

They look fantastic though :P

SBell

Quote from: Digibasherx on March 22, 2016, 03:35:54 PM
Tsk tsk, primitive fishes, no lungfish... 

They look fantastic though :P

It at least includes an Osteoglossum arowana for once though! Rather than the usual Scleropages. I'm just happy a bichir made it in.

If they had done a lungfish, it would probably be Neoceratodus. Again. Only one company makes a lepidosireniforme that I am aware of... :P

And they've now been added to their website--prices are pretty decent.

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/1043521/list.html

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on March 08, 2016, 10:33:41 PM
We do know things! Primitive fishes! From the ATF

Quote from: brontodocus on March 08, 2016, 02:05:20 PM
Nicked from Favorite's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Favorite-CoLtd%E6%A0%AA%E5%BC%8F%E4%BC%9A%E7%A4%BE%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7%E3%83%90%E3%83%AA%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-480725025338637/

:o 8)

Edit: Merged my topic with Sean's who was just two minutes quicker than me. But aren't they awesome? 8)

Okay, not technically prehistoric. But I could not be more excited....

I would just randomly toss that into people's swimming pools  >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you can swing that toss a few in mine! lol  I think it will go great in a few exhibits here. :)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2016, 05:41:37 AM
If you can swing that toss a few in mine! lol  I think it will go great in a few exhibits here. :)

Agreed! Maybe just in a garden pond...don't know what pool chlorine would do!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on March 23, 2016, 05:04:38 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2016, 05:41:37 AM

Agreed! Maybe just in a garden pond...don't know what pool chlorine would do!

They'd be a bit lighter colored after awhile for sure! lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've liked the older version for awhile just never pulled the trigger on it...seemed pricey.

sauroid

is that a repaint of this old Pteranodon sternbergi?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

..I think it's a new sculpt ( I have the red big Favorite Pteranodon and the new one seems different..)  ???

sauroid

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 26, 2016, 04:50:50 PM
..I think it's a new sculpt ( I have the red big Favorite Pteranodon and the new one seems different..)  ???
oh yeah just noticed the shape of the head of the two models, quite different indeed.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Daspletodave on May 26, 2016, 11:40:13 PM
Quote from: Nebuloid on May 26, 2016, 01:12:48 PM
News !

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1036686716409129.1073741921.480725025338637&type=3

This looks like a hollow vinyl figure- they're a lot larger than the "soft model" releases.

I'm not talking about the soft model.
I'm talking about the big, red/black hollow vinyl Pteranodon from Favorite.
Same size, same material but with a different sculpt..

vinyl:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/24683814416/in/album-72157652797169372/

softmodel:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/15864479503/in/album-72157652797169372/

RobinGoodfellow

..the next step Favorite Pteranodon will be 1:1... ?  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: