News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recur dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, April 09, 2016, 10:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffysaurus

Hello everybody, this is dinofiel news  C:-) hahaha always wanted to say that.
Urzeit shop will soon have a brand new dinosaur brand named Recur.

Dimetrodon has a papo like colour but do like the look, as the mosasaurus which looks awesome. The other one is Edmontia
Measurings are
Dimetrodon 26 cm long
Edmontia 23 cm
Mosasaurus 41 cm long

What do you think?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm, I'd buy the Mosasaur for sure.

tyrantqueen

Reminds me of Bullyland. Not really to my taste, but I like the paint on the Mosasaur. Not too keen on the outdated dorsal flange though.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 09, 2016, 10:25:40 PM
Reminds me of Bullyland.
I agree. Hopefully they'll improve the same way Bullyland did, too  ;)
Anyone else notice that "Recur" sounds like "Rebor"? Probably pure coincidence, though.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

next toy "brands" will be named Restored, Revived, Renewed.

the Mosasaurus looks nice. btw, are they solid figures, not hollow at all? thanks for sharing Dinofiel.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Dimetrodon reminds me of a big cat attacking. A rather unusual pose for this most famous non-mammlian Synapsid.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 09, 2016, 11:29:10 PM
next toy "brands" will be named Restored, Revived, Renewed.

the Mosasaurus looks nice. btw, are they solid figures, not hollow at all? thanks for sharing Dinofiel.

You are welcome, the figures are made of soft pvc with a pp-cotton filling.
I love the Dimetrodons pose, very mammalian. It fascinates me.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

DinoToyForum

Another marine reptile for the collection.

Tail looks funny. Does it have a horizontal tail fluke?

Roselaar

The Mosasaurus doesn't look so bad, though it appears something took a chunk out of its tail. The Dimetrodon's pose is interesting, but otherwise it's not a great figure. The Edmontonia is semi-decent, but at least an interesting species choice.

I take it this is a German brand, considering their availability on Urzeitshop?

Fluffysaurus

Here are Some more pictures of the fluke

Aaand another one

Hope that awnsers the fluke questions :D.
Recur is a Chinese brand. So not german influences. More on Recur and something else later today .
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

DinoToyForum

Ah, the angle of the tail in first image was a bit misleading. They have actually done a relatively good job.

Is there a link to the Recur pages on Urzeit shop? I looked but couldn't find any.

Also, do you think it is just pure coincidence that Recur sounds very similar to Rebor!?

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 10, 2016, 01:30:17 PM
Ah, the angle of the tail in first image was a bit misleading. They have actually done a relatively good job.

Is there a link to the Recur pages on Urzeit shop? I looked but couldn't find any.

Also, do you think it is just pure coincidence that Recur sounds very similar to Rebor!?
I love the mosa too, also the same thing i said. Job well done. No none Recur pages yet. All will be revealed soon. I dont know if it is coincidence. But Rebor and Recur have a similair attraction name wise.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Jetoar

Mosasaurus looks really nice, Ir is similar JW concepts.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Fluffysaurus

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Mosa looks well fed if nothing else. :)

MLMjp

Despite having those JW-esque osteoderms on it´s back, the Mosasaurus looks pretty cool. 41 cm?? That´s a nice size. :))

The other two look rather cartoony, specially the Edmontonia. :P

DinoToyForum

So, where are these nice photos coming from!?

sauroid

i hope MORE decent chinese brands emerge in the coming days...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ItsTwentyBelow

Always a pleasure to see a new prehistoric series make a debut.

I also immediately thought "Bullyland" in regards to the style and finish of the figures.

The Dimetrodon is ok, too skinny and awkwardly proportioned for me though. The Edmontonia is rather bland, with inaccurate feet, but is not a horrible model. Mosasaurus is definitely the best of these three, with a decent attempt at the tail fluke and relatively accurate proportions overall.

I will definitely be watching this series. I do think the similarity between the names "Recur" and "Rebor" is too uncanny to ignore. Despite the negative feelings that many around here harbor for Rebor, they have become quite a success and an obvious influence on other manufacturers. That new Itoy Ceratosaurus is a good example.

tyrantqueen

Vanishing Wild Dimetrodon? ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: