News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Team Sauropod

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, May 24, 2012, 08:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinier zwanink

WOW very nice models now
Wish i had that skill
I can only amaze at that work now

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

A little paint and a nice base can go a long way...does anyone recognize the model itself?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoLord

Wow, is that the first WS Brachiosaurus?

CityRaptor

And yet some people say that color does not make a difference. This Brachio is just another good example that it does!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

So beautiful i always wonder how martin garrat do that...

amargasaurus cazaui

I forgot to put something very important in my post...I bought this figure and someone had already taken a shot at painting it..poorly. I had at least two more tries..each time adding to the layers of paint caked on the poor thing.When I sent this to Martin it looked like one of those canvases they paint by throwing buckets of paint behind a jet engine and letting physics take its course. When I paint I create visual roadkill...Marting had to soak and scrub all of that off before ever beginning....sometimes it is more important how much paint you take off before you add the little needed to do the work properly.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

That Brachio looks to me as the Tamiya Brachio
The Return Of The Mammoth's

amargasaurus cazaui

Incidentally and I forgot to respond, Dinolord pegged this one, it is in fact the model he named. I had gotten it in a batch of dinosaurs and it had been badly repainted, so I badly repainted it a few more times for effect and then sent it to Martin to make nice. Now its a gorgeous centerpiece to a grouping of Brachiosaurs within my sauropod group.....thanks Martin.

BlueKrono

Cross posting my Amarga/Rebbachisaurus collection:

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

And my Saltasaurus collection:

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Neosodon

Collecta Daxiatitan and wild safari Shunosaurus are my newest editions to my sauropod collection and my favorite over all sauropod models but not sure which one is my favorite of the two.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Sigmasaurus

Wow! The only one I have seen in person is the Carnegie Diplodicus, even though i have recently acquired the new 2017 Safari one.

billharrison

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 04, 2016, 05:45:33 AM

What's the big white one? Who makes it?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Ivysaur on June 11, 2018, 09:10:24 PM
Holy wow. Where does this Martin lives? Now I want that repaint for my Brachio and Diplo!  :'(

He lives in the UK.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: billharrison on February 28, 2017, 04:33:51 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on October 04, 2016, 05:45:33 AM

What's the big white one? Who makes it?

That's the Kaiyodo Dinoland vinyl Saltasaurus.

Shonisaurus

S @Stolpergeist Your sauropod collection is fabulous. Only the Bullyland spinophorosaurus because of its rarity is worth many toy dinosaur figures. Nice start to a sauropod collection.

Libraraptor

Yeah, we had a discussion about the Spinophorosaurus before. I remember even contacting the sculptor who more or less apologized for how the figure had turned out eventually during the production process.

Halichoeres

I've always thought that figure looks as though it has been cooked on a grill.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 02, 2020, 02:36:22 PM
I've always thought that figure looks as though it has been cooked on a grill.

;D That hits the nail on the head!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: