News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. - New for 2016

Started by Halichoeres, January 20, 2016, 05:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

ohmygod that new Favorite Pteranodon is huge!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Thanks, guys! Photo added to first post.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

I wonder if you could clip on some Dino Rider gear on that Pteranodon...

Halichoeres

Information and pictures added to the first page for the forthcoming Fukui Prefectural Museum exclusive sets! Thanks to RobinGoodFellows for alerting us to their existence.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Megalosaurus

Nice.
I'm interested in the Pentaceratops vs. Bistahieversor & Coelophysis vs. Redondasaurus.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 19, 2016, 03:23:22 PM
Information and pictures added to the first page for the forthcoming Fukui Prefectural Museum exclusive sets! Thanks to RobinGoodFellows for alerting us to their existence.

Very promising! Redondasaurus is a new species for a toy, right? :)

terrorchicken

oh nice. I like the focus on lesser known species.

Daspletodave

Does anyone know for sure if these sets are plastic or resin?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on July 19, 2016, 09:48:46 PM

So far as I know! I think this would also knock several off the unique species list, like Bistahieversor, Zhuchengtyrannus, and Sinoceratops.

Quote from: Daspletodave on July 20, 2016, 12:23:09 AM
Does anyone know for sure if these sets are plastic or resin?

Not completely sure, but the packaging looks very similar to that of the Concavenator/Pelecanimimus set and the Fukuisaurus and Fukuiraptor figures. The bases also look very simple, like the ones included with Soft Models, rather than the ones included with the desktop models. So I'd bet money these are PVC figures.

sauroid

absolutely awesome as expected from Favorite Co.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2016, 01:55:27 AM

So far as I know! I think this would also knock several off the unique species list, like Bistahieversor, Zhuchengtyrannus, and Sinoceratops.

Sounds like there is work for me in store then. :) Bistahieversor has been off the list for a while though, thanks to Collecta.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on July 20, 2016, 12:22:39 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2016, 01:55:27 AM

Sounds like there is work for me in store then. :) Bistahieversor has been off the list for a while though, thanks to Collecta.

Ah, my mistake. I had the impression that CollectA's was the only one.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Megalosaurus on July 20, 2016, 11:33:30 PM
Here are the other 2:

Thank you! I'll add them to the first post. I'm still not sure about the identity of the ceratopsian, as the Chrome translator renders it "Inron." Maybe Psittacosaurus or Liaoceratops?

Edit Evidently it's Yinlong! I guess Chrome went with the transliteration "Inron" since Japanese doesn't have a phoneme to match the English Y or L.

Daspletodave

Once again Favorite Co. comes to the rescue! These figure sets are awesome. Favorite is the BEST dinosaur maker period.

Flaffy

Any information of the release dates?

ItsTwentyBelow

This is what I've been waiting for! These are awesome, and I want all of them.

I hope these are easy to find and ship out from Japan at the very least, for not too high a price. Wish they would distribute them outside of Japan.

Flaffy

Highly unlikely if these are only available to the special exhibit as museums tend to keep them very exclusive so that you have to visit the museum to acquire the figures.

Halichoeres

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 21, 2016, 03:08:33 AM
Any information of the release dates?

The release dates are all this month and next (maybe they're trying to encourage repeat visits to the Expo). They should all be available by the end of August.

On another note, even though Kazunari Araki's blog gives the name as Dilong, I believe the one in the set with Yinlong is actually Guanlong. Both Dilong and Guanlong have known skulls, and Guanlong is the only one with a crest. Guanlong is from the same Jurassic formation as Yinlong, whereas Dilong is from the Cretaceous Yixian formation. Finally, Dilong is known to have feathers, and although I think Favorite is a little conservative with feathers, they do usually include them when there's direct physical evidence of them.

suspsy

The lack of feathers on the tyrannosaurs ruin them for me.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: