News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recur dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, April 09, 2016, 10:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recur

Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2016, 05:37:57 AM
Quote from: Recur on April 25, 2016, 02:38:53 PM
Quote from: Dinofiel on April 11, 2016, 09:30:28 AM
Quote from: PainterRex on April 10, 2016, 11:56:46 PM
Does recur have a logo?

Quote from: stoneage on April 11, 2016, 01:27:08 AM
:)  Do you have any idea what the prices will be?

I will ask for you, dont know that, yet :D. Yes they do have a logo. And also the prices are unknown for now. But they are ordered. So Lets hope it will be in store soon.

they have a logo http://www.facebook.com/ankylrecur

I have to ask. are you officially a Recur representative?   If so, will these products come out in the USA?

Hi, sorry for the delay reply. This is Michael from Recur. Our online shop is coming, then you can buy our products on the store.
Original Design & Brand Soft PVC Animal Toys, with Highly Detailed and Hand Painted Looking.

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/recurtoys/
Aliexpress Store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/323712

Arul

Hello Recur, welcome to the forum :)

Jetoar

Welcome Recur, your sea life line is awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Silvanusaurus

Does anybody know where one can buy their non-dinosaur figures? And particularly, their Deinosuchus, which doesnt seem to be on Urzeitshop?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 21, 2016, 10:05:20 AM
Does anybody know where one can buy their non-dinosaur figures? And particularly, their Deinosuchus, which doesnt seem to be on Urzeitshop?

I think you should wait the Recur webshop they promised to open..
What about asking to Urzeitshop if they can make an order about Deinosuchus: the owner speaks English.
Who knows... ?  ;)

stargatedalek

I'm eager to get my hands on that amazing sea turtle!

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 21, 2016, 02:48:30 PM
Prehistoric creatures... not so much...
It's surprising how Recur can produce beautiful figures like their sea turtle while they also produce not-so-great figures like the entire prehistoric creatures line :-\(with a few exceptions).

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 21, 2016, 02:56:51 PM
It's surprising how Recur can produce beautiful figures like their sea turtle while they also produce not-so-great figures like the entire prehistoric creatures line :-\(with a few exceptions).

You don't find their Carcharodontosaurus to be beautiful?  ;)

tanystropheus

I like the Recur Mosasaurus . Maybe a talented member of our forums can mod the Dimetrodon into a Smilodon;)

I would absolutely love the Triceratops if I was younger. Not a bad model.

For the most part, Recur is indistinguishable from Mojo.

Flaffy

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 22, 2016, 10:01:29 AM

Not my cup of tea. Is it yours?  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 12, 2016, 02:16:47 PM
I am having a hard time to undestand how the 'eck some of you are always criticising brands like Rebor,with things like "oh god,those feet are oversized!" or "it looks skin wrapped, i'll pass" and now you are super interested in these horrible looking toys.....sometimes I wonder if this is the right community if you are looking for quality dinosaur replicas and figures...

It's called cognitive dissonance. People have limited funds. They make up all sorts of 'rules' and heuristics to convince themselves that they are not missing out (and justify their inconsistent purchasing decisions).

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 22, 2016, 10:11:35 AM
I am having a hard time to undestand how the 'eck some of you are always criticising brands like Rebor,with things like "oh god,those feet are oversized!" or "it looks skin wrapped, i'll pass" and now you are super interested in these horrible looking toys.....sometimes I wonder if this is the right community if you are looking for quality dinosaur replicas and figures...

It's called cognitive dissonance. People have limited funds. They make up all sorts of 'rules' and heuristics to convince themselves that they are not missing out (and justify their inconsistent purchasing decisions).

Totally agree!!  ;)

stargatedalek

It isn't cognitive dissonance for people to recognize when something is more expensive than they would be willing to pay. Not everyone has the same priorities as you in what they like/buy and I'm seriously getting tired of seeing you almost never post anything and when you do it's some poorly hidden insult to anyone who doesn't like REBOR/Papo.

I don't buy REBOR because I don't like the art-style they use. I don't arbitrarily buy everything that's scientifically accurate, I just buy what I like, which just happens not to include REBOR. While I don't particularly like the RECUR dinosaurs much either, they are an entirely different art-style, price range, and material. The only similarity RECUR has with REBOR or Papo is that they aren't scientifically accurate. It's unfair to insult people for liking one and not the other.

This isn't a report because I don't think you realize what you're doing is insulting, so I'm asking you to please stop.

Appalachiosaurus

Or maybe we just don't want to spend 70 bucks for something the same size and detail of a $30 Papo toy.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 22, 2016, 04:47:03 PM
It isn't cognitive dissonance for people to recognize when something is more expensive than they would be willing to pay. Not everyone has the same priorities as you in what they like/buy and I'm seriously getting tired of seeing you almost never post anything and when you do it's some poorly hidden insult to anyone who doesn't like REBOR/Papo.

I don't buy REBOR because I don't like the art-style they use. I don't arbitrarily buy everything that's scientifically accurate, I just buy what I like, which just happens not to include REBOR. While I don't particularly like the RECUR dinosaurs much either, they are an entirely different art-style, price range, and material. The only similarity RECUR has with REBOR or Papo is that they aren't scientifically accurate. It's unfair to insult people for liking one and not the other.

RECUR is basically MOJO or 1st generation CollectA. It isn't a distinctive art style.

I do have a sizable Safari collection. I like PNSO but it is out of my price range.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on May 22, 2016, 06:23:49 PM

Or maybe we just don't want to spend 70 bucks for something the same size and detail of a $30 Papo toy.

Buying 2 or 3 high quality figures > 7 medium quality figures

I do criticize REBOR all the time, but people selectively read my posts.

As of now, I think Papo offers greater diversity in their line-up than REBOR.

tanystropheus

They are simply asking for trouble if they expect to compete with the recently released WS Carcharodontosaurus.

Takama

Ok i feel like you guys are a little harsh with this companey. Yes there models may not be accurate, but they do have a certain style to them thats not going to satisfy everyone, at least they dont go out of there way to claim there stuff is accurate. its all meant for little kids. and i can see Kids enjoy these figures for what they are.

And Gosh darn it, I think there selection of species is more original then Papo and Rebor Combined.

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 22, 2016, 10:39:47 PM

They are simply asking for trouble if they expect to compete with the recently released WS Carcharodontosaurus.

Ok thats a bold statement i will agree, but i think ones aimed for a older audience then the other. One is Solid PVC while the other is soft and filled with Cotton.   I would be more willing to give the Recur model to my friends toddler then the Safari one.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 22, 2016, 10:30:25 PMBuying 2 or 3 high quality figures > 7 medium quality figures
That is simply your opinion, stop holding other people to it. You aren't "calling anyone out for their hypocrisy" here, you're just being callous.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 22, 2016, 04:47:03 PM

It's unfair to insult people for liking one and not the other.

I would imagine that it would be fair to engage in some forms of criticism. If a person expresses a relatively unhealthy obsession with Geoworld Jurassic Hunters Dinosaurs (not the prehistoric mammals), would it be appropriate for this hypothetical individual to be immune to all forms of critique.

In your opinion, which comment appears to be less undeserving of criticism:

(1) "Geoworld dinosaurs are the bee's knees. Lets make Geoworld great again!"

(2) "Geoworld dinosaurs have an unparalleled level of meticulous charm. Papo, REBOR and CollectA are dead to me"

(3) "Pioneering companies such as Geoworld are the reason the dinosaur toy industry exists. If we do not pay homage to Geoworld, we might risk entering a new era of darkness".

(4) "All Geoworld dinosaurs set an example for other companies. Just look at the head sculpt on the Argentinosaurus. It is far more accurate than anything Sideshow will ever put in the market. Plus its friggin 1/40 scale!"

Are these opinions by the hypothetical member of DTF acceptable? Is the hypothetical dinosaur enthusiast allowed to have a free pass?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: