News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Team Sauropod

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, May 24, 2012, 08:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D Awesome Amargasaurus ..... looks much better than the rubber toy figure (which you do not need anymore). Great job by Martin!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 08, 2013, 10:36:51 AM
:D Awesome Amargasaurus ..... looks much better than the rubber toy figure (which you do not need anymore). Great job by Martin!
Very kind words Postsaurischian. I admit I am quite fond of the dinosaur already. I remember the original figure had accumulated some shelf dirt and so forth and looked kind of ...tired, and the tail was broken in a few places, and the end was missing altogether. I sent him off to Martin and voila...instant showpiece. Indeed, thanks Martin.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

darth daniel

That´s a beautiful Amargasaurus! The newer Carnegie has a better head but the Battat model´s pose is far superior. And this paint job is awesome. :)

Balaur

Really cool Amargasaurus! I love it! ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

Just for fun....

Repaints -Jorge Blanco Amargasaurus, Bob Morales paint and base
               Carnegie Amargasaurus, Martin Garrat paint and base
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wow. Amargasaurus is by far my favorite sauropod-I love the pics. Amargasaurus Cazaui, you seem to be an expert on the subject, so here goes: I'm wanting to buy a resin kit of Amargasaurus. Would you recommend Blanco's? Or another?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on November 09, 2013, 09:24:44 AM
Wow. Amargasaurus is by far my favorite sauropod-I love the pics. Amargasaurus Cazaui, you seem to be an expert on the subject, so here goes: I'm wanting to buy a resin kit of Amargasaurus. Would you recommend Blanco's? Or another?
Blanco's Amargasaurus is the only commonly available kit at the moment, apart from Jason Carriere's. There is also Keith Strausser's http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1560.0 but I think it would be pretty expensive since he works in a large scale. Gorgonzola also made several models of Amargasaurus, which you can purchase from Shapeways, and they only need painting.

They're all quite accurate (especially Gorgonzola's) so go with whatever you like best.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 09, 2013, 12:37:27 PM
Blanco's Amargasaurus is the only commonly available kit at the moment, apart from Jason Carriere's. There is also Keith Strausser's http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1560.0 but I think it would be pretty expensive since he works in a large scale. Gorgonzola also made several models of Amargasaurus, which you can purchase from Shapeways, and they only need painting.

They're all quite accurate (especially Gorgonzola's) so go with whatever you like best.
One thing useful to decide before pursuing an Amargasaurus model, figure or kit is do want a figure with an actual sail down its back or just the spines, specifically in the neck area.For instance the Battat displays a fleshed in sail,whereas the Carnegie has the spines. My own personnal preference in models tends to run with Jorge Blanco's piece. I like the detail, pose and overall asethetics of the piece. I do not own the models Tyrannt queen mentioned.....Jason's new piece or Strausser's for that matter, so I will not comment on them.
  Having said that, I am sitting here typing on a laptop and at the edge of my keyboard watching me type are three 1/72 test prints for the Gorgonzola model, from Shapeways and I will tell you right now, this is a stunning model as well. My intent is a diorama with the three in a small scene. Alot of it comes down to which piece appeals to your personnal tastes....for instance I myself did not love the Carnegie figure that much until Martin Garrat did a repaint for me...now I consider it a centerpiece to my collection.
I can also add that while it is only a display statue the Desktop favorite Amargasaurus is a pretty model. Reds and blacks...although I think they got a bit carried away with the spines length.Thanks for your kind words.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 09, 2013, 12:37:27 PM

Many thanks, TQ and Amargasaurus Cazui! You all are so helpful!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amargasaurus cazaui

Felt these guys belonged in team sauropod as well. It is my intention a bit futher along to get three more of these in larger scale for a more size upscaled model. I really like this interpretation that he did with this set of models. The poses and anatonomy of the dinosaur are quite well done in my opinion. Of course thanks to Martin for the great paint work and base as always.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 08, 2013, 09:30:16 PM
Just for fun....

Repaints -Jorge Blanco Amargasaurus, Bob Morales paint and base
               Carnegie Amargasaurus, Martin Garrat paint and base

Amazing.

amargasaurus cazaui

Dinosauria-The term is derived from the Greek words δεινός (deinos, meaning "terrible," "potent," or "fearfully great") and σαῦρος (sauros, meaning "lizard" or "reptile")

This one was given the Martin once over at least twice .....originally from TQ's collection, but with some new colors and soon to have a base and a friend

Arul

Wahh another masterpiece  :D

Dobber

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 03, 2015, 10:20:16 PM
Dinosauria-The term is derived from the Greek words δεινός (deinos, meaning "terrible," "potent," or "fearfully great") and σαῦρος (sauros, meaning "lizard" or "reptile")

This one was given the Martin once over at least twice .....originally from TQ's collection, but with some new colors and soon to have a base and a friend

That Diplodicus is incredible!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

amargasaurus cazaui

I really like the colors and subtle patterning Martin used......I am excited to see this one based and finished myself as well. I have a display for a show in April and I intend to use this dinosaur as well as a Carnegie brachiosaurs together in a scenery piece made entirely from various types, specimens and shapes of dinosaur bone .

Blade-of-the-Moon

If only Safari could get Martin on as a prototype painter....

Dobber

That is how I want my Diplodicus to look! I'll have to give it a try.....and probably fail miserably :o lol!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Bokisaurus

amargasaurus cazaui

A few sauropods repainted and based by Martin Garrat.....Carnegie Brachiosaurus, and Diplodocus, each rendered in new colors and given a base. I find the Brachiosaurus especially stunning

Quen

Oooh! How lovely! I don't know which one I like more. They both look so alive!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: