News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recur dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, April 09, 2016, 10:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Dimetrodon looks like a Gorgonopsid with a sail, not that it looks bad. If these weren't hollow I'd be anticipating that as an inevitable custom :P

The teeth are what bothers me most about the Mosasaur. I love how properly bulky it is though.

Fluffysaurus

;D well i have something to show you, newsflash!!!
Recur newsflash and Some more. http://youtu.be/lqT2EQ1g75I

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

PaleoMatt

And I'll be the one too say the words....

....Deinonychus is Blue.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: PaleoMatt on April 10, 2016, 08:44:54 PM
And I'll be the one too say the words....

....Deinonychus is Blue.
And that C:-)!! Is very well noticed by you :P hahaha and it rhymes too.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

PaleoMatt

Here are my thoughts on all of them:

Dimetrodon- Looks very gorgonopsian
Allosaurus- Reminds me of Schleich Giga
Baryonyx- I have mixed thoughts on this one, it's nice but the hands are pronated and the spikes don't feel right
Charcharodontosaurus- The Papo Baryonyx all over again! Great sculpt but bad pose, very bad pose
Cryolophosaurus- meh, the proportions look off
Velociraptor- Feathered, but badly done
Majungatholus- One of the much better ones! the arms are weird but it's great otherwise, well.. apart from the name
Protoceratops- 2derpy4me
Stegosaurus- Bland
T-Rex- It's Rexy
Triceratops- Like most other models it's great but not perfect
Deinonychus- It's Blue
Spinosaurus- Proportions off or just me?
Edmontonia- 2derpy4me
Mosasaurus- AMAZING GIMMEE!!! Not accurate but looks great!

sauroid

Quote from: Dinofiel on April 10, 2016, 08:54:06 PM
And that C:-)!! Is very well noticed by you :P hahaha and it rhymes too.
would be great if you could post the pics of the rest of the Recur figures. thanks in advance.  ^-^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fluffysaurus

Sure thing here they are :D

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Silvanusaurus

Wow, didn't see those coming! I love to see a bit of Baryonyx, so I'll need to get that, it does look pretty good as Baryonyx's go... The Charcharodontosaurus/Gorosaurus is so ridiculous it's wonderful, I will need that too (though perhaps for my Godzilla collection rather than my dinosaurs!  ;) ) I don't get what's going on with the 'Majungatholus' though... it should be an Abelisaurid, shouldn't it? But with those arms and head it looks like a stunted Tyrannosaur, and the shape of it's body is bizarre... The mosasaurus looks really good, particularly as a Jurassic World style toy... the rest either don't capture my imagination in any way, or are quite poor. It's good to see a new line of toys though... is there any information on when these will be available to buy?

Fluffysaurus

Could be Some weeks before they arrive, so Lets hope they will be available soon. Just gave you guys a preview from Urzeitshop through me :)) so you know whats coming.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

MLMjp

Hehehehe, I see a member of the raptor squad there.....

Not a fan of any of those.

Right now I will like to have new Baryonyx (Although I´m interested In the Papo one, it is not what I wanted in the first place) and Carcharodontosaurus figures. But these look cartoonish and the pose of the Carcha is awful. A pity

I guess these are aimed towards kids, but they could have been better. The only one that I like is the Mosasaurus.

Albertosaurus

Sorry but these are all looking terribly bad...

Takama

I think they look rather charming.   The Species selection is great.

I hope these come out in the states

stargatedalek

Some of these have a certain charm in an alien sort of way, but I don't have any interest in getting them.

Fluffysaurus

They have a high charm character indeed. I want the Mosasaurus for sure. You could order them from Urzeitshop. They ship to the states too ^-^.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Does recur have a logo?
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

SpartanSquat

Wow this is very surprise, I dont know why, but the models have a nostalgia feeling...that Carcharodontosaurus looks like Gorosaurus.

Takama

Quote from: RolandEden on April 11, 2016, 12:24:38 AM
Wow this is very surprise, I dont know why, but the models have a nostalgia feeling...that Carcharodontosaurus looks like Gorosaurus.

A Carcharodontosaurus is exactly the kind of dinosaur i pictured (should Gorosaurus make a appearance in the legendary Godzilla films.)    I thought He was a Carcharodontosaurus before Carcharodontosaurus was ever fully described.

Im curious to know if there will be yearly releases from this company. I Really like the species selection, and i hope they can expand it more.

ItsTwentyBelow

Hmm, seeing the full lineup, these look like a mish-mash of the worst aspects of Bullyland, Schleich, and CollectA figures. The Stego and Spino are even pretty close copies of the respective Bullyland Stego and old CollectA Spino.

Nothing about any of these sculpts seems quite right. Feathers on the Velociraptor but not the Deinonychus?? There is also a distinct lack of sauropods and ornithopods. That Triceratops is probably the best Recur figure overall, which isn't saying a whole lot.

Easy pass for me!

stoneage

:)  Do you have any idea what the prices will be?

Pachyrhinosaurus

If I were to buy one, it'd be the triceratops, but really only out of nostalgia because it looks similar to the style of dinosaur toys I had growing up.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: