News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Halichoeres's drawings

Started by Halichoeres, July 28, 2016, 11:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

It looks amazing! What a weird looking animal it was.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's a wonderful drawing. And one of the most interesting looking 'fish' I have ever seen. Tricericthys. I will try to remember that one.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

MidnightSpino

Quote from: Jose S.M. on December 05, 2020, 11:14:41 AM
It looks amazing! What a weird looking animal it was.

I totally agree! Your painting looks so nice!

Halichoeres

Thank you, everyone :)

Last week was Fossil Fish Week on Twitter (and probably elsewhere), and I was bummed it had to coincide with one of the busiest weeks of the term. But I allowed myself the length of one news podcast to draw this weirdo with a pen and a few gray markers:

Shearsbyaspis oepiki (Gnathostomata: Petalichthyida) hails from the Early Devonian of Australia. It's only known from some head shields and the neurocranium (the latter obviously not visible here), so a lot of it is based on its better-known relative Lunaspis. The petalichthyids are almost always depicted in dorsal view, so this was kind of a tough angle and I'm sure I got some things wrong.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Newt

Nicely done! The plates are convincingly dimensional, and the bit of reflected light in the eye really sells it as a living animal.

Dinoreplicas

Nice job on the Shearsbyaspis, love the marker look, it's a great way to build up tone.

triceratops83

Beautifully done, as always. Superb job on the shading in particular.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Thanks, everyone! I've been experimenting with markers lately for another project, and it made me realize that when I work with ordinary pens or with pencils I am too bashful with the dark tones.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

An illustration I made for a design cooperative I'm a part of:

You'll be able to buy it on merch soon.

triceratops83

That'd make a kick-ass tattoo.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Faelrin

Very nice. How fitting you've used Tiktaalik as well (I think).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Your drawings are sophisticated and clever,  like you.

Halichoeres

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the kind words.

Quote from: Faelrin on December 11, 2021, 01:43:31 AM
Very nice. How fitting you've used Tiktaalik as well (I think).

Nailed it!

Gwangi

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 11, 2021, 01:36:48 AM
That'd make a kick-ass tattoo.

I was thinking the same thing! Or a bumper sticker at the very least. Great merch potential.

Concavenator

First time I'm seeing your drawings and they're very nice.

Quote from: Faelrin on December 11, 2021, 01:43:31 AMHow fitting you've used Tiktaalik as well (I think).

Coincidence? I don't think so.  ;)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That would make a good pinbadge, also a nice big banner
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

You have left that great tiktaalik amphibian, you are very ingenious when it comes to making your drawings. My congratulations.

Halichoeres

I've been working for a while with some other biologists and some designers on educational software and models for teaching anatomy, evolution, and related subjects. Our shop has just launched, and as promised you can buy a Tiktaalik sticker or greeting cards, along with some other designs by other members. You can also get models of a dogfish shark tooth or dermal denticle. We'll be using the proceeds to keep going on the software and other education tools. https://3danatomystudios.com/shop/

Halichoeres

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.