News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2021, 11:32:38 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 13, 2021, 11:27:21 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2021, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 13, 2021, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2021, 11:00:20 PM
? @

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I am very glad that you are happy. It is my greatest wish that you and that all beings in this world be content and happy is my greatest wish.

The country I live in can now begin to heal!

What nation is it? I am glad in advance regardless of which nation on the planet, as long as they do not suffer and are happy and begin to heal for me is good and great news.

I live in the USA. Today was a perfect day and I plan to party.

I am very happy for you and for your nation USA. Best wishes with all my heart.

Please remember forum rule number 7. Topics concerning politics and religion are discouraged.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 14, 2021, 12:52:01 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2021, 11:32:38 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 13, 2021, 11:27:21 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2021, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 13, 2021, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2021, 11:00:20 PM
? @

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I am very glad that you are happy. It is my greatest wish that you and that all beings in this world be content and happy is my greatest wish.

The country I live in can now begin to heal!

What nation is it? I am glad in advance regardless of which nation on the planet, as long as they do not suffer and are happy and begin to heal for me is good and great news.

I live in the USA. Today was a perfect day and I plan to party.

I am very happy for you and for your nation USA. Best wishes with all my heart.

Please remember forum rule number 7. Topics concerning politics and religion are discouraged.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Sorry, I'll keep that in mind. I thought that the question that was raised was not based on political and religious issues, if so I apologize, and it is more if the Administrator or you as moderator are forced to suspend me in the DTF account I will accept it to give example to the other members of the DTF. It was not sincerely my intention, I am so sorry. I said, I put myself at the disposal of you or any moderator of the DTF and Mr. Administrator.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 14, 2021, 11:39:04 AM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you, you have a kind soul.

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Oh wow, Oregon!
Makes me recall this beautiful tourism ad for your state I have seen once.

Yes, that commercial received rave reviews. It's based on Miyazaki's (sp?) animated features. The timing of its release was a bit...unfortunate.

Also, don't feel bad shoni. It was I who brought it up. I take the blame for dancing around rule 7. I take the full blame.

I'm just having a good week for once. I'm young, in love, and am about to get a very VERY good job doing what I love but at a much bigger, life-changing scale.

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Thank you for your words, although in my case I assume all the blame and what I said I put my account at the disposal of my superiors and what was said, if they have to suspend me disciplinary I assume the guilt to serve as an example, I assume the DTF discipline and I have no objection in my case that they take action in my case against me. Of men, in my case, is to recognize the errors and to assume my guilt with manhood. On the other hand, I understand that the fault was solely me, and not you when asking questions.

On the other hand, I am very happy for you, love and work is essential in every human being and in my case I am happy for the good of others, whoever they are and more than a person as endearing as you.

EmperorDinobot

I mean it's...a really REALLY good job. Once I earn enough $ I... well... I want to move to the UK, get to know this guy better, even though we have been talking for 6 months, and maybe sparks will fly! He's lifted a huge curse that I had upon me that lasted over a decade. My exbf abused me to the point where nothing felt natural anymore. My self-esteem plummeted, I started drinking in order to sleep...I mean I do have a long story to tell about myself, but this guy helped me out and I feel the biggest peace I have felt in ages. Now I just need the vaccine, and to save money. As for my dinosaur collection, well, I have no idea what will happen then.

Shonisaurus

From what you say, you've had a pretty bad time, I'm glad that everything in your life is progressing favorably, you naturally deserve the best and I'm very happy for your story. A story of true improvement.

EmperorDinobot

Thanks Shoni, you wanna pm me sometime? you got Facebook messenger or something? You do know I speak fluent Spanish...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 15, 2021, 04:25:17 AM
Thanks Shoni, you wanna pm me sometime? you got Facebook messenger or something? You do know I speak fluent Spanish...

What you tell me is great news, I will send you a pm in Spanish in the future. What you tell me is great news.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 17, 2021, 12:35:46 PM
Honestly this upsets me.
And I usually try to not be upset.
First I am accused of cancel culture for expressing discomfort due to harassment I have received in the past and now this.
I shouldn't have returned to the forum.

???  I don't know what's the fuss again.
But I do know that it is easy not to enter the forum.

CityRaptor

Basically avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor wanted to quote a post by Stolpergeist to ask where they got a specific figure, but ended up accidently editing it instead.

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 14, 2021, 11:39:04 AM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you, you have a kind soul.

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Oh wow, Oregon!
Makes me recall this beautiful tourism ad for your state I have seen once.

https://youtu.be/doVV1a7XgyQ

Looks like Oregon has a problems with rodents lagomorphs of unusual size and Mantango.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

PumperKrickel

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 17, 2021, 04:22:20 PM

???  I don't know what's the fuss again.

Just to clarify: Are you suggesting they shouldn't visit the forum anymore?

stargatedalek

While it does seem this was an accident, saying you "don't know what the fuss is about" is rather dismissive. I'm not touching the second line because I've accidentally done backseat moderating before, but, oof.

DinoToyForum

It was a simple misunderstanding and has been resolved now. I don't know why the discussion was brought to this thread, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian, and I do interpret your post as a provocation. The precedent for that is a 2 week ban from posting.  C:-)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 17, 2021, 07:08:11 PM
It was

It was easy for me to stay out of the forum when I left for over a month.
It was hard for me to reenter the forum as I am still scared.
But now I know how I unwanted I am.
I saw what was written in the other thread...
Do I come off as too masculine?
I need to know...
I look like a gorilla, don't I...

This is a warning for violating forum rue 1. "No intentional personal attacks against ... oneself."  C:-) Please, no more of this kind of post, it was a simple misunderstanding and no harm was intended from avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor. And avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian has been banned for insensitive provocation. I ask you all kindly to consider this issue resolved and move forward, thanks.  C:-)

Reuben03

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 17, 2021, 07:08:11 PM
It was

It was easy for me to stay out of the forum when I left for over a month.
It was hard for me to reenter the forum as I am still scared.
But now I know how I unwanted I am.
I saw what was written in the other thread...
Do I come off as too masculine?
I need to know...
I look like a gorilla, don't I...
if you did, that would be okay! gorillas are beautiful. they have big kind eyes and the most huggable bodies. everybody loves gorillas.

but no, you don't. you look great, regardless of forum etiquette or whatever, I will say to you with no regard for anything other then the truth, and telling you what you need to hear, you look great.

not gorilla great, because those are great too. but you great, stolpergeist great. and you should be proud of it. because you look really nice.
I wish I could have hair like yours  ;D

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Crackington

Just spent an hour dinosaur watching for the RSPB Great British Bird Watch. Saw mainly magpies, jackdaws, blue tits and wood pigeons but was very pleased that the local Red Kite made an appearance too. However, the most numerous species I saw were Black Headed Gulls, must be bad weather at sea!

Nice way to spend an hour today (the bird watch is over this weekend) and did it all from my living room window!

Tyto_Theropod

Thanks for reminding me about this, avatar_Crackington @Crackington!  Just did it myself.  My area is lucky enough to still have an extremely healthy house sparrow population, and I solemnly swear that every Big Garden Bird Watch is a slow descent into obsessive sparrow-counting madness for me!

Pretty amazing to get a red kite visiting.  You must have been thrilled to see it!  The most exciting thing that I've had during a BGBW was a sparrowhawk suddenly attacking, and because she successfully killed a smaller bird, she settled on the grass for a while to begin feeding, so I was able to count her.  I also occasionally get great spotted woodpeckers visiting, and one year one turned up while I was counting, so I was very pleased about that.  My highlight this year was a fieldfare, which is a seasonal visitor where I live and doesn't always show up every year, but this winter I'm pretty sure we've had more than I've ever seen here before.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Crackington

Wow you've seen some good species there avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod are you in a rural area? We're in a small leafy Hertfordshire town which is nice, but very much commuter-ville in normal times.

We're actually in a flat but have quite a decent view down hill and nice shared garden lawns, hedges and bushes. There are more cats than there used to be, so we're seeing less of the smaller feathered dino species and squirrels than we used to.

The red kite(s) fly over most days now and we sometimes get a very close view. They are nesting in a wood near to the town and I suspect living off road kill as we have the M25, A1 and many busy A roads nearby (+ plenty of fat wood pigeons which dine out at our allotments).

Glad l helped remind you of the Birdwatch  :)

ceratopsian

I was tempted to take part in the RSPB Great British Bird Watch but was too daunted by the thought of how I would count the multitudinous blue tits and great tits that flock to our feeder.  They hide in the thick old beech hedge and the corkscrew hazel and it's impossible to know how many there are. 

avatar_Crackington @Crackington - I must be not that many miles south of you.  We are just into Hertfordshire and close the A1 and M25.  We have a reasonably large garden with fields behind it.  The red kites haven't made it quite this far yet.  Our birds are not that dissimilar to yours - we now have a large group of jackdaws.  We do see coal tits in addition to the great tits and blue tits.  (Very occasionally a long tailed tit pops up.)  Until a couple of weeks ago we had a flock of goldfinch, but they have disappeared (at least when I'm looking out!)  We get chaffinch, the occasional greenfinch, dunnocks, wren, robin. Blackbird, song thrush. We have a flock of ring-necked parakeets.  The great spotted woodpeckers come regularly to our feeder.  We see a green woodpecker too, but not very often (though I think that's more a matter of not looking at the right moment, as it's so well camouflaged): it put in an appearance on Saturday.  What else?  Ah - nuthatches.  The occasional jay.  Crows.  We have some "domesticated" pigeons in addition to the wood pigeons.  They look far too nice and glossy for feral London pigeons but I guess that's what they must be!  Very occasionally I've seen a sparrowhawk take something from the feeder.  We don't see your black-headed gulls, though there are certainly gulls on the fields opposite (I'm poor with gulls, so can't say which).  We don't see many starlings or sparrows.   We regularly hear owls at night - but I've never spotted one, apart from a near encounter with my windscreen when driving home one night many years ago.

Crackington

Thanks avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , it seems that we are near neighbours then! I'm not too far from St Alban's and Watford. Perhaps when this rotten pandemic is over we'll be able to meet up, maybe with other UK Forumites too (it's a long time overdue!). Ive been dreaming of seeing the Crystal Palace Dinosaurs again and would be great to go in a group.

You've certainly got a very wide selection of birds near you and some nice uncommon ones too. I see many of them too round here, though not yesterday morning!. I probably underestimated the numbers yesterday as I was trying not to count birds twice, but I know where a few are roosting so could kind of tell which ones they were.   

The kites will hopefully get to you soon, I think they've been spreading Eastwards (I saw some in Wycombe first a while ago). We have a big flock of parakeets nearby too, very noisy!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: