You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TAKING ORDERS NOW Fukui Prefectoral Museum FIVE boxed pairs TAKING ORDERS NOW

Started by brettnj, July 19, 2016, 02:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

Hey.

A buyer just made me aware of these.  I have no information from my source yet but will update immediately when I do.

http://dinomodel.cocolog-nifty.com/dinosaurs/2016/07/post-0c5f.html

But, it seems they are available very soon so please e-mail with requests ASAP as I expect to need a lot of these and if my source is limited as to the number of trips she'll take to the exhibit it might be first come first serve.

Also, we will use these to make some money as, with so few new releases, sales have dropped dramatically since the last order.  But I have no price info now.

I also might have her ship immediately after purchasing as I'm sure the size of the box will warrant it, so again, please contact me right away if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

Chad

Every time I think I'm about done, they pull me back in...

The Yutyrannus set is fantastic. Actual behavior that isn't a theropod ripping the head off of something!

Blade-of-the-Moon

MLMjp

You know, I really like some of these figures, the Yutyrannus are cool and the Pentaceratops looks awesome...
But I just spent quite an amount of money in the whole battat terra range  :)
Soo.... :'(

Megalosaurus

I'm interested, but can't request until I know your price on each one.
I'm mostly interested in the Coelophysis vs. Redondasaurus and may be Pentaceratops vs. Bistahieversor

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Quote from: Megalosaurus on July 19, 2016, 07:09:07 PM
I'm interested, but can't request until I know your price on each one.

Same here. The three sets I've seen so far look very appealing and I'd love to get them all, but I need a little more info before I commit myself to a buy. They don't appear to be large figures, so I don't expect them to be hugely expensive, but with Exlcusive figures, it's always a distinct possibility... ;)

terrorchicken

want some of these... but right now I have to put dinos in the backburner for a bit, Im in the beginning of paying off a resin ball jointed doll. :-X

Daspletodave

I hope they're about the same size as the Concavenator/Pelecanimimus boxed set. That will make them very affordable too.

brettnj

I should have been more clear.

I wasn't suggesting that anyone commit without knowing the price--just that I know who wants what so that when it comes time that my source gets them, the bulk of info will be in hand, and I could contact those in need of more information immediately and get their final decisions in time to proceed without them losing out on the opportunity to get them.

All that said, as it turns out, for the first time, the museum holding the exhibit is too far from my source for her to get these, and it doesn't ship, so we are scrambling to see if there is anything to be done.

Will update ASAP--but if interested, do keep orders coming just in case.

Roselaar

Quote from: brettnj on July 20, 2016, 04:57:43 AM
I should have been more clear.

I wasn't suggesting that anyone commit without knowing the price--just that I know who wants what so that when it comes time that my source gets them, the bulk of info will be in hand, and I could contact those in need of more information immediately and get their final decisions in time to proceed without them losing out on the opportunity to get them.

All that said, as it turns out, for the first time, the museum holding the exhibit is too far from my source for her to get these, and it doesn't ship, so we are scrambling to see if there is anything to be done.

Will update ASAP--but if interested, do keep orders coming just in case.

Thanks for the clarification. Unless they turn out hideously expensive, I would like all five sets, if you can indeed work something out to get them. :)

stargatedalek

I won't be interested in any of these three that have been shown, but perhaps the other two...

brettnj

Hey.

Just an FYI/update, I have requests for about 75 sets, and my source is starting to reach out to try to find a way to get them from so far from where she lives.

They are 2000 each--more expensive than I expected.  Our prices would obviously have to reflect the costs of obtaining help getting them and the dual or perhaps even triple (to my source, to me, to you) shipping.  Will update as information becomes available.

Here's a link with more pics of the first three of the five..
http://dinomodel.cocolog-nifty.com/dinosaurs/2016/07/post-263f.html

If anyone sees available these on ebay or anywhere else, please let me know.

Thanks.
Brett

Enzo_man

I'm assuming that's 2000 yen. Considering what I've paid for some individual Dinotales figures elsewhere, that isn't too bad, really.  I'm sure you'll find a fair compromise on the total price in the end :)
Who cares how old you are, loving Dinosaurs never gets old!

SBell

Quote from: Enzo_man on July 25, 2016, 05:30:18 PM
I'm assuming that's 2000 yen. Considering what I've paid for some individual Dinotales figures elsewhere, that isn't too bad, really.  I'm sure you'll find a fair compromise on the total price in the end :)

Very true!

I can't tell from the boxes their sizes (I'm assuming that people with other boxed Favorite sets can estimate), but your average dinotale/Kaiyodo Capsule dino probably comes in around $10 each; and most  larger PVC-like toy dinos from Safari, CollectA or Favorite are in the same ball park. And people pay a lot more for some Schleich and Papo (I just paid $26 CDN for the Dunkleosteus; the papo Kaprosuchus is $40!)

So a special edition set isn't unreasonable at that amount.

It's just a matter of budget....!

Roselaar

2,000 Yen each certainly isn't so bad. I'm more worried about shipping costs.

brettnj

Yeah, my very large concerns are that:

We'll have to pay an agent of some sort a good amount of money to get and ship them.

That agent will have to take multiple trips with other people involved just to carry the boxes and possibly the exhibit won't even sell as many as we need.

Shipping will be higher than usual unless the agent ships directly to me.

The sale will be chaotic as people are going to find them on eBay, etc., and go for them there while we're trying to procure them, changing our  numbers, etc.

So, until I have more facts, we're left in this gray zone.

But we do have ideas.

Will update ASAP.

BTW, I sent no individual messages/e-mails as I typically would to those requesting these, so no worries that you all didn't get responses.

Albertosaurus

I will go to Japan next month so I will get them directly from the museum. I hope they don´t run out of units because of you!!

Daspletodave

Simple solution Brett - get a deposit up front  (like maybe 1,000 yen per set, so half) and that will show you who is really committed.

FYI - a source tells me the price varies depending on the set, from 2000 to 2500 yen. And that one set is already sold out, but more may be coming later (in August?). So it seems the sets are selling like hotcakes, and when they're gone they're gone.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: