News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanuqsaurus' steadily improving collection

Started by Nanuqsaurus, March 07, 2016, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Recent research suggests that Postosuchus was an obligatory biped, but to be honest, I find it hard to imagine that too when I see pictures of it. Just like Spinosaurus, maybe we'll never really know everything about its pose and movement.

Derek.McManus

Still Postosuchus is a fascinating creature and I look forward to finding more about it!

Nanuqsaurus

My collection needs more feathers. Because I love fluffy dinosaurs. So here are two new feathered friends! ^-^

Papo Velociraptor:

CollectA Beishanlong:

Thanks again to Everything Dinosaur for these two beauties!

Roselaar

Good to see you adding some true quality to your collection. :)

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on September 10, 2016, 02:53:27 PM
Good to see you adding some true quality to your collection. :)

Having a PayPal account opened up a whole new world for me! :P

Nanuqsaurus

I made a quick picture of my current collection. As you can see it's still mostly Schleich, but there are two Papo's, one CollectA and one Safari now.
There are three Schleichs that are not in the picture, because I replaced them with newer models. They have a special place outside my main collection. This brings the total amount of figures in my collection to 28. It's still a pretty small collection compared to what most of you guys have, but it's growing! ^-^

Dilopho

What a lovely collection! I love the Schleich smaller herbivores. In my opinion they have the best Parasaurolophus out there and I'd really like one some day.
I would recommend the Safari Dunkleosteus to you! It would look nice in your brightly-colored collection  :))
It doesn't go in mine so well because my collection is confined to two shelves so I can't organise them and they all contrast each other!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 12, 2016, 05:39:07 PM
What a lovely collection! I love the Schleich smaller herbivores. In my opinion they have the best Parasaurolophus out there and I'd really like one some day.
I would recommend the Safari Dunkleosteus to you! It would look nice in your brightly-colored collection  :))
It doesn't go in mine so well because my collection is confined to two shelves so I can't organise them and they all contrast each other!

Thanks! :) I agree that while Schleich is not really good with theropods, they sure have some nice ornithischia. That Parasaurolophus is really cute indeed, and the Schleich Pentaceratops is definitely one of my favorites. For Papo it's the other way around mostly, their theropods are often better than their ornithischia. The Papo Styracosaurus is an exception, that's a wonderful figure.

I think I'll buy the Dunkleosteus soon, it's very good for a Schleich. Gonna get the Barapasaurus too, it's a bit monsterous but it's a pretty obscure genus, which makes it unique.

Dilopho

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 12, 2016, 06:18:08 PM

Thanks! :) I agree that while Schleich is not really good with theropods, they sure have some nice ornithischia. That Parasaurolophus is really cute indeed, and the Schleich Pentaceratops is definitely one of my favorites. For Papo it's the other way around mostly, their theropods are often better than their ornithischia. The Papo Styracosaurus is an exception, that's a wonderful figure.

I think I'll buy the Dunkleosteus soon, it's very good for a Schleich. Gonna get the Barapasaurus too, it's a bit monsterous but it's a pretty obscure genus, which makes it unique.
The Schleich one is great but I meant this one!

Yeah the Barapa looks very monsterous. I wonder why they gave it such a pained expression?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 12, 2016, 08:28:46 PM

Yeah the Barapa looks very monsterous. I wonder why they gave it such a pained expression?

Oh, I'm sorry! I misread it as Schleich Dunkleosteus! :-[ The Safari one is beautiful too, but Safari figures are so small...
By the way, is that a toy dolphin in its mouth? Made me laugh! :D

Dilopho

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 13, 2016, 03:27:05 PM

Oh, I'm sorry! I misread it as Schleich Dunkleosteus! :-[ The Safari one is beautiful too, but Safari figures are so small...
I think it's a dolphin  ^-^
Anyway, the Dunk is the only Safari I own (I won't count the Carnegie Trike or rex as "true" Safaris because they're different style) and it is bigger than I thought it's be!
It's longer than the old Schleich Allo, I think!
(It's hard to give you a good comparison, I only share two of the figures you have, the Schleich allo and theri) ^-^

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 13, 2016, 05:35:07 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 13, 2016, 03:27:05 PM

I think it's a dolphin  ^-^
Anyway, the Dunk is the only Safari I own (I won't count the Carnegie Trike or rex as "true" Safaris because they're different style) and it is bigger than I thought it's be!
It's longer than the old Schleich Allo, I think!
(It's hard to give you a good comparison, I only share two of the figures you have, the Schleich allo and theri) ^-^

I searched for some pictures of the Safari Dunkleosteus, and it's indeed bigger than I expected! Just a bit smaller than the Schleich version, but more accurate. That's gonna be a difficult choice! :P

Dilopho

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 14, 2016, 04:09:57 PM
I searched for some pictures of the Safari Dunkleosteus, and it's indeed bigger than I expected! Just a bit smaller than the Schleich version, but more accurate. That's gonna be a difficult choice! :P
I would go for the Safari! It's sculpted by the fabulous Doug Watson so it has great detail as well as accuracy. The Schleich one looks very impressive but this one is way nicer. And I do mean accurate!
It, uh....it....it even has....a...
......rear.

Nanuqsaurus

Picked this up on my way home from school. Yeah, it's a Schleich again, but despite some flaws I really like it.

The dude at the store is pretty cool. Everytime I buy dinosaur figures there, he really doesn't seem to care that I'm a 21 year old guy who collects dinosaurs. He even showed some interest in this Barapasaurus, and we had a nice chat about the types of people who collect figures like this! :P I guess he's just used to weird customers, it's a bit of a nerdy store.

AcroSauroTaurus

Haha! I remember one time I was buying a bunch of Battats at Target and the cashier asks, "You a collector?" And I just said, "Yep." And she says, "yah, that explains it." She was perfectly fine with an 18 year old buying a bunch of dinosaurs... ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 22, 2016, 07:53:03 AM
Haha! I remember one time I was buying a bunch of Battats at Target and the cashier asks, "You a collector?" And I just said, "Yep." And she says, "yah, that explains it." She was perfectly fine with an 18 year old buying a bunch of dinosaurs... ;D

That's pretty cool! :P Makes it feel a little less awkward to buy dinosaur figures at my age.
This guy at my local store just starts a conversation with every customer about their hobby or collection. Sadly the store only sells Schleich, so I have to order any other brands. Otherwise I would've visited way more often! ^-^

Halichoeres

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 23, 2016, 06:47:06 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 22, 2016, 07:53:03 AM

That's pretty cool! :P Makes it feel a little less awkward to buy dinosaur figures at my age.
This guy at my local store just starts a conversation with every customer about their hobby or collection. Sadly the store only sells Schleich, so I have to order any other brands. Otherwise I would've visited way more often! ^-^

In my experience hobby stores are usually happy to do special orders, for whatever that's worth!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 07, 2016, 10:01:57 PM
Shonisaurus and Desmatosuchus are simply buy-on-sights for any true dinosaur toy fan. They're undoubtedly Schleich's most daring sculpts. Only know are they finally returning to producing figures of more obscure species (like Barapasaurus). But those lack the graceful quality of the old Resaurus line.

I hope they remake the Desmatosuchus.  Also, the Shonisaurus (perhaps, smaller) and w/o the dorsal fin.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 14, 2016, 06:05:58 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 14, 2016, 04:09:57 PM
I would go for the Safari! It's sculpted by the fabulous Doug Watson so it has great detail as well as accuracy. The Schleich one looks very impressive but this one is way nicer. And I do mean accurate!
It, uh....it....it even has....a...
......rear.

I have all 3 versions of the Dunk.
WS>Schleich>Favorite
The Schleich version has the awesome articulated jaw. The WS version has that golden finish. And, the Favorite version has a nifty base.
I wonder if the REBOR version will be more detailed than the available versions.

Nanuqsaurus

Recieved a package yesterday with three new figures! :D They're all pretty small, but still very beautiful.

Papo Tupuxuara:

CollectA Lythronax:

Safari Nasutoceratops:

I love them all! Three really nice and detailed sculpts, I'm glad to have them in my collection! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: